• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going to be extending the order window for the GYW Cordovan pairs to mid-April and then push the delivery slightly (obviously everyone will be informed).
Is there anyone we can send a size 43 to for just a quick fit test against the v2's? They are sized the same but nothing like a field test. I have the mid-tops here and Rose Anvil has the low tops in hand.

Remember these are NOT made by Adriano and instead by our GAT maker.
And I will get that answer someone asked regarding the re-soling of these and the stitches on the sidewall.

Same goes for the v2 as Rose Anvil has delayed the video (which with the whole mess taking place on the HW line isn't a bad thing for us) and it allows us time to see what Adriano is saying as well as get the second maker live and going.

It gives us a little time to get a final sample done and subsequently send it out for testing.

I will re-enable MTO once I get a little more clarity in the coming days hopefully before RA puts his video up.

I will go ahead and order stock of Margom soles in the next week or so just so either way that delay is mitigated as we are going to need them one way or the other given we have so many shoes using them.

SF-01 UltraLights will be put up for order in April but production for those are quick given they are again done by our GAT makers.

Sorry if I am not as active as usual on here, i will do my best to handle the mess and carry on forward with our other ideas so we don't lose months and progress all because of this issue.
Wishing I was a 43 instead of a 42 now..lol.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️
BF18E7BE-2C88-4E30-A8CF-6833AD2C6D7C.jpeg

08297206-22F4-44A9-8C97-2C04269DF611.jpeg

archipel

Reaction score
SF-01 UltraLights will be put up for order in April but production for those are quick given they are again done by our GAT makers.

Sorry if I am not as active as usual on here, i will do my best to handle the mess and carry on forward with our other ideas so we don't lose months and progress all because of this issue.

Thanks for the update amongst the mess.

I would think not to delay the UltraLights too much, as I would see these as summer shoes. But I don't know how long production would take.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit curious about the GWY construction (I know a video has beeen posted on this thread). You say that "the upper is attached to a welt and therefore protected from the sole which can be changed when required", but isn't the upper stitched to the outsoles too (like any other sneakers) ? I don't really get the benefits of a welt as there will be new holes in the upper each time the shoes are resoled...

Spoke with the maker.

Ok so as per the video basically the whole thing is protected so that there is no glue used which keeps the upper in-tact. Which you can see from the video. It isn't exactly like a bog standard goodyear procedure but a goodyear machine

So normally with sneakers glue is used as well and it doesn't mean sneakers can't be re-soled but you risk tearing the upper apart.

When re-soling these that is never an issue. That is the advantage of the construction.

So all that is required is the stitches come off on the outsole and then there isnt any glue there soa new sole just goes on and is stitched on in the same place.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update amongst the mess.

I would think not to delay the UltraLights too much, as I would see these as summer shoes. But I don't know how long production would take.
Sure I can launch on them immediately.

I have held back always because of the issue with SF-01 delivery etc and now the recent mess with the HW line.

Finally, good news everyone, all the shoes ordered within batches will be shipped from Europe so no nonsense extras.

Anyone a 41 to test the ultrilights?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure I can launch on them immediately.

I have held back always because of the issue with SF-01 delivery etc and now the recent mess with the HW line.

Finally, good news everyone, all the shoes ordered within batches will be shipped from Europe so no nonsense extras.

Anyone a 41 to test the ultrilights?
Are the ultra lights unlined? If that's the case I would more than likely need a 41 for them unless they are made slightly smaller per size to account for the lining volume

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like these compared to Adriano's SF01's??
Totally different shoe.

These exhibit a strobel construction so are super flexible, light, and even the upper is deerskin so its sort of like a totally different shoe.

For me they are super comfortable. I love my Sf-01's (i only have a v1) but these are ridiculously comfortable almost like a sock. Think one of those crazy Nike comfortable shoes made as a luxe product.

The insoles are coconut-based and really nice they arent sort of overly quilted like the foam insoles used on the sf-01 but just as comfortable.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally different shoe.

These exhibit a strobel construction so are super flexible, light, and even the upper is deerskin so its sort of like a totally different shoe.

For me they are super comfortable. I love my Sf-01's (i only have a v1) but these are ridiculously comfortable almost like a sock. Think one of those crazy Nike comfortable shoes made as a luxe product.

The insoles are coconut-based and really nice they arent sort of overly quilted like the foam insoles used on the sf-01 but just as comfortable.
With this feedback, I am curious how comfortable they will make the SF01 if you produce a sample with them

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru