• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Terrible Fashion Blog Thread

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
What is more classic than the leather jacket? I'll tell you what- a properly fitting non glossy leather jacket.

Oh, one more thing. NEVER EVER EVER do what this guy is doing. Not only because that is way too little clothing for there being snow on the ground or because his skinny jeans, size too small jean jacket, and clip on suspenders make him look like some sort of Neo-Nazi hipster, but because this is just an outright terrible look. Anyways, as always, dress dangerously my friends.

and finally ...

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's my personal favorite. the writer actually posted a link to this on reddit a while ago, can't believe I didn't think to post it here.

also, whenever this thread is bumped my blog gets like twice the traffic it usually does so...thanks?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Ethan from http://dapper-on-a-dime.blogspot.com . It was with absolute horror that when I followed the small spike in page views to it's source here, I found my blog listed in this thread. I hang my head low with embarrassment to have made this list, and ask of you gentlemen, whom I turn to for advice (chiefly lurking, I am but a pleb) rather than just laugh at my blog, can you tell me what I could do to improve it?

I understand my sense of style is not going to mesh with everyones, and I definitely have a long ways to go, especially when it comes to fit, but I would strongly appreciate the gentlemen of SF to give me some solid critiques I could work on, so as to become a better informed style writer? My target audience is not the already well dressed but rather friends and family who have pushed me to put my thoughts on style on paper (so to speak). I would rather not mislead them and would be forever in your debt if you could point me in the right direction.

I have posted similar queries on Reddit's MFA only to be met with sneering and abuse with no actual critiques of what to do better. I've already earned the disrespect of SF, so please, give me feedback on what I can do better?

Respectfully,

Dapper On A Dime

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi all, I'm Ethan from http://dapper-on-a-dime.blogspot.com 
. It was with absolute horror that when I followed the small spike in page views to it's source here, I found my blog listed in this thread. I hang my head low with embarrassment to have made this list, and ask of you gentlemen, whom I turn to for advice (chiefly lurking, I am but a pleb) rather than just laugh at my blog, can you tell me what I could do to improve it?

I understand my sense of style is not going to mesh with everyones, and I definitely have a long ways to go, especially when it comes to fit, but I would strongly appreciate the gentlemen of SF to give me some solid critiques I could work on, so as to become a better informed style writer? My target audience is not the already well dressed but rather friends and family who have pushed me to put my thoughts on style on paper (so to speak). I would rather not mislead them and would be forever in your debt if you could point me in the right direction.

I have posted similar queries on Reddit's MFA only to be met with sneering and abuse with no actual critiques of what to do better. I've already earned the disrespect of SF, so please, give me feedback on what I can do better?

Respectfully,

Dapper On A Dime

This is actually how I started learning how to become a competent dresser too. My blog is posted on the first page of this thread, and now look at me, trashing people's blogs like I'm one of the guys. The biggest problem with the photos you've posted of yourself is that everything is at least a size too big, most noticeably on your formalwear fit, the fit I posted of you in the gray cable-knit sweater, the peacoat fits and the leather jacket fit. This blog gets into "Terrible Fashion Blog" territory not only because everything is too big, but because you tend to go on about proper fit as though you're an expert, which is what makes it funny.

You look like you lean MC Casual but that thread is pretty bad and won't be useful to getting advice for yourself. I'd recommend checking the SW&D WAYWT thread, studying the posters that have a look you're going for (NOBD is the standard example for a guy who dresses well without being some crazy fashion dude, also maybe NewYorkIslander on a good day (his SW&D fits are really not that great most of the time), maybe mike868y sometimes).

Anyway, once you do that, post a photo in WAYWT every once in a while (this will frustrate regulars until you get good, but this is what worked for me). You can read all you want about fit but it won't help you nearly as much as listening to somebody critique the clothes you're actually wearing. Anyway, post a fit every once in a while (not daily, don't post the same thing over and over), apply the advice you get and try again, try something new and post it, don't treat the thread like your personal advice thread, make progress and soon you'll be on your way to the people in this thread thinking you are cool, or something.

This is what worked for me.

diniro

Reaction score

Hi all, I'm Ethan from http://dapper-on-a-dime.blogspot.com . It was with absolute horror that when I followed the small spike in page views to it's source here, I found my blog listed in this thread. I hang my head low with embarrassment to have made this list, and ask of you gentlemen, whom I turn to for advice (chiefly lurking, I am but a pleb) rather than just laugh at my blog, can you tell me what I could do to improve it?

Respectfully,

Dapper On A Dime

burn all your bowties, bright colored chinos, and fun socks. also stop reading GQ.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One can only hope that the anachronistic archetype of the "Gentle Man," along with the Assembly-Line and the Internal Combustion Engine, shall soon be cast aside in favor of more progressive alternatives

srsly tho, it really bothers me. seems so regressive and cisnormative. this is the modern world; it's not mad men and it's certainly not downton abbey.

GQ alone is not to blame, i fear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads