• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Since there was discussion of this being made, thought I'd make it my first non-B&S thread.

Unlucky is a leatherworker out of Utah. He makes belts, wallets, accessories, and bags. He can do both "regular" items or custom orders. Cow or horsehide can be done for any item, unnatural or treated for color.

This thread will be for showcasing his work, asking/answering questions, and fawning over dead animals

I'll use this as an excuse to post pictures of my bag later tonight.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Awesome thread idea.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a belt I received from Unlucky this weekend. I didn't have any bright design ideas, but it's a very nice basic belt, and Unlucky was a pleasure to deal with - less than 10 days from order to receipt.
belt001.jpg
belt002.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Haven't ordered a belt, bags are typically $175 though (mine was and I believe someone else's was as well). He's also very good to his customers, a problem with rivets occurred on my bag and he paid for the fix as well as offered me a discount on a next purchase. The problem has also been remedied, he uses stronger copper rivets on his newer bags

reprehensible

Reaction score
I bought a wallet from unlucky about a year ago. I made some internal modifications to slim it down a bit. As it turns out, the style of wallet that I got, while made exactly like I wanted, isn't really my thing.

That's not to take anything away from the wallet. As the pictures show, it's solidly build and has aged well.

Shown as thumbnails linked to big pictures, so you can see the leather better.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend order a sick wallet from Unlucky. Dude stuff is great.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i have an unlucky belt, he does great work. super heavy cowhide.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scott was great to work with. He did a belt and a wallet for me. I'm not sure if he's changed prices since, but they were very reasonably priced. His belts are easily as nice as the Tanner belts (I have two of those) and they cost significantly less.
Wallet-1.jpg
Belt-1.jpg
We are not supposed to post contact in this thread, so feel free to PM me for his email. Edit: Finally got these re-sized. Sorry about that.

socialdtk

Reaction score
Basic black belt in horsehide:
11qr3oo.jpg

that_was_easy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
Scott was great to work with. He did a belt and a wallet for me. I'm not sure if he's changed prices since, but they were very reasonably priced. His belts are easily as nice as the Tanner belts (I have two of those) and they cost significantly less.

We are not supposed to post contact in this thread, so feel free to PM me for his email.

Edit: I re-sized these in photobucket but the links are still appearing as huge on my screen. I wonder if they are just in my computer's memory this way. Are they a reasonable size?

Sizing is fine.

Very nice to see this thread.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
Edit: I re-sized these in photobucket but the links are still appearing as huge on my screen. I wonder if they are just in my computer's memory this way. Are they a reasonable size?

Originally Posted by that_was_easy
Sizing is fine.

Very nice to see this thread.

???? My screen is 1280 pixels wide and the pictures are like triple that.

I got a black horsehide belt from him too.
It's much less bulky than my Tanner one,
But so much tougher than the UO **** I was wearing before.
I love it.

that_was_easy

Reaction score
I'm at 1024x768, but this is an office machine, which also runs an older version of IE. Most broswers will display image sizes differently also, depending on the type.

I'm negotiating a repro of the studded SC Garrison belt (as well as a more traditional light brown w/ nickel buckel) and can hardly pass the time between emails.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads