• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally different shoe.

These exhibit a strobel construction so are super flexible, light, and even the upper is deerskin so its sort of like a totally different shoe.

For me they are super comfortable. I love my Sf-01's (i only have a v1) but these are ridiculously comfortable almost like a sock. Think one of those crazy Nike comfortable shoes made as a luxe product.

The insoles are coconut-based and really nice they arent sort of overly quilted like the foam insoles used on the sf-01 but just as comfortable.
With this feedback, I am curious how comfortable they will make the SF01 if you produce a sample with them

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With this feedback, I am curious how comfortable they will make the SF01 if you produce a sample with them
It will be the same.

We are sticking to the same construction for the SF-01 so v2 is the end of the line on that shoe. Its a different shoe for different purpose... I think someone mentioned more of a summer shoe for the Ultralight... that sounds about right.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will be the same.

We are sticking to the same construction for the SF-01 so v2 is the end of the line on that shoe. Its a different shoe for different purpose... I think someone mentioned more of a summer shoe for the Ultralight... that sounds about right.
Whoa, end of the line? If that means what it sounds like, glad I got a **** ton of them.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa, end of the line? If that means what it sounds like, glad I got a **** ton of them.
ha. As in end of line in development. Maximum we will change the removable insole going forward....but nothing more than that. I think we have a pretty final product with it. I hope.

Disclaimer: I am no expert, but you guys are.

Dare I make an outlandish claim on SF :oops:

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ha. As in end of line in development. Maximum we will change the removable insole going forward....but nothing more than that. I think we have a pretty final product with it. I hope.
So will you still be producing a SF01 V2 sample with them to see how well they fare?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes sir. They are on it now.
Just FYI, on the ones I tested with the coconut liners, they made the fit quite snug. There will likely need to be adjustments made to correctly correspond to sizing conventions.

ps: love the quilting addition, and looking forward to what you guys come up with in terms of colors on the ultra lites.

Jawnpy

Reaction score
I’m a bit outdated on what’s going on with the SF01 V2 if someone can help fill me in.
I have a pair of V1 and was waiting on purchasing some V2. I still have the original discount code given to those who giving due to the whole tongue issue thing.
Will I be able to get in on the V2 at cost price? Or am I too late on this boat? It seems like there’s another iteration of V2 in the works?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF01 v2 was delivered. It was an overall success I think.

There is a new batch scheduled which currently says it will close on the 25th of March. It will be extended to the 14th of April.
Delivery will be the sometime end of May/Early June.

Your code can be used. If it doesn't work, CS will extend it for you.

the UltraLight is another shoe.

the Shell Cordovan SF-01 is another shoe.

hope that clears it up

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will the new batch be made by the GAT makers? If not, can I use the code when you switch makers?
The GAT makers are being prepared to do it and will do it depending on how the other reacts and how forthcoming the craftsmen are to provide a solution.

Always remember if they are forthcoming and do look to solve the issue there is not even a minute chance of them trying to pull anything of the sort again. Furthermore, the level of oversight etc and the fact that legal teams are involved will mean the end of the repeat offence. I know you have previously stated that you will not be purchasing an item from this maker and that is fair but at the same time they have delivered something pretty great with the v2's according to the feedback they have and have all the skillsets to create excellent product in other lines as well. Their dishonesty in the moment might define them but we need to be responsible and consider the case where it might not as well.

There are plenty of stories of dishonest practices or theft that have reared their heads amidst the global crisis. It isn't a fair moment to judge someone's character in it's entirety as tough times are a passage to temptation. I mean it could be, don't get me wrong... I refuse to be naive but at the same time have to be fair to the values we say we preach at this brand. To be human and consider in judgment. Otherwise, all I am doing is selling something for a lower price and that is that... and that might be the case and maybe if the shoe wasn't at Naked we wouldn't have customers but I hope that isn't what we are here building.

Archibald is about upholding certain values and a commitment to authenticity, craftsmanship, quality, transparency and providing customers with a fair approach to retail - to achieve that we have to be human about our approach and consider with excellence comes error and good people can make a bad decision. We have a duty of care to all of you, our customers and we have some great customers and we will exercise that to protect them but we have to give it the proper due process.

Last edited:

archipel

Reaction score
The GAT makers are being prepared to do it and will do it depending on how the other reacts and how forthcoming the craftsmen are to provide a solution.

Always remember if they are forthcoming and do look to solve the issue there is not even a minute chance of them trying to pull anything of the sort again. Furthermore, the level of oversight etc and the fact that legal teams are involved will mean the end of the repeat offence. I know you have previously stated that you will not be purchasing an item from this maker and that is fair but at the same time they have delivered something pretty great with the v2's according to the feedback they have and have all the skillsets to create excellent product in other lines as well. Their dishonesty in the moment might define them but we need to be responsible and consider the case where it might not as well.

There are plenty of stories of dishonest practices or theft that have reared their heads amidst the global crisis. It isn't a fair moment to judge someone's character in it's entirety as tough times are a passage to temptation. I mean it could be, don't get me wrong... I refuse to be naive but at the same time have to be fair to the values we say we preach at this brand. To be human and consider in judgment. Otherwise, all I am doing is selling something for a lower price and that is that... and that might be the case and maybe if the shoe wasn't at Naked we wouldn't have customers but I hope that isn't what we are here building.

You make good points. I will think about it. I didn't mean it specifically because of the business practices, I was also just curious. I am not in a hurry to buy new sneakers. If the code was only for the current maker, it would mean I would purchase it now instead of later when/if you switch.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You make good points. I will think about it. I didn't mean it specifically because of the business practices, I was also just curious. I am not in a hurry to buy new sneakers. If the code was only for the current maker, it would mean I would purchase it now instead of later when/if you switch.
Code is always yours and we will always honour it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads