• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GDJ are the initials.
I just invent stuff and wear them. A couple I wear off the top of my head: DBD = Deadbeat Dad, BAB = Be a Boss, etc.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GDJ are the initials.

in that order?

not to rain on anybody's parade (ahem @jdrizzy lol) but say somebody's name is Giant Dick Jay (lololol), i believe the convention is that a monogram goes thusly:

GJD

can any bluebloods out there confirm for a poor unheralded plebe such as me?

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys... does anyone know anything about rugs / blankets? I think maybe I might have found something good here:

This one is probably a re-pop. Seems like its crocheted, and is in perfect condition with bright whites and reds. Couldn't leave that pattern behind though... Never seen anything like this at a thrift before.

This one has me confused. I'm fairly sure its not some super rare Chief's Blanket. The weave appears to be maybe hand-loomed, with brushed / flanneled finish. The edges have like a red selvedge under the top layer, and the felling / stitching around the edges appears to be hand done.

Pretty sure they're both wool... the blue one is for sure woolen. They're both roughly like 6' - 7' long, and about 4' wide.

Takai

Reaction score
i think zippers can help but you've gotta keep in mind that if original a zipper only tells you the earliest something coulda been mfrd. i suspect lots of times when you see a talon it could be a 60s zipper on a 70s garment.

i got curious and looked up serval and i think they're more or less late 40s to late 70s, so...

if i had to date that jacket, i'd look at that style of embroidered label and call it late 60s or early 70s. $.02
+1 Late 60s early 70s based on zip style, and cut of the jacket.

Chotii

Reaction score

This one has me confused. I'm fairly sure its not some super rare Chief's Blanket. The weave appears to be maybe hand-loomed, with brushed / flanneled finish. The edges have like a red selvedge under the top layer, and the felling / stitching around the edges appears to be hand done.

Pretty sure they're both wool... the blue one is for sure woolen. They're both roughly like 6' - 7' long, and about 4' wide.

Are there any tag remnants anywhere? I'm afraid my experience with vintage wool blankets is that they were widely made both in the US and elsewhere. No tag? Not easy to identify a manufacturer that's been gone for maybe decades. They tended to be heavy, shaggy to hold in warmth, and ubiquitous, because EVERYBODY got cold and NOBODY had a furnace to heat the whole house until really quite recently. Even if you find a tag, there may be little enough on the web to learn. If there is any wool felt on the raw-edge ends, that would help narrow it down.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No tags, no makers marks, no symbols. No felt edging. I don't really feel like these were made in any factory or on professional machines.

Chotii

Reaction score
I wish I could examine the blue blanket more closely, but because I'm curious and I love woolen things, and not because I actually am any sort of expert. I've been able to identify a few vintage blankets I've found by way of tattered remnants of tags, but not without any at all. The red and black one seems like it might be intended as a rug?

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been out the game a few weeks. Moving into the office then got real sick, today was my first day out in a while so I made a couple stops.

Some decent ties. The Pink is NWOT made in England by Charles Hill and the Kenzo Homme is crazy iridescent.

John Varvatos Chukka boots made in Italy w/ nailed heels, Broken Homme Boots w/ Vibram sole (These are pretty nice)...(and they're on a plastic bag you can't see).

Wild Coast shirt. Skeet.

Lanvin Cashmere long sleeve polo.

Brioni Super 150s slacks

A surprisingly nice Hugo Boss peacoat

Piatelli suit w/ Reda Super 130s wool

Dries Van Noten suit

Older Ermenegildo Zegna High Performance suit

Newer Ermenegildo Zegna navy blue pinstripe suit

Current Ermenegildo Zegna Charcoal pinsripe suit.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No tags, no makers marks, no symbols. No felt edging. I don't really feel like these were made in any factory or on professional machines.

they look homebrew. native motifs but not actual indian blankets.

re the blue one: traditional indian blankets have a selvedge (as yours does) but it's more complicated than what you show: there's often a plaited braid that is sort of "smuggled" very tightly into the woven fabric. and the end of the weaving isn't serged like yours is. the big difference is that a true native blanket is done on a navajo loom. very simple, very rustic machine, and not really cut out for this kind of pattern. this is likely done on a home loom but not an actual navajo loom. plus indian blankets aren't felted or napped.

re the red one: not a rug. looks like crochet as you say. crocheted wool wouldn't stand up to actual rug duty. i'm guessing it's a throw. these navajo/zapotec/etc designs have been used in knitting/crochet manuals for a loooong time.

i assume these are from the same donor, but could be decades apart. it always makes me wistful and sorta sad to see homebrew in thrifts.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been out the game a few weeks. Moving into the office then got real sick, today was my first day out in a while so I made a couple stops.

Some decent ties. The Pink is NWOT made in England by Charles Hill and the Kenzo Homme is crazy iridescent.

John Varvatos Chukka boots made in Italy w/ nailed heels, Broken Homme Boots w/ Vibram sole (These are pretty nice)...(and they're on a plastic bag you can't see).

Wild Coast shirt. Skeet.

Lanvin Cashmere long sleeve polo.

Brioni Super 150s slacks

A surprisingly nice Hugo Boss peacoat

Piatelli suit w/ Reda Super 130s wool

Dries Van Noten suit

Older Ermenegildo Zegna High Performance suit

Newer Ermenegildo Zegna navy blue pinstripe suit

Current Ermenegildo Zegna Charcoal pinsripe suit.

Dat Lanvin doe.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's sorta what I figured.... Neither has the "weave" of really authentic blankets / rugs. I plan on just tossing the Bright colored one onto the back of my couch. It has a really nice appearance, and will add to the overall "look" that I'm trying to accumulate at home. The Blue one was a gamble so I actually left it at the store hoping to return for it, if it was worth anything.

Of course I like finding nice Pendleton, Faribault, etc textiles... but these home-brewed items are nice as well. First time seeing anything with that sorta "Navajo" pattern, so that was instakop for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads