• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Marco Azzali Gruppo Forall line? Found a suit, fully canvassed, Loro Piana fabric, but all machine stitching. Quality seems okay, but they want a lot of money for it. Worth it?

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried selling a canali staple navy blazer, I think I got $30 for it
frown.gif
(it was like new)
Canali has a new line that is more "SF approved" soft shoulders, slim fit, not as long in the body, etc
I would have no reservations buying the new line if I found it (for myself of course)

Well, I won this Canali tux with Loro Piana Super 120's for cheap, so I'm not complaining:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25101591957...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1180

I think the seller is a member here... Just put what I thought was a lowball snipe on it and won, so that's cool

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone know anything about Marco Azzali Gruppo Forall line? Found a suit, fully canvassed, Loro Piana fabric, but all machine stitching. Quality seems okay, but they want a lot of money for it. Worth it?

Never heard of it but Gruppo Forall makes the regular line Pal Zilri stuff. Probably around Canali-level stuff.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Never heard of it but Gruppo Forall makes the regular line Pal Zilri stuff. Probably around Canali-level stuff.

I thought it might have a connection to the zileri stuff. They wanted $25 after discount so I left it.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Thanks for defending me.

I'm not trying to
stirpot.gif
or
boxing%5B1%5D.gif
, but I will offer up an explanation.

1. I am a college student, with a now nearly nonexistent savings, and a low credit card limit. Just by buying the higher level stuff in the last 1.5 months, I have hit my credit card limit a few times, and dipped into more than half of my savings. I simply don't have the money, or even credit, to pick up all of this Canali/Zegna level stuff.

2. Nataku, and others are right: there is massive risk involved in selling. If I started selling large amounts of this stuff at cost, much of it would not sell, or not sell for what I paid. On top of that, my gas costs would make the process very costly for me.

3. If I find recent Canali/Zegna, I will pick it up. For almost all of the stuff I don't pick up, there is a reason (high price, unvented, old, double breasted).

4. I don't have the time to sell things. Just the time I've spent thrifting has left me behind on a few of my classes, which is why I'm consigning my stuff.

I really thought I was being pretty generous to direct people to spots where they might find stuff
confused.gif
I've already sent 3-4 members in the right direction.

You're fine, man. Don't worry.

Wish I knew what Canali was when I was in college -- most likely would have thought it was an overrated Italian pastry.

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is recent and is Saxxon wool, about $2000 retail. Nice find.
I have sold a few of that suit and a few 1818's with that fabric. It is extraordinary.

Thanks for the info. I had tried to find something on it but google blanked on me. Two bills!!!? It does feel like teh sechs when I put it on!! I wish I could have found the other pants as well.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
Very happy today, for $1.99

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Nice find. I'll double your money in minutes if your selling it
lol8[1].gif

My only find today was this...should at least cover my gas and time for going out...crappy day
frown.gif

Corneliani Solid Gray Flannel Wool Suit! STAPLE!! - 40R

Size: Tagged EU 50 R = US 40/41 R (See Measurements)
Chest (armpit to armpit on back): 22.25"
Shoulder (seam to seam on back): 19.75"
Arm (shoulder seam to end of arm): 24.25"
Overall Length (bottom of collar to bottom): 31.5"
Waist (waist laying flat): 18.5"
Inseam (inseam to cuff): 30.5"
Cuff width (width at cuff): 8.75
Cuff (height of cuff): 1.5
Few loose threads right armpit lining
Superb quality suit
Wool / flannel
Unvented
Fully Lined
Fully Canvassed
Peak Lapel
STAPLE SUIT!!

hmmurdock

Reaction score

Quote:
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Nice find. I'll double your money in minutes if your selling it
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
My only find today was this...should at least cover my gas and time for going out...crappy day :(
Corneliani Solid Gray Flannel Wool Suit! STAPLE!! - 40R
Size: Tagged EU 50 R = US 40/41 R (See Measurements) Chest (armpit to armpit on back): 22.25" Shoulder (seam to seam on back): 19.75" Arm (shoulder seam to end of arm): 24.25" Overall Length (bottom of collar to bottom): 31.5" Waist (waist laying flat): 18.5" Inseam (inseam to cuff): 30.5" Cuff width (width at cuff): 8.75 Cuff (height of cuff): 1.5 Few loose threads right armpit lining Superb quality suit Wool / flannel Unvented Fully Lined Fully Canvassed Peak Lapel STAPLE SUIT!!​
I want that so badly....but those shoulders...so wide for a 40R. :censored:

Jettison

Reaction score
Had a quiet week, so decided to do some serious thrifting. During the week in my town I found a few useful, but not particularly braggable stuff, and this:

I've not worn a scarf since I was about 6 years old. So I'm still debating whether to start doing so with this, or stick it on ebay.

The aforementioned nice but not bragworthy things being some very comfy (but don't think SF-approved) Hackett trousers and an Eton shirt (on the far right, below), both for me. I'm really liking Eton; interesting design and well fitting.

Free long weekend, so yesterday and today I took the time to hit up every shop in the town, village and city nearest to where I live. That's 30+ shops. What did I find?

Absolutely. Goddamn. Nothing.

Well, maybe 5 or so Jeremyn Street shirts (Thomas Pink, Tyrwhitt, TM Lewin) but too big for me and not worth flipping. Man!

So after that incredible haul, I went through another suburb with a couple of shops and saw that magic number on the shirt rack: 14 1/2.
smile.gif

Checked out the labels. James Brooks(?)/TM Lewin/Harvie and Hudson.
biggrin.gif
They're not exactly Brionis, but after hitting zilch for an entire day, it was a
biggrin.gif
. Tried them on...
happy.gif
Perfect!

....But with the arms for a dwarf.
facepalm.gif
. Still grabbed them anyway, as they were cheap and I always roll the sleeves up in summer anyway.

So still without anything actually bragworthy, I took another detour (this is all walking, btw. Thrifting and exercise in one fell swoop!) to go to one last shop. And found....

I'll post up the details a little later, for I shall need some SF expertise.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Just an FYI - Not really Zegna...just cloth manufactured by Zegna. Too bad your in the UK...I am 14.5 AND have short arms (31" sleeves work perfect)

I want that so badly....but those shoulders...so wide for a 40R.
censored.gif
I know! Just double checked the shoulders...yup, a hair under 19.75" but wide. It seems to measure out to more of a 42R then a 40. Tagged EU 50... so thats more like a 41 if you do the math I think?

Last edited:

Jettison

Reaction score
Quote:
Just an FYI - Not really Zegna...just cloth manufactured by Zegna. Too bad your in the UK...I am 14.5 AND have short arms (31" sleeves work perfect)

Yup, I was aware that that was just the cloth label. The reason I didn't post the maker label is...

It's gone! Two suits, nicely made, nice fabric, but the maker label gone and name tag stripped.

They don't have the usual details tag either, so does that 'Custom Tailored' mean bespoke? And if so, by whom? I can almost see the imprint of that label above, just not quite.

Clearly nice suits though: working cuffs, beautiful lining, etc.

Zegna cloth:

Gone a bit shiny, the pants too, unfortunately.

Loro Piana cloth:

Size 44 if the shop tag is to be believed (no tag with info), and I've yet to measure them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads