• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Studio lot Sulka Paris (but real tassel talk)

Do not get the reference. I saw The Razors Edge when I was about 8 years old outdoors
in upstate NY where my family had a summer home. It made a deep impression on me
even though I did not really understand it. The community had weekly films,
often older classics, projected on a screen in the woods . We sat slathered in mosquito
repellent and watched an occasional bat flit across the screen during the film.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do not get the reference. I saw The Razors Edge when I was about 8 years old outdoors
in upstate NY where my family had a summer home. It made a deep impression on me
even though I did not really understand it. The community had weekly films,
often older classics, projected on a screen in the woods . We sat slathered in mosquito
repellent and watched an occasional bat flit across the screen during the film.

PS:
I own a bunch of Sulka ties

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So recently Anthony Delos, the custom shoemaker I write about who is now at Berluti, contacted me to ask if I could help him get the word out about a charity raffle, Shoes for Life, that the Chambre Syndicale Nationale des Bottiers de France (the professional organization of French shoemakers) is holding. For 20 euros, you can buy a ticket to participate in the raffle, with the drawing held on the feast day of Saint Crispin (the patron saint of shoemakers) in October at the Moulin Rouge in Paris. The raffle is open to any adult anywhere in the world, with no limit on the number of tickets purchased. The grand prize is a pair of custom shoes made for the winner in Paris by one of the custom shoemakers participating in the raffle, including Berluti, Corthay or Atelier du Tranchet among others, with runner-up prizes including ready-to-wear shoes from John Lobb Paris, Berluti and Corthay. All the proceeds of the raffle will go to the Gustave Roussy Foundation, an anti-cancer foundation.

I have no commercial connection to this and nothing to gain personally from publicizing this. In fact, since I bought several tickets myself as it seems like a good cause and great prizes, the more of you who buy tickets, the lower my chances of winning. But please do check out this cause (English-language site linked below); you can also simply make a donation if you don’t want to participate in the raffle. And if this sounds like a good cause to you, please, please do spread the word too.

Shoes For Life | Solidarity raffle for the fight against cancer. (shoes-for-life.com)

DSPLV_INSTA_POSTER_ENGL.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Studio lot Sulka Paris (but real tassel talk)

BTW, I think the book had a character who had Charvet embroider his coat of arms on his underpants after getting ennobled.

I have a signing of my book coming up in Paris, October 20 from 6-7 PM at Chato Lufsen in the 7th arrondissement, for anyone who will be around. I promise no underpents talk.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i caught a bit of Bugsy (the warren beatty flick) , was surprised to see sulka feature during a whacking scene in the first 15 minutes
I too would be surprised to see Sulka feature while whacking

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads