1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. the best is the way the email was worded

i didn't know if that was on top of being refunded because of the phrase "would like to offer you", turns out it wasn't. they said it's not their fault, but fedex, and that they would open a claim, but that they never go anywhere so there was no possible way to be reimbursed. i called fedex after and they said that they opened a claim but haven't filed any paperwork. more importantly, when i talked to someone at patrik ervell (andrew i think his name was) he said that they had sent it to the correct address and it was fedex's fault. fedex says that it was sent to the incorrect address by patrik ervell. i don't think the fedex phone rep would care to lie to me. fucking disgusting. so basically their webstore is lying to keep from reimbursing me $177 lol

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  2. Regg

Regg Senior member

maybe I missed the beginning of the story but I guess I misread that post as "they told you the pants were out of stock and gave you store credit". Still, they should refund you if it's clear that the package never got to you. Call your credit card...

3. nah, they shipped the exchange without sending me a tracking number (which would have avoided this whole mess as i would have noticed the wrong address and changed it), to the wrong address. already contacted my cc company, but i figured i'd give them the chance to provide decent customer service after taking over a week to respond to every email i sent, dragging this process out to over a month. they just provided even worse.

oh, the "out of a pair of pants" line was the justification he used as to why he couldn't give a refund...except they still have my payment for them.

4. Well, got a refund. Not sure what did it, but I'll assume posting on Styleforum did.

5. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

I experienced a similar situation last year sale. Purchased a medium blazer coat. They sent apologized email it was stock error, suggested trying a small instead. I said no then they recommended store credits. I denied again. PE webstore seems desperate keeping customers money.

6. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

Ditto. Ordered a medium blazer coat, received a large. Never received a reply when i asked for refund.

That reminds me, should post it on B&S.

7. death shot

death shot Senior member

Damn... Hate to say it, but damn...

Side note: Fedex truly is horrific around here. I live in Baltimore and they've "lost" packages like crazy, and only really with fedex. I think they suck shit and they don't seem to be champions of accountability.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  8. death shot

death shot Senior member

Anybody want to sell their unstructured blazer? I'm a 36 in other jackets. With Ervell sizing maybe a 38 works too depending on measurements. Make that fantasy a reality.

9. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

webstore dropping its game?

alright, been out of the ervell game for a couple years now but need a few shirts. i'm a pretty true 46 / small, but i am tall (6"+). i've had smalls from ervell fit me well in the past, and others just too damn small (too narrow, too high arm-holes). i generally wear medium in his outerwear.

anyway, quick look at the measurements (are these still accurate?) tell me i should be sweet in a S button collar shirt (21.25" P2P).

the standard button down S is supposedly much slimmer (too slim for me - 18.25" P2P) but the M seems to be a massive jump up (22").

as a side note, are the ervell shirt pockets still healthily sized? pet-peeve of mine otherwise. don't like my iphone sitting half in, haha.

TIA!

edit: goddamn, the medium button collar shirts on eastdane are all listed as having ~20" P2Ps and standard button downs as ~20.5"! now i remember why this was so difficult..

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  10. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

webstore measurements are all over the place, i'd go with east dane.

11. msg

msg Senior member

Really wish the pocket bags weren't so big on the pants.

12. superego

superego Senior member

if anyones planning a purchase from the PE webshop in the near future...have a store credit for sale, hit me up

13. zzzzap

zzzzap Senior member

When does the new season hit?

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Figure I'm just gonna drop my store credit on another pocket sweater.
    How accurate are the colours online? Esp the jade? It just looks navy on my monitor, while the navy looks like 95%black, 5% navy. Is the jade much greener in person?

15. Te Ora

Te Ora Member

Glad to hear you finally got the refund!

I'm still waiting for the situation with my refund to be resolved. Spent NZ$50 to send the package back to them with tracking. It was received on January 20. Since then I've sent three emails following up to no response. I don't really know what else to do at this point. The inexplicable delay and lack of communication leaves a real bitter taste. It seriously feels like I've been fleeced out of NZ$300. Anyway, let's hope that posting on Styleforum brings about a speedy resolution in my case, too!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  16. OccultaVexillum

At this point I'm going to be pretty surprised if Ervell is still in business in the near future.
    It seems like nobody buys anything until it goes to deep discount and the way the webstore is run is a mess, I'm never ordering from them again and it sounds like a lot of people feel the same. And you can always find Ervell in stock in most sizes at high discount at 3rd party retailers as well so I can't imagine it's doing that great.
    I still like it, and I wish I could fit into more of it, I like the clean, minimalist aesthetic but this thread is basically a whole lot of criticism about customer service and sizing issues with the occasional talk of pocket sweaters (which I ordered another one of only because I had store credit).

17. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

Yup. I've stopped buying PE directly from them because of issues... it's sad that the secondary market is more reliable than buying from the official webstore. Just picked up the teal leather aviator from reedo.

18. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

yep, i moved on from ervell a good while ago no. webstore was real hit and miss for me - sometimes really helpful, other times i got donuts. of late, it's been the latter.

wonder if patrik would try and turn thing around if he saw the dissatisfaction in this thread..

19. Meis

Meis Senior member

Fwiw I've bought a bunch of stuff from the web store and never had an issue, it seems like it's mainly become an issue recently. Also, in regards to what occulta said, this is styleforum- we don't buy pretty much anything before it hits deep discounts.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  20. OccultaVexillum

That may be true for a lot of people here but if you're a 3rd party retailer and everything you buy stays on the shelves even after heavy discounts, you are not going to continue stocking that designer (the corner, east dane, working title, neighbour etc.)

1 person likes this.