• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lots of rage in DC about leaving RG3 in the game. It's not like he was being effective and just risking injury either, he was awful after he tweaked his knee in the 1st and they left him in to (eventually) get hurt for real. Cousins couldn't have been any worse, so why not put him in for the second half? Maybe they just gave RG3 some of those industrial strength horse painkillers at halftime and he said he could move and they believed him. Hard to watch.

yeah, i hear that. but if he hadn't injured the knee, and instead had won the game with some nifty QBing, people would be praising the move up and down.

he wasnt unable to play, he is their prime QB, first washington playoff game in a while i think, they were hot with him, 7 wins in a row, behind in the game.....so he was left in. i think many coaches would make the same move, and try and call plays that protected him as much as possible and hope for the best.

sure, it sucks, but i dont think by definition it was a bad move when it was made. its easy to question that stuff after the fact.

and as to cousins not being any worse, look what webb did for the vikings. he was horrible. and on top of that, when the team lacks confidence in the QB, they lose spirit and its all downhill from there.

im not trying to be unsympathetic to skins fans. i totally get the rage, id be pissed as hell too. i just think the call was not so egregious, and im not surprised it was made.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that it's a bad move, but who the **** is this Cousins guy? I have my doubts they would have done much better if they had put him in. Although what I would worry about if I were a Skins fan is whether they did any permanent damage to Griffin's knee.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yeah, i hear that. but if he hadn't injured the knee, and instead had won the game with some nifty QBing, people would be praising the move up and down.
he wasnt unable to play, he is their prime QB, first washington playoff game in a while i think, they were hot with him, 7 wins in a row, behind in the game.....so he was left in. i think many coaches would make the same move, and try and call plays that protected him as much as possible and hope for the best.
sure, it sucks, but i dont think by definition it was a bad move when it was made. its easy to question that stuff after the fact.
and as to cousins not being any worse, look what webb did for the vikings. he was horrible. and on top of that, when the team lacks confidence in the QB, they lose spirit and its all downhill from there.
im not trying to be unsympathetic to skins fans. i totally get the rage, id be pissed as hell too. i just think the call was not so egregious, and im not surprised it was made.

I agree that it's a bad move, but who the **** is this Cousins guy? I have my doubts they would have done much better if they had put him in. Although what I would worry about if I were a Skins fan is whether they did any permanent damage to Griffin's knee.

I fully understand starting him (look at the 1st quarter) and letting him play the second quarter. But they should have pulled him at halftime, maybe after the 3rd at worst. He was simply ineffective out there. He was 4-10 for 16 yards after the injury in the 1st, with an INT. There's no way Cousins could have been worse, and that course wouldn't have put RG3 in more danger. It's not like they gambled on him continuing to play well and keep them in the game, they gambled with his health despite him playing terribly.

Phantoom

Reaction score
I have to agree with the Redskins fans that are pissed at Shannahan today. It was obvious to anyone with a brain that RGIII was not the best option for them to win by halftime (let alone the end of the 3rd quarter) and yet he kept him in, even calling running plays for him where he limped out of bounds. This wasn't a situation of hindsight being 20/20. We were all stunned that they kept not playing Cousins.

The most disgraceful part was the post game press conference where Shannahan made it seem like the choice wasn't in his hands, and that Griffin had "earned" the right to play hurt. What a disingenuous and, dare I say, cowardly answer. I could hear Bill Bellicheck laughing at the idea of not playing the best player all the way from Baltimore.

And to those questioning Cousins (and comparing him to Joe freaking Webb) you clearly haven't been paying attention this year Cousins has been great this year (QB rating over 100 in 48 attempts) and has thrived in situations just like this, leading two game winning drives in relief.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ray-Lewis-Final-Tunnel-Dance.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I fully understand starting him (look at the 1st quarter) and letting him play the second quarter. But they should have pulled him at halftime, maybe after the 3rd at worst. He was simply ineffective out there. He was 4-10 for 16 yards after the injury in the 1st, with an INT. There's no way Cousins could have been worse, and that course wouldn't have put RG3 in more danger. It's not like they gambled on him continuing to play well and keep them in the game, they gambled with his health despite him playing terribly.

i still hear ya man, but considering all the RG3 mania, im still not surprised he was left in the game. maybe a bad move, not sure. sucks all the same, and i really hope he is not seriously injured long term.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lollarskates

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

looks like houston squeaked by cincy. not a great sign imo. either that or cicny is a lot better than i thought.

Nope, just shaking out the playoff rust. Houston is making a run this year.

a LOT of fighting in that game. peeps not getting along.
--
picks for next week?
i think NE over houston
seattle over atlanta
GB over SF
and i cant call the denver bmore game, but im not feeling great about it for a number of reasons.

You think wrong. It's payback time, I don't see why everyone is picking the winners of the last , like,12 superbowls over a team that has two playoff victories in its last 10 years. wtf is with you h8ers.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got Seattle beating Atlanta, Green Bay beating San Francisco, Denver beating Bmore and New England beating Houston

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was 4/4 this weekend, so Im feeling good about those predictions

Phantoom

Reaction score
Went 3-1 against the spread last week (stupid Bengals). This week I'm probably going Seattle (+2.5) and NE (-9.5). Not sure about Denver (-8.5), but I'll probably go San Fran (-3).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads