• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some great deals on Eidos sportscoats at GotStyle. A blue double breasted in 42, a check jacket and a light grey donegal in 44. All 40% off the sale price. Range from $550 to $680 before the 40%. Also a suede vest and a suede jacket thing. A few light blue shirts in size 16 and up.

Any size 40 jackets?

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just popped in to Saks Fifth Ave to have a look around. Nice store and it was quite busy. As expected, lots of fashion victims people were there to check it out on day one.

The men's shop will probably meet your expectations. It's not huge, taking up a bit more than half of the second floor. All the usual suspects are there: Burberry, Armani, Ralph Lauren, etc. The denim collection was a bit pointless. There were nice little sections for Charvet and Isaia. The shoes were mainly designer streetwear and run-of-the-mill premium brands like Ferragamo and Zegna. There was also a small watch section but again the brand choices were poor (Movado, Nixon, Shinola) though they had a few Alpinas.

ADub

Reaction score

Just popped in to Saks Fifth Ave to have a look around. Nice store and it was quite busy. As expected, lots of fashion victims people were there to check it out on day one.

The men's shop will probably meet your expectations. It's not huge, taking up a bit more than half of the second floor. All the usual suspects are there: Burberry, Armani, Ralph Lauren, etc. The denim collection was a bit pointless. There were nice little sections for Charvet and Isaia. The shoes were mainly designer streetwear and run-of-the-mill premium brands like Ferragamo and Zegna. There was also a small watch section but again the brand choices were poor (Movado, Nixon, Shinola) though they had a few Alpinas.

That's good to hear. How is the selection for sizing for Charvet and Isaia?

I understand why they would carry the watches they do. Anyone really serious about timepieces probably don't think of Saks when shopping.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's good to hear. How is the selection for sizing for Charvet and Isaia?

I understand why they would carry the watches they do. Anyone really serious about timepieces probably don't think of Saks when shopping.

The watches were located near streetwear shoes and the casual section, so the brands sort of make sense. With the exception of Movado, perhaps.

The selection of both Charvet and Isaia seemed quite good but I have no idea on size ranges; $625 OTR shirts aren't really my thing.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The watches were located near streetwear shoes and the casual section, so the brands sort of make sense. With the exception of Movado, perhaps.

The selection of both Charvet and Isaia seemed quite good but I have no idea on size ranges; $625 OTR shirts aren't really my thing.

Then anything that is worthwhile there?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope.

They have RL purple label, but it's the black label rebranded stuff. Not the hand made purple label.

It was nice to see Corneliani and Dunhill though.

The Dunhill suits were a decent value and made in Zegna's Spain factory. But they might have been fused considering the low price point.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope.

They have RL purple label, but it's the black label rebranded stuff. Not the hand made purple label.

It was nice to see Corneliani and Dunhill though.

The Dunhill suits were a decent value and made in Zegna's Spain factory. But they might have been fused considering the low price point.

I didn't see any reason to go back, either, though the layout and merchandising were fine.

Spex

Reaction score
I was at Saks today also and spotted some Samuelsohn for Saks sportcoats which were nice. Also saw some nice grey trousers (might have been Isaia) but at $795 they were a bit rich for my blood.

ADub

Reaction score

Thanks. Based on all those that have been I'll temper my expectations for when I do go. Charvet shirts are expensive; I recall them being $300 plus at Nordstrom Rack in the States. I don't quite get OTR stuff that are priced higher than bespoke but clearly there is a market for those.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry if I missed this but do they carry RRL?

I didn't notice any but didn't really look through the Ralph Lauren section closely. I noticed RLPL but as othertravel noted above, it's apparently not the good stuff.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say that the standout stuff would be Isaia, Charvet and Corthay, the latter two being new to the market. There's another high end suit label that's new to the market but cannot place the name.

Sorry if I missed this but do they carry RRL?

I didn't notice any but didn't really look through the Ralph Lauren section closely. I noticed RLPL but as othertravel noted above, it's apparently not the good stuff.

No RRL, sadly.

And in case anybody here is wondering: no SLP men's clothes or shoes either. @Steel28

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads