1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Terrible Fashion Blog Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Nov 2, 2011.

1. jet

jet Senior member

Kanye did this.

4 people like this.
  2. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

What's ironic is that he dresses like shit, couldn't style an outfit correctly if his life depended on it (he has weird proportions and it doesn't help). Do we really live in a time where saying you love fashion over and over is enough to become a style icon?

1 person likes this.
  3. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

But he's the voice of a generation.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I must confess I don't know any Kanye songs so I cannot comment on the musical part (yeah I know you're kidding).

2 people like this.
  5. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

wow.

6. jet

jet Senior member

I don't disagree but he is at the heart of this explosion in interest in fashion over the years. I think if it weren't for him none of this would be happening right now.

5 people like this.
  7. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Fuuma this is what you're missing out on:

I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
    The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus
    So here go my single dog radio needs this
    They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
    That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
    But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?

This in a smash single called "Jesus walks."

Oh, and "they say you can rap about anything" is crammed into the space of two beats (filled by "here go my single dog" on the previous line), making it one of the sloppiest lines I can think of in a popular song.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. NickFR

NickFR Member

horrid stuff
    but some of Kanye's early works were pretty good

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I dream of a world where radio stations play music about Jesus with the same enthusiasm with which they play music about atheism

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Kanye's lyrics are so bad..."since OJ had Isotoners" haha.

11. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Listen to american country music radio stations.

12. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I like that he crammed it into two beats. Not that I particularly care for the message, but I think its one of his better flowing raps.

He's never been a skilled rapper but he's made some good songs.

Doesn't mean i want to see his pictures anywhere and doesn't mean that I'm not embarrassed by the fact that I know he's having a baby with Kim Kardashian.

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

The Yeats of our times...

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

How was Tora Bora?

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I am sure I have heard Kanye songs in bars and clubs, hell I've seen Kanye a few times at fashion shows and afterparties. I just have never willingly and knowingly listened to one, aside from a video that someone posted here. I've never read Harry Potter or seen the movies either, it is quite possible to entirely bypass something that is very popular if it doesn't interest you. I won't check out 50 shades of grey either....

2 people like this.
  16. ctkim

ctkim Well-Known Member

Well what about gangnam style?

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Makes sense, especially if you don't listen to hip hop/rap in the first place, it would have been impressive if you had never heard any of his stuff.

I'm very skilled in the arts of not paying attention to things I don't care about, my entire family will vouch for that. :embar:

I have seen or read any of those either, haven't seen Lord of the rings, Twilight or the Matrix either.

18. VirtruviusR

VirtruviusR Senior member

19. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

That scrawny dude with the $30K sneaker collection is just...

That's the dude who you were friends with when you were a kid because every time you went over his house his parents would order like 10 pizzas and then take you out to the arcade and ice cream after. Because they knew he wouldn't have any friends otherwise...SAD.

2 people like this.
  20. Suicmez

Suicmez Senior member

http://www.bestylish.org/blog/index...o-project-sexual-confidence-in-clubs-and-bars

"So stay away from jeans, white t-shirt and sneakers. They’re bad for you. :D "

"The best way to hit women at that sexual level (tested by myself on a few occasions) is to wear colored chino pants."
    "The second guy is wearing a light-blue shirt(which works well with the green chinos), a navy-blue slim tie and brown shoes. This is my favorite outfit by the way."

"A fedora or a pork pie hat

These two types of hats are perfect for clubbing. I know, I know: you should only wear hats when you’re outside.

Well, clubs are the exception. Guys wearing hats in club always draw women’s attention. In general, hats (or anything else) that is worn by less than 1% of the men will draw a lot of attention."

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

14 people like this.