• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official SF eBay Black List

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really should. Let me wait for the certified letter to come in from the guy who CC's his lawyer on every response he makes to me about a suit that doesn't fit him.
Im not kidding.

The good thing is that the buyer's lawyer will be charging him for every e-mail that he needs to read. If you are really bored, you may want to drag this out as long as possible.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't you send his message to ebay and prove you sent the pants? Shouldn't he be liable for getting the pants back to you?

eBay can see all eBay messages related to a dispute and does know that he received the pants.

The eBay representative I called said that he doesn't have to but will as a "one time courtesy" and as a "learning experience" refund my fees on that sale. I was not given a refund of PayPal fees however.

This means that you can sell something on eBay, have the buyer get a refund of purchase and shipping, admit that they got the item, and still lose the refund and the item and pay eBay/PayPal fees.

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eBay can see all eBay messages related to a dispute and does know that he received the pants.
The eBay representative I called said that he doesn't have to but will as a "one time courtesy" and as a "learning experience" refund my fees on that sale. I was not given a refund of PayPal fees however.
This means that you can sell something on eBay, have the buyer get a refund of purchase and shipping, admit that they got the item, and still lose the refund and the item and pay eBay/PayPal fees.

Ugh, I am so disenchanted with ebay/paypal. I do not like the new B/S, but I will use it whenever I can. I prefer using personal payments whenever possible. Sure it saves the seller money, but mostly I am sick of the high paypal fees. :laugh:

This "one time courtesy" seems more like fixing the mistake they made.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ugh, I am so disenchanted with ebay/paypal. I do not like the new B/S, but I will use it whenever I can. I prefer using personal payments whenever possible. Sure it saves the seller money, but mostly I am sick of the high paypal fees. :laugh:
This "one time courtesy" seems more like fixing the mistake they made.

So get this.

I listed this shirt as a dress shirt on eBay. The alternative is to list it as a casual shirt.

Buyer has filed a dispute because he says it's not a dress shirt, it's a sport shirt. He says the buttons are thinner and the gusset is not white fabric and the collar is different compared to his shirt. I guess he's blind because I provided the following photos. Or am I insane?

ADBFml.jpg
EE1r7l.jpg
Hz5QJl.jpg
0emqhl.jpg
7027Ll.jpg
gC1I6l.jpg
efA9kl.jpg

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So get this.
I listed this shirt as a dress shirt on eBay. The alternative is to list it as a casual shirt.
Buyer has filed a dispute because he says it's not a dress shirt, it's a sport shirt. He says the buttons are thinner and the gusset is not white fabric and the collar is different compared to his shirt. I guess he's blind because I provided the following photos. Or am I insane?

You will win.

amadar

Reaction score
You are not insane, that is a dress shirt. IME, sport shirts will not be tagged with a neck size but rather be tagged S,M,L, etc.

That being said, it matters not in the land of Ebay. The buyer is stating he received something other than what he was expecting, therefore he wins. In these situations, be nice to the buyer, accept a return/issue a refund, and move on. Arguing with the buyer will never get you anywhere, and will most often just lead to a neg. Just my 2 cents.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
You are not insane, that is a dress shirt. IME, sport shirts will not be tagged with a neck size but rather be tagged S,M,L, etc.
+1 That is actually a dress shirt denoted by the tagged size. This one I think you will actually win, as the item is described and pictures. He's not saying he got something other then the pictures, possibly listed in the wrong category (which it is not).

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 That is actually a dress shirt denoted by the tagged size. This one I think you will actually win, as the item is described and pictures. He's not saying he got something other then the pictures, possibly listed in the wrong category (which it is not).

x2 I really hope you win! Let us know how it goes. Does he expect ebay to believe he did not look at the pictures? :confused:

I love ebay international buyers complaining about high shipping costs... "Just put the tie in an envelope and send it . I think it's much cheaper ." yea OK..just going to toss it in an envelope to Greece. I'm sure it wont get "lost"

Considering how many complaints I hear about international buyers/international shipping services, its amazing people still ship overseas (I will add I have shipped to Australia and the UK before without any problems)

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eBay's decision: no refund.

The buyer left me positive feedback with good comments. I think it's best for me to not leave feedback. Or I could leave the positive and just say "fast payment, thanks" which is true.

My standard comment is "smooth transaction. great eBayer. thank you very much." but this was an ordeal and I don't think he's a good eBayer. He's better off shopping retail.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The buyer left me positive feedback with good comments. I think it's best for me to not leave feedback. Or I could leave the positive and just say "fast payment, thanks" which is true.
My standard comment is "smooth transaction. great eBayer. thank you very much." but this was an ordeal and I don't think he's a good eBayer. He's better off shopping retail.
Suggestions?

:slayer:

Hmm glad he left you positive feedback (I am surprised by it though)

Is he a new ebayer?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Suggestions?

Nice to hear ebay sided with you. I had a feeling they would. I've had a few cases one in my favor when that kind of stuff happens. It's like "look at the damn pictures people!" Surprised he left + feedback but yea I would just say something like you suggest. "Quick Payment"

On the note of international shipping... I have never had a problem with anything getting lost. I use USPS 1st class registered mail (costs a small fortune), but I have high international prices and if the buyer dosnt like that he can go somewhere else and buy it. $30-$40 to ship a tie to Greece...yup it's going to actually cost me close to that much. Plus now I have to pay stupid ebay fees on the shipping costs also!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads