• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Racing Green

Reaction score
So the brands Bronson and Nonstock (which are two separate brands?) were mentioned here a while ago. I have checked out their offerings, and to me it looks like they offer well designed reproductions at surprisingly affordable prices. Anyone care to comment on the quality of their products?

I'm interested in Nonstock's ringspun cotton t shirts. How do they compare to Real McCoy's?

I have a Bronson USN chambray shirt. Quality is what you’d expect at the price- plastic buttons but the material is nice. Nowhere near McCoys as you’d expect.

asaa1000

Reaction score
Recently re-read this article and in combination with seeing Newc’s Naissance fishing jacket fit, really digging the look... any suggestions on jackets/vests this season similar to the Naissance fishing jacket, or the Kaptain Sunshine cameraman jacket (I.e. lots of pockets!)

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orvis and LL bean has fishing vests. P Johnson has a nice utility vest. The North face, stussy and carhart also has some options. Not sure how you are going to wear it, but some of the fishing vests/jackets are made for wadeing and are cut short making them look rather tacticool.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Recently re-read this article and in combination with seeing Newc’s Naissance fishing jacket fit, really digging the look... any suggestions on jackets/vests this season similar to the Naissance fishing jacket, or the Kaptain Sunshine cameraman jacket (I.e. lots of pockets!)

I think Japanese companies are usually better at reinterpreting that look so that it fits a fashion aesthetic. For whatever reason, I haven't seen that many American brands do it.

Engineered Garments is an obvious example, but their clothes aren't always fishing inspired. But they do have a lot of interesting pockets. Barbour once did a collaboration with To Ki To, and while the collab has long ended, there are a lot of Barbour x To Ki To jackets still floating around eBay.

I also regret missing out on that Naissance jacket. At the time, I figured I already have the Kaptain Sunshine jacket, which is a short jacket with lots of pockets. And I have a ton of olive green jackets. I figured I don't need a jacket that's like the KS *and* green, but ... apparently I do. Really like Newc's fits with that jacket.

asaa1000

Reaction score
I think Japanese companies are usually better at reinterpreting that look so that it fits a fashion aesthetic. For whatever reason, I haven't seen that many American brands do it.

Engineered Garments is an obvious example, but their clothes aren't always fishing inspired. But they do have a lot of interesting pockets. Barbour once did a collaboration with To Ki To, and while the collab has long ended, there are a lot of Barbour x To Ki To jackets still floating around eBay.

I also regret missing out on that Naissance jacket. At the time, I figured I already have the Kaptain Sunshine jacket, which is a short jacket with lots of pockets. And I have a ton of olive green jackets. I figured I don't need a jacket that's like the KS *and* green, but ... apparently I do. Really like Newc's fits with that jacket.
Any suggestions for Japanese brands? Other than KS and Naissance

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These, too.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 10.48.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 10.48.14 AM.png

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

There's a funky vest with lots of pockets in the latest 18East drop that I really like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads