1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official SF eBay Black List

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Brianpore, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Over the past few weeks there has been a lot of discussion in the Official thrift/discount store bragging thread about creating a space on Styleforum where the members who do a lot of eBay buying and selling can create a collection of eBay user ID's of scammers, cheats, scoundrels or just other wise crappy eBay's who other members should be aware of and could add to there personal eBay user to ID Blocked Bidder/Buyer List. I recently had a situation that pissed me off enough to take it upon myself to initiate a list. With a great suggestions from "ChetBakerSings" & "TheWGP" (credit where credits due), a google document spreadsheet was born. To safeguard the list so that the scammers can not google it and change their ID or erase their name, it is not password protected, but instead invite only, and only the people's gmail addresses that are in the permission list can access the document.

READ: Unfortunate IMO this list will not be open to newer SF members due not knowing them (I am very open to changing what I feel is fair to be included in the list if there is a consensus in the discussion that follows). For now though, you need to have 250 posts (relating to B&S is better) OR be a member for a least 6 months with some sort of history and quality posts. I am taking a lot of my time to try and verify each request I receive but feel that is the only way to safeguard the list in the future. If you have extenuating circumstances please feel free to contact me.

PLEASE NOTE: To be included on this list, please PM me your gmail address. If you open the link and click "Request access", I receive an email in my gmail inbox. This does me no good as I can not match a random gmail email address to a SF member ID and therefore can not determine who to add to the list. These "request" emails are automatically deleted

Click Here for "The Official SF eBay Black List"

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

3. Patek

Patek Senior member

Why does it have to be black?

1 person likes this.
  4. sm31

sm31 Senior member

Why are you locking viewing access to the document? Google Docs has three levels of permissions: viewing, commenting, and editing. It'd be more helpful, I think, to make it publicly viewable, but only editable by the people you allow.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  5. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

From the discussion I've seen there is no benefit to make it viewable to the people who don't have access to edit it. If everyone can view it then the scammers, cheats, etc on eBay can view it and change their user ID's and/or make other ones to scam. The point is to have a document that is as "hidden" as possible and kept within the trusted SF community. If there is a large consensus from long time members to change the permissions then I have no problem doing that, but I think less is more in this circumstance.

6. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  7. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Oh stop your moaning LOL I just updated the initial post to give you props for the idea also.[​IMG]

8. grendel

grendel Senior member

Well, I'd like to suggest you open it up to newer people too. Everyone had to start with a zero post count at some point. My ebay ID is grendelg001 so you can see I'm not scamming anyone, and I've traded with AndroFan twice now with no troubles.

9. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Added my list of bad eBay buyers. :D

11. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Got about 20 SF members participating so far and 270 "bad" eBay user ID's.

Also, please please please do not just send me a gmail "Request access" email. I've had about 15 of them already and they get ignored. If you want to contribute please PM me your gmail address.

12. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Close to 30 SF members now. PM me to gain access to list and contribute.

13. grendel

grendel Senior member

Added another... Hope everyone is adding their new ones

14. theyare

theyare Senior member

15. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

16. Gerry

Gerry Senior member

+1

Can save people a lot of money not to mention the time and hassel.

17. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Almost 300 strong now... Anyone care to help [​IMG]

18. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Though I understand your passion for exposing a seller or buyer that was unfair to you, I am not sure this thread or your Google document is a good idea. Your business with a buyer or seller on Ebay goes through Ebay and PayPal. As they have their own policies for rectifying discrepencies, you agree to their terms by using their services. Taking matters outside that environment may prove foolhardy. It may also breech some law or policy somewhere and give ground for those buyers/sellers to pursue legal action against you. Would this constitute a case of libel? I don't know. Also, have you checked with the Styleforum Admins and received permission to use their forum as a platform for your personal Ebay squabbles? It would be prudent to learn the legal ramifications of such an idea before pursuing it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  19. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Long story short - don't ship valuables by First Class International on eBay.

It's not tracked to delivery and the buyer will win a case against you every single time.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  20. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Yep, I've some close calls with situations like that. Since then, I only ship Priority Mail Intl. Gets there within 7-10 business days. None of this "getting hung up in customs for 1 month" nonsense.

With that said, I only ship to the US, Canada and Japan these days.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012