• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A "Thread Closet" suggestion for the SF mods.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Honestly, I don't think it would make much difference. I feel like the search function does work very well, and even if things were spelled out on the first page, or organized people still want to be spoon fed their answers. If they are not using search, they are not going to browse an outline and read through threads. I think with forums it is just the nature of the beast. The only real way to rid a lot of it is to make people pay to register like some other forums and have more stringent tiers of penalties for being a nuisence. At some point even democratically. If the forum votes by a 3/4 majority to ban, then ban it shall be!

The problem with a search function, is you need to know what to search for. Sometimes it's obvious, like "on pants" othertimes it isn't "get foofed"

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
can anyone provide a link to the first 2 WAYWRN threads?

Part I doesn't work; was too big and caused technical problems. I think the mods want to try to get it up again after the new forum software is installed.

Here's WAYWRN II.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Part I doesn't work; was too big and caused technical problems. I think the mods want to try to get it up again after the new forum software is installed.

Here's WAYWRN II.

Thanks! Added.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rats! I can no longer edit my first post!
mad.gif

Meanwhile...

You can change the number of posts per page so that these monumental threads are easier to read.

• Go to your User Control Panel by clicking on "User CP" in the toolbar towards the top left of your screen.
  • On the left side under "Control Panel/Settings & Options", click on "Edit Options".
  • Scroll down to the third heading labeled "Thread Display Options "
  • Find "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" and click on the drop down box.
  • Select the number of posts per page that works best for you.

Most modern computers/connections should easily handle 40 posts per page.

This really cleans things up so that it's easier to go back and find a previous post, etc.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reposted for editing purposes. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. Encyclopaedia Thread / Forum Armarium encyclopedia Welcome! A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. by pvrhye Ties Basic Tie Questions by BBdude Working List of Mid and High Range Tie Makers/Labels by jrd617 Culling neckties (New ties added) by Threadbearer Soporific Tie Appreciation by Manton Help me round out my tie wardrobe. by Threadbearer esp. Post 9 by edmorel Shirts The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts by imageWIS Folded Up Shirt Appreciation by Manton Cuff Appreciation by mafoofan Suits/Tailoring Balance Explained by a tailor www.moderntailor.com Custom Tailored Clothing Official Thread by moderntailoremma The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors by tgfny DB jacket proportions - lapel width & button position by aj_del (featuring the mafoofan/apropos discussion) Indochino suits? by crease HOF: How to measure for ebay by A Harris The alteration cost thread by LooknGr8 The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) by Cognacad Baltimore area tailor by JohnGalt for Dig's use. Back Pockets by GBR Fits (Official?) Fit Critique Thread by Edgar Allan Pwn The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors by tgfny conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment by Manton HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II by LabelKing HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III by Mr.K WAYWRN All-Stars by TRINI Footwear Shoes Explained by A Harris Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread by Mild Mannered Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Appreciation Theard by luk-cha RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know by Sator suede shoes - post 'em here! by srivats Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I by von Rothbart Shoe Damage Report & Shoe Appreciation Central - Part II by Oyaji Unusually colored shoelaces by SpooPoker Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos by pocketsquareguy Wearing white trousers - white socks? by BareSolid Formal Wear Quarter-lined Dinner Jacket: a Stroke of Stupidity or Genius? by mafoofan Accessories Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....by pocketsquareguy Men's Scarves, Ascots & Neckerchiefs - photos, discussion, inspiration by pocketsquareguy Kent Wang pocket squares, cuff links, ties, shirts, and more - Affiliate thread by Kent Wang Lapel flower (boutonniere) by Kent Wang Cuff Link Damage by California Dreamer The Watch P0rn Thread by gdl203 Poor man's watch thread by SirGrotius The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories Appreciation thread by DocHolliday Briefcase Appreciation thread by zjpj83 Cloth Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread by Manton Denim 101 for Men's Clothing by kaxixi Color In Praise of Navy by Parker In Praise of Gray by niidawg3 In Praise of Brown by TRINI Sartorialism Recent Sartorialist Looks by TRINI Recent non-Sartorialist Looks by aj_del Creepy Sartorial Images by mafoofan Maintenance **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** by Mr. Moo shoe care supply checklist by aybojs guide to touching up your suit without wrecking it Where to Buy The official thrift/discount store bragging thread by j Crane's Country Store - affiliate thread by LA Guy Buying and Selling Recent Purchases by A Harris FS: Attolini pink cashmere unlined tie by Connemara Loose Threads! Glossary of terms/ Best posts/ FAQ/ Links by j Get Foofed by mafoofan Things that you know are "inferior" but still prefer by gdl203 Most Ridiculous Nit Ever Picked On Style Forum by Manton (Reef knot vs. Granny knot on footwear) The Mr. Sam Gallery of Snarky Masterpieces Thread by voxsartoria Mafoofan buys a wallet at Hermes: Green cows hold their breasts by mafoofan Links to off-StyleForum sites and blogs ASK ANDY ABOUT CLOTHES "Clothes and the Man" by Alan Flusser A Suitable Wardrobe: Will's thoughts on dressing with style. The Black Tie Guide: A Gentleman's Guide to Evening Wear fit is king <~~ Use this link when searching for something on Buy and Sell or double dumbass on you!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Spoo. I just maintain it for my own use now. It's linked to my sig. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate any help you or others might offer. BTW...recognize the line and know what movie it's from?
<~~ Use this link when searching for something on Buy and Sell or "double dumbass on you!"

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No.

Far too subjective and far too much work to impose upon the moderators.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow

BTW...recognize the line and know what movie it's from?

??

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
No.

Far too subjective and far too much work to impose upon the moderators.

Will pander for your vote!

Back Pockets by GBR
icon4.gif
Added 7/03/2011

Seriously, though, GBR, thanks for the input but as I stated in bold red letters in the OP, I am no longer suggesting it for the forum. I am simply maintaining if for my own reference purposes and those who know to click on my signature for quick access to the lists. I recognize the amount of work involved by moderators although maintenance lessens dramatically once it is set up.

And yes, it has become much more subjective than I originally proposed since it is now mostly for my use. This thread only pops to the surface when I lose the ability to edit the list and have to copy it to a new post.

Originally Posted by aj_del
+1
Noted and appreciated aj!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
??
"Aw...youth is wasted on the wrong people!" <~~~another great movie line!

Meanwhile.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Minarchist

Reaction score
Could the OP maybe use, I dunno, some formatting or something? A couple paragraph breaks, bullet lists, etc. would be nice. Right now it reads like Faulkner. :plain:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes! I can no longer go back and edit. What a mess.

'ang on, Guv...it seems that I CAN edit!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads