• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
One thing to note, horsehide does not play well with margarine
blush.gif

It definitely does play well with used Priority Mail boxes though.

darwin

Reaction score
how does one contact this scott cat? where can I see some samples?

looking for a belt to match my clarks yet look rugged and this dude has the style im aiming for

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's the pictures/light/camera (think I used my iPhone again lol). The bag started out a little pinkish (the cowhide, at least) but it pretty quickly turned a light tan, and it's been darkening slightly with the sun

I've been toying with the idea of asking for a thicker strap so I can swap for a quick-release buckle (the buckle I have is replaceable but the straps are too narrow to fit nicely)

socialdtk

Reaction score
Natural cowhide with brass hardware:

14ccljk.jpg

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can you guys recommend 'specs' for a belt I would like commissioned?

- I want it to match with burgundy/brown shell cordovan shoes
- I preferably would want to wear it with both jeans and trousers, so nothing super fancy or super chunky, something neutral in formality

I want to be as specific as possible when I place my order. should I be going with burgundy horsehide? oxblood dyed cowhide? what thickness? what type of buckle?

Foom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer

- I preferably would want to wear it with both jeans and trousers, so nothing super fancy or super chunky, something neutral in formality

I want to be as specific as possible when I place my order. should I be going with burgundy horsehide? oxblood dyed cowhide? what thickness? what type of buckle?

I have a horsebutt belt in oxblood from Scott, ordered about an year ago. Excellent service and great workmanship.

The oxblood color is pretty light on mine, bordering on pink. Dunno how his burgundy compares. The horsehide is a good "neutral" thickness so if you pick a normal looking buckle you should be good. Just email Scott, he's very helpful.

chomeo

Reaction score
I'm also a big fan of Scott's belt. My fixation with horse hide started a year ago with his belt! Now I'm broke!
biggrin.gif
Will definitely order again!

socialdtk

Reaction score

I would send Scott a picture of your shoes in your initial email to him. He has been very open to making custom colored belts in the past so I'm sure he'll be able to hook you up with a belt that compliments your shoes nicely.

As of two weeks ago he was offering belts in horsehide and thick cowhide. Both types of leather are very durable and will only get better with wear.

He also offers a wide variety of buckles which can be found on his photobucket profile.

enigma77

Reaction score

You don't want it to be the same color as your shoes... just something complementary, right? Also 1.25" is a pretty neutral width. I'd go for that. Your instincts re brown/burgundy seem good. Scott will ask questions if you don't specify something. I'd also recommend going for circular belt holes if you plan on wearing the belt with slacks. Scott likes belt holes, which look awesome, but I think they'd look a little weird with more formal clothing.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
new addition, comming soon to a mail box near me :-D
Bucketbelt.jpg

Wazmo

Reaction score
I am interested in having a backpack done. Is this something that people have asked him about in the past? Sorry if the question has come up. I couldn't look through all 7 pages.

Chukka Boot

Reaction score
hello!
i'd like to know how i can contact "unlucky"? do he ships to europe? maybe anyone knows, if he make a wallet looks like this one here: and how much would it cost?

nudie_wallet.jpg

mhpragematter

Reaction score
would someone kindly PM me his email. Registered on his site but not seeing a contact section

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads