1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

An unpinned thread: Digmenow's journey toward sartorial self improvement.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Digmenow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Am I more Neanderthal than modern human? I look at pictures of the rest of you guys throughout this forum and see slender, inward tilting rib cages and slim hip bones while I have tug boat fenders sticking out above my abdomen and around my belt line. I often wonder if bone reduction surgery is an option. Kidding. Please don't send letters.

Seriously, I feel like I have more in common with the skeleton on the left than the one on the right.

[​IMG]
    Anthropologists assembled the first complete Neanderthal
    skeleton (left) just last year, using bones from several adult males.
    A side-by-side comparison wtih a modern human highlights
    Neanderthal traits such as a wider shoulder span and pelvis, a
    flared rib cage, and heavy browridges.

2. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

As a new guy who's fumbling around, gotta say thanks for putting this thread together. TB's tie threads were new to me and are a freaking gold mine!

3. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Wow, sorry I missed commenting on this. Anyhow, the thread was a lot more usable before the migration to the new forum style and I've just been too lazy to redo it. Glad it helped and I agree with you about TB's tie thread. Solid gold.

Anyhow, don't mind me. Just X-posting some updated fits. Carry on.

More pics from September/October/November 2011

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

December 2011 Alfred Sargent boots
    [​IMG]
    Brooks Brothers gray herringbone overcoat, Southwest headwear :lol: and oversized H-F sweater.
    [​IMG]

January/February 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

I see you've upgraded your shoes. Nice going :slayer:

Might I suggest upgrading your jackets - they are a bit outdated. Not terrible, mind you - just a bit vintage. You can get a nice sportcoat for less than $200 at an outlet, or here on B&S if you scour well.

Overall, looking good.

Do lose the Felix the Cat keychain, though.

5. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Don't ever lose the Felix keychain.

6. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Do lose it...but keep it for special occasions. For example, surprise us one day by dressing in black tie, for whatever situation (meeting a head of state, opera, soccer practice), and whip it out then. Otherwise it becomes pedestrian. Vulgar, even. If set aside only for such worthy occasions, it would have an indelible impact - more than presently, anyway.

7. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I was already beginning to think twice about the keychain as an affectation but I really liked the continuity that it provided. It's a bi+c# to remember, sometimes. I think the special occasion idea is a pretty good one. I continue to seek more current items to replace some of the "starter" items I currently wear. Expect better as time passes (I hope!).

Thanks, guys.

8. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

:facepalm:
    Well, it seems that I can no longer go back and edit my earlier posts so I have to add posts of new stuff of importance to me. Sorry if you fell into this thread expecting something different.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  9. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Fabric Reweavers USA.

These methods are not foolproof and there is no guarantee, implied or otherwise of their success. Try at your own risk. Your results may vary.

Here is a link to The treatment for cleaning shirts that are thought to be beyond redemption. Your results may vary.

Another method is to put the stained article directly into a bucket of near boiling water containing about a half of a cup of Dawn dishwashing detergent and a half of a bottle of hydrogen peroxide for 6 or so hours. Remove and launder as normal. Stains are usually gone! Your results may vary.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Your results may vary.

Please enjoy this very useful
    Guide to Weaves and Designs. PDF

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  10. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

How's THAT for collar roll? Late 50's and mid 60's style, back when Mom used to dress me. GF had it goin' on!

I want this sweater back. Pretty sure it was Carolina blue.
    [​IMG]

Skinny tie and a nice P.S.
    [​IMG]
    Fairly certain that's a clip on.
    [​IMG]

Needless to say, a small trove of old photos resurfaced at a family GTG, yesterday.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013