• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Champions, Bundesliga world football threak!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reynard369
For a moment let us put aside what other teams and players do or don't do.

HOW can you possibly defend the actions of the Barcelona players, Alves and Pedro in particular, after that performance?

If you bothered to read the thread, you will know that I haven't. Anything else you need to know?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared7
Lol, no point bothering with him, he can't read properly. Hope we smash the drama queens in the final. Though it will be tough with 10 men once the ref is conned..

Thank, buddy....don't worry, I think you're just as stupid.

Can't wait to see my team raise that tainted trophy. It's gonna be awesome.

Great job, by the way, on already throwing up excuses for the Final before it even starts. It ensures that, regardless of what actually happens, you can come back here and cry about how those bad boys from Barcelona were MEAN to the ref.
laugh.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Nobody in their right mind would say but Biscuits and Pedro did were right with regards to their simulations. But I feel all that pales in comparison to the thuggish ruggish tactics of parking 11 players in front of goal and kicking Barca to bits (because the reality is they did get kicked a lot even if a few decided to dive as if shot in the face). If found a leaked copy of Jose's playbook versus Barca as adopted from his time at Inter. Some things will never change
inter_airplane.png

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whaaa?!?!? How DARE YOU!?!? Those are just Jose's BRILLIANT tactics. He totally outsmarted Pep & the Boys.
sarcasm.gif

Pinhas

Reaction score
You have to take into consideration Barca's playing style, which causes teams to constantly foul the Barcelona's players. Some of the falls may be a bit exaggerated and theatrical, but which teams does not do the same thing?!? Their constant passing and quick movements leave their opponent no choice but to foul as Barca's players are very quick.

Pepe's red card may have been harsh, but that offence is a yellow on the verge of a red; he brutally tacked Alves, studs out and that’s a red card. This equals when you take into account the rest of the game, and even the previous two classico’s during which he violently tackled anything that came in his way. Marcelo and Adebayor deserved red cards for their fouls on Bousquets and Pedro, so Pepe's sending off just made things right.

Without Iniesta, Real should have dared more and actually tried to attack; instead they played a defensive tactical game, in their home pitch in the semi final of the CL; there is no excuse for that.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Not really. Just taking part in a discussion...defending my team against the haters.

Feel free to leave if you'd like.

For a moment let us put aside what other teams and players do or don't do.

HOW can you possibly defend the actions of the Barcelona players, Alves and Pedro in particular, after that performance?

If you bothered to read the thread, you will know that I haven't. Anything else you need to know?

Errm...
confused.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pinhas
You have to take into consideration Barca's playing style, which causes teams to constantly foul the Barcelona's players. Some of the falls may be a bit exaggerated and theatrical, but which teams does not do the same thing?!? Their constant passing and quick movements leave their opponent no choice but to foul as Barca's players are very quick.
Like this ?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Oh, and Barca are the only team to play act (Nani has never done it so Rio's tweet (" If u ever see me go off on a stretcher then run back on to play i give every1 on here the green light to hit me with a #2footedtackle !") is clearly aimed at those Spanish flakes) and Barca are the only team to swarm the refs
sport-graphics-2007_714998a.jpg
Karl-Henry-001.jpg
protest.jpg
GYI0062948319_crop_450x500.jpg
ChelseaRefES_468x388.jpg
andy-durso.jpg
1241698357_ballack-chasing-referee.gif

Jared7

Reaction score
Thank, buddy....don't worry, I think you're just as stupid.

I'm not stupid. However credit to you for not denying the fact that you are.

Can't wait to see my team raise that tainted trophy. It's gonna be awesome

Ugh, your arrogance. Besides it's a big trophy, not sure the little girls will be able to lift it.

Great job, by the way, on already throwing up excuses for the Final before it even starts. It ensures that, regardless of what actually happens, you can come back here and cry about how those bad boys from Barcelona were MEAN to the ref.
laugh.gif

I hope we show that you can win the trophy by playing football rather than the cheating and play-acting that Barca employ. Whether you like it or not, your team now have a reputation, so we all know what to expect. Any 50-50 challenge or slight contact and the ref will be crowded and the fake reactions will then influence the decision. These aren't excuses, but FACTS based on your teams past conduct. Imagine a Busquets 50-50 challenge with Vidic... haha the little cheat might actually have something to cry about this time.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope we show that you can win the trophy by playing football rather than the cheating and play-acting that Barca employ.
Didn't work in 09, what makes you think this time will be any different. They advanced in 08 because SAF was smart enough to use Jose's tactics referenced above.
Whether you like it or not, your team now have a reputation, so we all know what to expect.
uh, shur.
laugh.gif
I'll make sure to pass along the memo that Jared thinks they have a reputation.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Please...keep it coming, brotha. You're good.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, your arrogance. Besides it's a big trophy, not sure the little girls will be able to lift it.

They've been working out, son...

barcelona-champions-league.jpg

935114_w2.jpg

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
It would appear this Barcelona match against Madrid has created quite the uproar. I've noticed three things:

1. jealousy
2. revenge
3. unfamiliarity

They are jealous of success, success breeds these feelings of animosity.

They feel wronged at having been put to the sword by a Barça team in the past and thus want to exact some form of revenge by nitpicking any misstep the club or one of its players takes.

They don't watch Barça play except for massive Champions League or La Liga matches (ties into success/jealousy) and thus only get a small picture of what the club is really about. There is very little rational thought and mostly cherry-picking of evidence and willful dismissal of facts going on to promote some anti-Barça agenda; when this happens you can no longer reason with someone.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HOW can you possibly defend the actions of the RM players,
Arbelao, Sergio Ramos and Marcello
, after that performance?
seriously???

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
It would appear this Barcelona match against Madrid has created quite the uproar. I've noticed three things:

1. jealousy
2. revenge
3. unfamiliarity

They are jealous of success, success breeds these feelings of animosity.

They feel wronged at having been put to the sword by a Barça team in the past and thus want to exact some form of revenge by nitpicking any misstep the club or one of its players takes.

They don't watch Barça play except for massive Champions League or La Liga matches (ties into success/jealousy) and thus only get a small picture of what the club is really about. There is very little rational thought and mostly cherry-picking of evidence and willful dismissal of facts going on to promote some anti-Barça agenda; when this happens you can no longer reason with someone.

Exactly. Well said.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads