• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

robertoditali

Reaction score
That DH jacket is so peak. Love it.

The silver boots seem to fit well with the Monroe picture in the background, very factory, i.e., warhol-esque and would maybe work in a club. Obviously, too loud for my aesthetic. My only concern is that if you're doubting them, then you might not have the feel for them. They should be something you're totally behind. Kind of reminds me of the gold DH boots.
Obviously are not an everyday boots but yes, remember also me the old DH boots and I think that with a total black look would work very fine.
I have doubt only about the size as I ordered them in 39 and 40. Size 39 is okay on the lenght but too tight here. The lame lambskin leather is very heavy. Do you think will stretch?
Size 40 are okay in that point but I am little worried that with the time will be too big.
Thank you for your opinion however.

Attachments

• FFCD9A98-E550-4726-8594-AF7DE3108D1D.jpeg
    FFCD9A98-E550-4726-8594-AF7DE3108D1D.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 7FEE261E-627F-463A-A343-A316A5B20F0B.jpeg
    7FEE261E-627F-463A-A343-A316A5B20F0B.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 225

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look awesome. Yeah, they're loud as ****, but they're hedi slimane boots...If they're too tight width-wise, going up a size can work out--but I feel like you can end up with some extra heel slippage, which is not what you want wearing boots. Ideally, I'd like to see how the 39 and a half feels, assuming they make that size.

I'm a huge fan of the gold boot looks in the in the morning collection, and recently acquired a pair of the gold Wyatt's he also put out at slp. That was my favorite collection he did there for sure. I've recently been looking back at the palladium, which I now think is underrated.

robertoditali

Reaction score
They look awesome. Yeah, they're loud as ****, but they're hedi slimane boots...If they're too tight width-wise, going up a size can work out--but I feel like you can end up with some extra heel slippage, which is not what you want wearing boots. Ideally, I'd like to see how the 39 and a half feels, assuming they make that size.

I'm a huge fan of the gold boot looks in the in the morning collection, and recently acquired a pair of the gold Wyatt's he also put out at slp. That was my favorite collection he did there for sure. I've recently been looking back at the palladium, which I now think is underrated.
I have not the slippage with the size 40 if the leather will stay firm and will not stretch but the point where the 39 is tight, in the 40 is wider so comfortable. At least I should put a leather insole on the size 40 if they will stretch.
But as I said, the leather is very heavy.
Size 39.5 was not produced of this model.

robertoditali

Reaction score
Robert, I have a jacket that probably fits similar to the ones you're trying. I snapped a couple photos a moment ago. I went with a 44, TTS for me, and I can comfortably layer this chunky cashmere SL knit underneath. The leather really grows on me.
View attachment 1876346

View attachment 1876347
Hi Sir Grotius,
as you tried it and touched with your hand, what do you think about the quality of leather? I have it at home (still on time to return) and to be honest my impression is that the leather better on the Paul Jacket as here is not very shiny, opaque and not very smooth to the touch.
Maybe in this picture (Hedi worn an old SL jacket) you can understand what I mean.
Finally do you like the seams across the shoulders?
Thank you

Attachments

• 85AE7A83-4B99-46A9-966F-7AF033DABDB4.jpeg
    85AE7A83-4B99-46A9-966F-7AF033DABDB4.jpeg
    685.9 KB · Views: 186

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't quite tell from the pic, but I'm pretty sure that's the slp leather with teh fireworks motif on the back of it.

Straszek

Reaction score
Hello. Is there big difference in quality between saint laurent surf cobain sunglasses and celine? And i don't know if case was originally red inside.
C1134AD2-DBA3-4E0D-8FAE-AEF64ABB2FEE.jpeg
2EC709AF-E91D-4F08-B85D-14B8EDB49C7C.png

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Sir Grotius,
as you tried it and touched with your hand, what do you think about the quality of leather? I have it at home (still on time to return) and to be honest my impression is that the leather better on the Paul Jacket as here is not very shiny, opaque and not very smooth to the touch.
Maybe in this picture (Hedi worn an old SL jacket) you can understand what I mean.
Finally do you like the seams across the shoulders?
Thank you
Robert it's a good question. I can't say that I am drawn to touch the leather. It's not as buttery smooth as my lambskins from Dior (moto) and SLP (trucker + L01). It's not even close. The leather is a little thinner, almost finer, but again, with that slightly crinkled effect. That said, it's a very easy jacket to wear and I do gain a few compliments from it as an aside. It's almost unfair to compare though, because it's about $1k less expensive than the aforementioned DH/SLP jackets, so I didn't expect the same level of quality. The zipper is just okay. I like that it is black but a couple times it has come open on the bottom when I'm zipping up which is just embarrassing.

yoelll

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time poster!
I heard this was the thread to post in for all Hedi related questions. I bought this suede Dior Homme 4 pocket jacket which I believe to be from AW05 for €100. The serial code is handwritten which leads me to believe that it's a sample/runway piece? I was wondering if anyone had any more info on this piece.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4818.jpeg
    IMG_4818.jpeg
    325.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4819.jpeg
    IMG_4819.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4820.jpeg
    IMG_4820.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4822.jpeg
    IMG_4822.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 163

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time poster!
I heard this was the thread to post in for all Hedi related questions. I bought this suede Dior Homme 4 pocket jacket which I believe to be from AW05 for €100. The serial code is handwritten which leads me to believe that it's a sample/runway piece? I was wondering if anyone had any more info on this piece.
Thanks!
Yeah, that tag indicates that the jacket is a sample. I typed in the code, but nothing came up in google (I think for dior and slp the numbers on samples don't correspond to the retail ones, but I'm not 100% sure on that).

At any rate, the "5h" is for 2005 winter, so if that's accurate the piece is from that collection. I love that collection, and I"m not the only person in this thread who does--but I don't know that particular piece. If you search for things like "dior 05 suede wool jacket" etc. you could probably track it down.

Also, perhaps there is one on grailed either currently or that's been sold in the past. You can search for sold items on grailed by simply checking the the "show only: sold" box. welcome to the forum.

yoelll

Reaction score
Yeah, that tag indicates that the jacket is a sample. I typed in the code, but nothing came up in google (I think for dior and slp the numbers on samples don't correspond to the retail ones, but I'm not 100% sure on that).

At any rate, the "5h" is for 2005 winter, so if that's accurate the piece is from that collection. I love that collection, and I"m not the only person in this thread who does--but I don't know that particular piece. If you search for things like "dior 05 suede wool jacket" etc. you could probably track it down.

Also, perhaps there is one on grailed either currently or that's been sold in the past. You can search for sold items on grailed by simply checking the the "show only: sold" box. welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the info!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of me loves this blazer, but I wonder if it's just too big even with some tailoring (I'm attempting to roll the sleeves a touch here and would get it shortened a touch). There's something that speaks to me about it but it is quite a departure. Fabric is beautiful in person.
IMG_2947.jpeg

IMG_2945.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads