• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
P3230094.jpg

Wrigglez

Reaction score
So my belt hadn't arrived two weeks after posting. I emailed scot who said he had accidently put clear tape over the posting barcode and it was returned to him, he's already reposted it and included a horsehide cardcase as well. Seriously, this guy is a champ, customer service is outstanding.

enarchay

Reaction score
Three questions... First, are the belts constructed in a way that it's possible to shorten them? I'm in the process of losing weight, so it'd be much easier to just have the belt shortened later rather than buying a new one. (I normally wouldn't spend cash on something like a belt if it won't fit later, but I desperately need a new belt and I think it makes more sense to spend $50 or so on a high quality belt that will last and can be shortened instead of $30 on a **** belt that will probably fall apart before it no longer fits.) Second, which color do you guys think would go best with AE's chili color? I have wingtips and loafers both in chili, so a belt in similar color would probably offer me the most versatility. Though I do like the orange color I've been seeing. Third, how do the messenger bags compare to other bags in the price range? And how would I go about having one made? I really don't know how to get specific; I just know I need a messenger bag. Any ideas on what to ask for? Oh, and could someone PM me his contact info? Thanks.

enarchay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Glueeater
Anyone contact Scott lately? Can't get him by email or PM.

I emailed him a few days ago but no response yet. I'd appreciate some input on my questions a few posts above.

Guyute

Reaction score
Scott is good people, he'll get back to you eventually. He recommends horsehide for belts, holds up better and ages nicer apparently.

enarchay

Reaction score
Guys,

I'd like to order a messenger bag from Scott, but I really have no idea what to ask for. Do you guys have any suggestions?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You could always find one you like and see if Scott can reproduce it. I stole the Tanner flap for my design
blush.gif

Wrigglez

Reaction score
My horse hide belt rocks! For messenger bags, i personaly think simple looks the best, but thats my opinion and taste, just search around and see what you like, try briggs, saddle back and other leather bag producers to get some ideas/inspiration and send the pics to Scott and see what he says.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have pictures of your aged horsehide belts? Just wondering if there's any visible difference between cow and horsehide. Also how thick is the horsehide?

Originally Posted by Guyute
Scott is good people, he'll get back to you eventually. He recommends horsehide for belts, holds up better and ages nicer apparently.

Originally Posted by Wrigglez
My horse hide belt rocks! For messenger bags, i personaly think simple looks the best, but thats my opinion and taste, just search around and see what you like, try briggs, saddle back and other leather bag producers to get some ideas/inspiration and send the pics to Scott and see what he says.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
got mine a few weeks ago so not much aging to report yet..

enarchay

Reaction score
Any thing specific I should ask for when it comes to inside the bag? Scott says the typical bag has the initial opening and one additional pocket. Wondering if there is anything else I should ask for in addition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads