• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJGent87

Reaction score
OK here goes, I haven't figured out what I'm doing with these. I still have to figure which RRL I'm keeping NWOT's (Store donation) on the black; the blue is used.

Fits me which means about a sz M

I hope this is real, fit's like a 40L

N/A

Last edited:

Brantley11

Reaction score
Guys I need some help figuring out how old this jacket is.

Californian by California Sportwear Company

Doe Skin

Size 36

Serval Zipper

Wool Knit

Chotii

Reaction score
Kill yourself.

No, but seriously, I haven't figured out how to do it without ******* up the shirt a bit. Basically it will leave a rough patch on the shirt.

If it can be done, I haven't found a way. The embroidery needle invariably breaks threads when it makes so many stitches so close together. That won't matter provided the embroidered thing remains, because it holds the fabric together. Take the embroidery out, and even if you don't do *more* damage trying to cut through all those tiny stitches, it exposes the damage caused by the process itself. :/

I removed extensive embroidered decorations from an eyelash sweater, but those eyelashes hid the damage. And it was only for a costume anyway.

sashae

Reaction score
Canali staple grey suit:
21425930010_d10192c874_b.jpg

20991144924_9cf442c5df_b.jpg

Faconnable / Loro Piana Storm System cash/wool N/A
21602571622_d06544c761_b.jpg

21427028619_030fd4eefc_b.jpg

Dries van Noten suit
21426116768_e29b2944b4_b.jpg

21587764046_607dbea224_b.jpg

Engineered Garments FWK women's cotton jacket.
21622855091_a3415c5994_b.jpg

Coupla basics (BB merino cardigan, golden tan Polo wool twill.) Stuff that fits and looks good makes me happy, even when it's not a huge score.
21425930520_24cf3d6bd8_b.jpg

Last edited:

TJGent87

Reaction score
Nice finds dude, that DVN suit looks good would you say it measures about a sz 40-42L as well I think it's the same donor as my SC. That Jacket is really nice usually I pass on Fac but def would've picked that up. I'm happy we both got great items today.

Brantley11

Reaction score

No worries - she's over 18 - have at it.

Is there a union tag anywhere - inside a pocket perchance? 

No sign of a union tab. I looked for it on the side seams, in the pockets and everywhere it usually is. I have found a few example on line with a similar label, but those have talon zippers. I also couldn't find anything on dating Serval Zippers.

sashae

Reaction score

Nice finds dude, that DVN suit looks good would you say it measures about a sz 40-42L as well I think it's the same donor as my SC. That Jacket is really nice usually I pass on Fac but def would've picked that up. I'm happy we both got great items today.

Yep that'd be my guess size-wise, 40-42. Same to you! That Prada SC is fantastic!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No sign of a union tab. I looked for it on the side seams, in the pockets and everywhere it usually is. I have found a few example on line with a similar label, but those have talon zippers. I also couldn't find anything on dating Serval Zippers.

i think zippers can help but you've gotta keep in mind that if original a zipper only tells you the earliest something coulda been mfrd. i suspect lots of times when you see a talon it could be a 60s zipper on a 70s garment.

i got curious and looked up serval and i think they're more or less late 40s to late 70s, so...

if i had to date that jacket, i'd look at that style of embroidered label and call it late 60s or early 70s. $.02

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think zippers can help but you've gotta keep in mind that if original a zipper only tells you the earliest something coulda been mfrd. i suspect lots of times when you see a talon it could be a 60s zipper on a 70s garment.
+1

Somewhat case in point....

We know the last UCWA Union Tag was in use from 1962 to 1976 with the later years being in black lettering.

But,

I found this suit on Friday.

Dated 5 years after the 1976 cutoff.

I've found one in the past that was dated 1986, but I lost those pics.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Recent record pick ups - A bunch of deadstock, private press loner folk/psych LP's all supposedly written by the same mysterious artist under different monikers. From top left-right: Arian Sample, Tommy Roundtree - 'Jungle Blood,' Life Lives, Snake & Remus, Terry - 'Rojvi' x2, Boots, & a test press of Jim Collins 'Music Performed by the High Mass.' L-R: Atlanta Rhythm Section - A Rock and Roll Alternative (prob should have passed on this one), Silver Apples - Contact (promo copy on Kapp), Le Pamplemousse - Le Spank, The Fool - S/T, The Tiffany Shade - S/T, Cold Blood - S/T, Head East - Gettin Lucky, Snow - S/T, and Lee Hazlewood - Trouble is a Lonesome Town.
:slayer: Nice haul! Several of those are still on my want list. The Tiffany Shade is up there on my list. Mainstream put out some killer psych stuff in the late 60's. Interested to hear what that first batch of private press LPs sound like. 70's?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads