• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this talk about tailors, who do you all recommend for something with a bit more structure. The soft shoulder coats are nice but I tend to look better with more structure.
Steed does their version of the A&S cut.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a poor law student, unlike you all, I will be stuck with Spier & Mackay for quite some time before I can explore what Saville Row has to offer. Though Spier & Mackay is certainly a pretty dam good brand to be stuck with!
If you're an easy fit then there are simply amazing RTW options out there.

Litigation Cures All

Reaction score
Ah conflicting opinions, I love it!

Is this just a rude request? Or is the issue more that asking a MTM factory to leave something off their standard pattern more complicated than it seems?

I don't really care about the Milanese thing.

I second Will Field. I’ve had him do hand sewn lapel buttonholes on all my suits. They look beautiful.
81094761-4A46-45D4-8788-E2D3044AE259.jpeg
77FC562B-88E3-4595-AEB6-23F10B326AA0.jpeg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid a trip to Sky Valet this morning to pick up a pair of shoes I brought in for resoling before the pandemic. I had a nice conversation with Hetom, who told me about several interesting developments. First, he’s going to stop carrying Alden, and all Alden shoes are now 20% off. He’s bringing in Paraboot, including the popular Michael model. And he’s now carrying Japanese sneakers:

7B26D1A7-DA3E-4049-A63F-48D1CAE4DBD8.jpeg

And now for the really cool development: Sky has its own line of shoes. The first model is a three-quarter Dover-esque boot with hand-stitched apron and channeled soles:
C72A702D-4A1B-4C03-87E0-BB1304B3439E.jpeg

DD3CB5BD-1687-4281-9396-FBB076AC536D.jpeg

The shoes are $850, which is a pretty good buy. I know that sounds ridiculous, but if they were Edward Green they would be several hundred dollars more. Hetom is thinking of what to do next, and is open to suggestions.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Steed but the cut for their MTM doesn’t stand up to the NMWA model. I would stick with Carrara.

I appreciate this feedback.

All this talk about tailors, who do you all recommend for something with a bit more structure. The soft shoulder coats are nice but I tend to look better with more structure.

Field for local (as stated below)
Ring Jacket Model 1 (MTO or MTM only at The Armoury)
Armoury Model 101 (tailored by St Andrew’s for The Amroury

William Field for someone local.

Yep, this.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid a trip to Sky Valet this morning to pick up a pair of shoes I brought in for resoling before the pandemic. I had a nice conversation with Hetom, who told me about several interesting developments. First, he’s going to stop carrying Alden, and all Alden shoes are now 20% off. He’s bringing in Paraboot, including the popular Michael model. And he’s now carrying Japanese sneakers:

View attachment 1599213

And now for the really cool development: Sky has its own line of shoes. The first model is a three-quarter Dover-esque boot with hand-stitched apron and channeled soles:
View attachment 1599220

View attachment 1599221

The shoes are $850, which is a pretty good buy. I know that sounds ridiculous, but if they were Edward Green they would be several hundred dollars more. Hetom is thinking of what to do next, and is open to suggestions.
I got a pair of C&J Chelsea boots from him last month. There's an Alden store just a few blocks away. Maybe it doesn't make sense for him to carry them? thanks for the update on the sneakers and Paraboot!

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1599213

View attachment 1599220

View attachment 1599221

Are they good year welted or hand welted for that $850?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they good year welted or hand welted for that $850?
I didn't ask. I assume Goodyear. Really pretty shoes in any event. Alas, I'm not in the market for any shoes, much less dress shoes.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also less keen on the super soft shoulder. This is a suit I had Ezra Paul make a couple of years back that has a more structured, slightly padded shoulder. The canvassing is still pretty light but he has heavier options. The 3-piece came to around 2k iirc.
IMG_20210213_080311_023.jpg

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1599213

View attachment 1599220

View attachment 1599221

It's weird that they decided to make their first model a leather-soled, split toe chukka. Like, who's the target audience for that style? Starting with a semi-brogue or something like that seems like it would be more broadly accessible.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's weird that they decided to make their first model a leather-soled, split toe chukka. Like, who's the target audience for that style? Starting with a semi-brogue or something like that seems like it would be more broadly accessible.
I’m curious to check them out. Not really interested in that model but maybe he will offer some other stuff.

I broke out my summer suit from Ezra Paul to wear this week when it warms up. Navy Minnis Fresco.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads