• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

deanandrewj

Reaction score
Love the idea of including the Spotify playlist that corresponds to the theme of the post. I feel like I always have certain kind of music in mind when thinking of the emotional connections to certain kinds of clothes. Really cool, some great tunes included on the Ranch playlist.

Any other Roper boot suggestions? I’ll probably never be able to go full cowboy boot but like the idea of something other than service boots to pair with something like a Cowichan or RRL cardigan over a chambray or flannel shirt and some jeans.

Last edited:

karmaguy

Reaction score
Somewhat tangential but if you like the soundtrack Derek provided on the new post, I’d req the great documentary “heartworn highways” which covers some of the “outlaw country” movement in the 70s

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can’t leave out McCabe
0C4B98AA-4424-46E1-B0A4-7CF82D6AD68A.jpeg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A local wrangler took me horseback riding last week. His cowboy hat was a 70's style trucker brim baseball cap with a net top.

Was it made in Japan though? With a 150% markup compared to Japanese retail? And made on vintage looms rescued from the evil powers of globalization and mass production?

garigo

Reaction score
The recent PTO article on rayon really made me think about the Wythe shirt in cream. Is there even such a thing as too many white shirts?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The recent PTO article on rayon really made me think about the Wythe shirt in cream. Is there even such a thing as too many white shirts?

I'm feeling the same way. Would you wear it to the office or just casually?

garigo

Reaction score
I'm feeling the same way. Would you wear it to the office or just casually?
Definitely both, my office is very casual so pretty much no one cares about what people wear!

Also, as Derek points out, it's a great shirt all year round.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads