• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blazer coat arrived today and I must say that I am really impressed. From what I can recall, the solid Navy feels thicker compared to the patterned navy. This is a good thing however as I will ultimately be wearing the blazer as a coat during FW. Fit of the 40 is infinitely better than the 42, even if it does now feel a little tight in the shoulders. Sleeves are also a tad long but that's a very simple fix - about half an inch or so will do it.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice

Gruntle

Reaction score
Stuff from sale season

bouds

Reaction score
How does the S in the Birdseye fit?

I'm a 38 in the unstructured blazer, fits slim. Model on Totokaleo is listed at 6-2 and he's wearing the medium, looks like a solid fit on him. Worried the small may be too tight.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does the S in the Birdseye fit?

I'm a 38 in the unstructured blazer, fits slim. Model on Totokaleo is listed at 6-2 and he's wearing the medium, looks like a solid fit on him. Worried the small may be too tight.

If you're a small in the other knits / 36 chest, the small in the birdseye should be fine. I took the same size (small) in the pocket, birdseye, and cardigan and they all fit well.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty sure that totokaelo model is actually wearing a large. a lot of times stores just write "model is wearing a medium/32" for everything and sometimes forget to change it. sometimes it's also intentional.

xdarrellx

Reaction score
Totokaelo model is almost definitely wearing at least a large. I wanted the same fit and with some guidance from @toothsomesound decided to size up on the birdseye to a large. I'm 5'10", 160, 38, wear a medium in Ervell shirting and the large birdseye fits almost spot on for the slightly slouchy look I wanted. Looks pretty similar to the Toto pics but maybe with shoulders dropped and sleeves stacked a little bit more on me. TTS would have probably looked pretty similar to the slimmer fitting pics on the Ervell store.

bouds

Reaction score
Thanks for the help fellas, I thought the same thing about the Model, there was no way that he was wearing a M.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That quilted jackets is one of the only pieces which I really did not like the look of.

As for the Blazer Coat, it says on the Totokaelo site that he's wearing the Large.

However does that mean he's wearing a 40 or 42? I've got the 40 and the model is taller than me (i'm 5'8).

Last edited:

kwonster

Reaction score
Anyone have the wool aviator that can comment on the sizing? Specifically:

Wondering if a large would be too big for me if I usually wear a size 40. Not planning on layering it over much because I am located in southern california.

Lurks

Reaction score
Anyone have the wool aviator that can comment on the sizing? Specifically
Wondering if a large would be too big for me if I usually wear a size 40. Not planning on layering it over much because I am located in southern california.

I'd say it fits at least one size big. I am usually a 38 and the M fits pretty big on me even with a sweater.

Since you're in southern cali you should be warned it is surprisingly warm. I'm sweating if I have it on inside.

Last edited:

kwonster

Reaction score

I'd say it fits at least one size big. I am usually a 38 and the M fits pretty big on me even with a sweater.

Since you're in southern cali you should be warned it is surprisingly warm. I'm sweating if I have it on inside.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like i need a medium, too bad that size is sold out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads