• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thrift bros:

As you know, something new is sweeping the nation! Unfortunately, it appears I’ll be out of work for several weeks. (Hopefully more, as the new season of Better Call Saul is *really* good). Having recently splurged on a few of your items, I’m happy to report that thank you, they are wonderful; however, some tailoring will likely be tossed back to the ’bay, a few at ridiculous prices, optimistic jetsam against this new invisible foe. Gentlemen: our maximum point of power is now. If you see a familiar coat from a familiar township, I beseech you: remain calm. Don’t hate the player, baby, hate the novel corona virus.

More as the story develops...

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember the Swine flu panic of 2009? No, you don’t.
60 million Americans infected.
0.01-0.08% fatality rate. Also, less contagious than COVID-19.

edit: lol... I was just checking Rush's website to see the latest he had to say about the virus. lo and behold...

Why do research or formulate your own opinion when your boy Rush can just tell you what to say and think?

I think both of you are missing part of the truth here, which is:

1) Rush’s comparison was incomplete and misguided. He should have put it in proper context.

2) Having said that, if Trump had been president during swine flu, you’d have to be unimaginably naive to assume the media would have treated him/it the same as Obama, regardless of how either of them handled it.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1) Rush’s comparison was incomplete and misguided. He should have put it in proper context.

2) Having said that, if Trump had been president during swine flu, you’d have to be unimaginably naive to assume the media would have treated him/it the same as Obama, regardless of how either of them handled it.

One difference between 2009 and now is that in April 2009, the stock market had already been in recession mode for six months.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
time to break out a classic

F0C7ED6C-4CD0-430E-A165-07BCA3A72164.gif

illeagle

Reaction score
0.01-0.08% fatality rate. Also, less contagious than COVID-19.

edit: lol... I was just checking Rush's website to see the latest he had to say about the virus. lo and behold...

Huh? How did I miss anything? I was pointing out that he was simply using a Rush talking point. I said nothing about the mass media or Trump.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about sales but I definitely see a lot of the rack camping old lady regulars disappearing from my local goodwills in the last week.

I've noticed a lot more parking spaces open at the stores lately. Unfortunately, there's also been a noticeable lack of new merchandise as well. Spoke to a few workers and they said donations are way down. :(

illeagle

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot more parking spaces open at the stores lately. Unfortunately, there's also been a noticeable lack of new merchandise as well. Spoke to a few workers and they said donations are way down. :(

Yeah I noticed a lot less racks coming out this week and less new stuff at my main spots.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stumbled upon about 600+ 70's funk/r&b records today. $2 each. Unfortunately this genre is out of my wheelhouse. I stumbled upon a small cache of blues albums amongst them, and also grabbed some that I knew I liked/needed (Funkadelic....thrilled to finally find "Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow"). I decided to roll the dice and bought some that I had never heard of.

DSC02691.JPG

DSC02692.JPG

DSC02693.JPG

DSC02694.JPG

Last edited:

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after doing the rounds a few days ago... I decided it might be best to stand down until further notice. Especially the bins. Bins were pretty dry anyway.

My cousin is pretty sure he had covid. Went skiing with his wife in aspen (little nel hotel is currently on lock down).

His doctor wouldn't test him... Regardless, he said it was like an ass kicker of a flu... But still like nothing he's experienced before. He's fine now... But 47 years old. So, still fairly young in the grand scheme of things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads