• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Corduroy varsity jacket - Like the collar a lot and mercifully free of branding, however, I had to size down one for the SLP black/white varsity and I'm unsure there's enough differentiation to purchase two 2.5K varsity jackets.

Slim jeans in calf leather. Not sure how one can pull these off in the wild, but in a weird way, they look extremely comfortable and I can imagine myself throwing on a t and letting it go. (Disconcertingly, the Frozen song just popped in my head.)

View attachment 1710118

The corduroy jacket looks great. Will consider picking that up at some point since I was jealous whenever it was mentioned on non-US webstores. Also will consider the Jodhpurs to continue rounding out my Hedi boot collection. Wondering if Celine will continue the practice of bringing back more timeless pieces from past collections to sell alongside the trendier items. Not sure anything else from the actual Cosmic Cruiser collection currently on the US webstore caught my eye. Maybe one of the patterned shirts, but since I got the black palm trees patterned shirt from TDK more than likely I won't get anything.

I don't think slim leather denim trousers have to be that offputting to wear casually in the wild. I have a pair from Ann Demeulemeester that has a similar silhouette as those but has a higher waist and I think they are comfortable enough just to throw on. I love both wearing them out for going dancing and also just casually getting coffee with a friend. I think to pull them off casually you just replace them in an outfit you'd normally wear slim/skinny black jeans. Even the tshirt combo you mentioned sounds great to me. For me, I wore mine most recently with a Celine black nylon bomber, the Celine velour hoodie, a black nylon/wool turtleneck and the Celine chain harness camargue. I don't have a full outfit picture with the leather pants but this is what the top looked like for an idea.

B3B8A094-922C-48C8-A859-9EDF1C7D7483.jpeg

On the leather trousers, I actually really like the like these leather leggings from TKP - I think the branding at the bottom would land below the sock line. The leather is so so fine and looks so comfortable.
View attachment 1710134 View attachment 1710135

I was enamored with them too.

I keep umming and ahhing about those ^ leather leggings. The thing that ultimately puts me off though is that as far as I can discern, the knees _will_ get (irreversibly) baggy.

I never could decide if I should get those leggings and considered buying them if they would emd up on sale, but now this has me deciding against it. Especially since I'd want them for going out and dancing in.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a STRONG first fit pic. But yes, totally can see them being easier to throw on and wear than one might expect.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Oh yes! There it is. Seems absurd to think that TKP is no longer "current". Fashion is mad.

I think that all black trainer is a good move and it will sell well. And I think that sole is on the thicker side for a trainer of that style. If the branding is too much then do like the teachers at my school used to and get that permanent marker out ?

On the leather trousers, I actually really like the like these leather leggings from TKP - I think the branding at the bottom would land below the sock line. The leather is so so fine and looks so comfortable.
View attachment 1710134 View attachment 1710135

I haven't seen those before but I like them. The only problem I have with them is the following... what footwear is gonna look good with them? Tucking leggings into boots looks fine for women but I don't like it on guys. Don't think the big boots in the model pic look very good either. One of those pieces that looks good in the product picture but actually getting them in hand might be a different story. Maybe just better off with slim or skinny leather pants that fall over boots at that point for me.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my thing at all, but I could see them being popular worn in a sportswear style similar to how women wear leggings, for example with chunky trainers and a hoody / puffer jacket etc.

New collection includes nothing I want to buy. Drugstore jodhpur looks good but I don't wear heels. I have the low heel Derby and Chelsea and they're perfect so I'm glad the last hasn't completely gone because I'd like a drugstore Oxford at some point.

I like the black and cream varsity we've talked about before and the caps, but I don't think I'd wear either. Nothing else really stood out to me. Sunglasses are awful (again the womenswear options for sunglasses are 10x better than the menswear).

Over sized shirt collar leather is kind of nice if someone likes the oversized look. I like the CT02 but none of the new colours jump out. I'd buy if they did a low top in the Jordan 1 style 2 colour style, I just know from experience I find mid tops difficult to style with jeans lengths

godnose

Reaction score
regarding cosmic cruiser, seems to me there are a few vibes in there.

i want a puppy cardigan.

True, the puppy cardigan is pretty sweet. I probs wouldn't be able to wear myself, but I can appreciate it on the right person for sure.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to get tempted by the black and off white varsity. How is the sizing? I'm between 48 and 50 usually so thinking a 48 would work for me with it being oversized.

brown2190

Reaction score
I'm starting to get tempted by the black and off white varsity. How is the sizing? I'm between 48 and 50 usually so thinking a 48 would work for me with it being oversized.

I tried it on at the store the other day, I'm a 48 and felt like the 48 was spot on. 50 would have been too long.

IMG_9959.jpg

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers, if you're a 48 then that looks like it would fit me. I'm still in two minds about whether it's too bold for me though.

Looks great on Peter Utz but the details aren't showing:

-16377621223521477545785.jpg

I would prefer it in the same colours but plain like the leather sleeves one here:

Screenshot_20211128-113956.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211112-135506.png
    Screenshot_20211112-135506.png
    802.3 KB · Views: 86

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
re the puppy vibe. I thought they were great and we’ll be sure to see them everywhere.

Brown the varsity looks great on you. Agreed 48 is spot on. How was the feel of the boutique it’s been a while since I’ve been able to go in person.

Kieran those pics look great too. Lisa’s in a peak leather to me. Is that Celine? I like how the whole crew seems so sauve and chic and perfect but not overly so.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah I don't think I can. I need something more subtle. The cord varsity is nice too but I don't love it. Pretty much sold out anyway

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads