1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official SF eBay Black List

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Brianpore, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

I only ship 1st class to SF members if they ask to save the $$$....and never had an issue. As Nataku said, only Priority International with ebay aka Tracking!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Just to clarify, I don't think there is any actual tracking on Intl shipments AFAIK (maybe on Express?). There is a Customs Form # which allows you to see if it's been processed. From what I've heard, once it leaves the US border, it's out of our hands and there is no actual way to track it like a tracking # in the US would. Something of note, though. The new, small customs forms used for Priority small flat rate and First Class Intl now has a detachable portion that is given back to you as proof of shipment. It's stamped at the post office and has your name/address and well as the recipient's. It also has a customs form #.

3. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Yeah, the customs form # on Priority seems pretty good about tracking all the way to local delivery so I think it's a fairly safe option. A recent package shows

DELIVERED ABROAD
    Feb-08-12, 19:25 PM, JAPAN
    Customs clearance processing complete
    Feb-07-12, 13:35 PM
    Customs Clearance
    Feb-07-12, 09:00 AM
    Processed Through Sort Facility
    Feb-06-12, 15:46 PM
    Processed Through Sort Facility
    Feb-03-12, 16:13 PM, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
    Arrived at Sort Facility
    Feb-03-12, 16:08 PM, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
    Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    Feb-01-12, 22:46 PM
    Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    Feb-01-12, 21:31 PM

Customs form # on First Class has been hit or miss, mostly miss.
    The customs form # and the stamped proof of shipment that you mention will do you no good with eBay so lesson learned for me.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I know that feeling all too well. Sorry man. Only priority under $250, or express over $250 on eBay - NO exceptions.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  5. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Why express over $250...whats the difference (besides for shipping time) between express and priority with signature confirmation when shipping international?

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Well, theres no signature confirmation for priority for printing online.

7. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Wow - cool! Definitely did not know that. I already feel a little more at ease shipping out of the country,

8. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

:teach: It was a cheap refresher lesson. $135.

Yup, most recently for Switzerland, briefly

DELIVERED ABROAD
    Feb-24-12, 14:30 PM, SWITZERLAND
    Dispatched to Sort Facility
    Feb-16-12, 19:47 PM

Earlier when I said First Class customs # is hit or miss I meant that you would enter that number into the destination country's postal site and sometimes you get information (learned this from a certain spaghetti aficionado on SF).

It used to work but I just tried with Canada, Deutsche, Thailand, Singapore, Sweden, Ireland Posts and nothing. Gotta go at least Priority International to get any information outside the US.

9. ddonicht

ddonicht Senior member

My wife had the same problem with an ebay buyer from Ireland. He filed a claim on Paypal about not receiving the statue she sent prior to it even having cleared customs. It was even before ebay would allow him to file the claim. After customs we couldn't track it so Paypal gave him the money back and we never heard about the statue again. It didn't even matter that we had documentation that he had lied about some dates, Paypal/Ebay didn't care.

It makes me think this is the latest scam. That some people are intentionally milking the system knowing full well that it is in the buyer's favor and against at least Irish buyers, there is very little recourse for the seller. In my wife's case she was so upset by it that she will no longer use Ebay or Paypal. So sellers, in areas where there is no protection for you, don't be bullied into using a cheaper shipping method.

1 person likes this.
  10. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

ill add do not ship to apo, ive gotten screwed 3 times

11. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

How?

12. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

it gets lost at the army base,I dont know why but once it reaches the base either its not delivered "officially" so ppl can screw you or it gets lost , i do not send there anymore,

13. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Sold this Paul Stuart polo for a measly $5 last week. Buyer never paid. Opened a case today and the buyer replied with:

" Hi, I would like to cancel this purchase. I never saw the bit about 4-5 years old. In my mind "recent" is this year, yesterday. It's already not satisfactory. I can't believe you opened a dispute like this. I was considering another purchase, but NOT now. I would like a cancelation. Thanks, "

Item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15077179942...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649#ht_1320wt_1396

Member ID to block: 2511t

http://myworld.ebay.com/2511t

Seriously?! :brick:: :facepalm:

14. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

^ Would you like some cheese with that whine? He's got a 99.1% rating. I'd do business with him.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  15. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Have fun. Ratings don't mean anything anymore because sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback.

16. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

That guy sounds like an ass. If you buy the item, you pay for it.

17. MyOtherLife

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that.

18. JustDucky

JustDucky Member

It's supposedly to protect buyers from retaliatory feedback but in reality it just leaves sellers out in the cold. The only way a seller has full feedback access is if the buyer doesn't pay at all. If a buyer forces the seller to open an unpaid item dispute (either by stating that they refuse to pay or by not responding) and then pays to avoid the unpaid item strike, that buyer can leave the seller negative feedback but the seller can only leave positive feedback. To make matters worse, if a buyer changes their mind and drops you a line saying that they'd appreciate it if you'd cancel their purchase you can still only leave them positive feedback and they can, if they are so inclined, leave you neutral or negative. I don't sell on ebay any more.

19. MyOtherLife

Again, interesting ^ and thank you for the clarification.

20. Bounder

Bounder Senior member

I'm not that much of an ebay user but do the TOS prevent you from using other shipping terms, like CPT? If you do that, the buyer assumes the risk of loss after you hand it over to the carrier.