• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

rire

Reaction score
Given the type of guy Jared Leto obviously is – vain to the point where he'll post multiple videos of him with Snapchat filters on every day –, you best believe he had some work done as well as obviously having good genes.

Not to mention no one should be acting like that at 50 in the first place anyway.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Leto was forever goated in my book after his 18' Met Gala fit
insanity
738e791f075f135131735e92d0df75a7.jpg

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bruh did you just say in order to be a "bad boy" you have to accept sexual predators? that aint it
being a "bad boy" is overrated, just be your goddamn self and go live life, who cares what other people think of you. Just wear cool **** and go do cool ****, the rest is overrated

vs

Not to mention no one should be acting like that at 50 in the first place anyway.
man's really out here at 50 wearing jeans like a 17 year old

I see this as almost two sides of the spectrum of the "authenticity" argument.

<--wear whatever you want--------------------------------------------------dress your age/appropriately-->

Personally, I'm in the middle and maybe lean a bit closer to the "dress your age/appropriately" category, which is another way of saying that your clothes fit your narrative. I wouldn't say I'm the type of person who says stuff like, "only wear a leather jacket if you also ride motorcycles", but I can appreciate what those people are trying to say. A lot of people despise "posers", and I think one way to get around that is to maintain a relatively youthful complexion. This gives you a wider range of styles to wear without looking too out of place.

1614469179472.png

I'm half poking fun of bad boys and rockstars since a lot of people into Hedi's Saint Laurent aspire to that image. The amount of sexual predators in that sphere is astounding, and for those who really believe in "authenticity" should also then accept subscribing to the rockstar ethos around sexual predation as well. Taking advantage of groupies. Piling drugs on girls to get them to loosen their guard to consent towards your sexual advances. Rockstars busy doing rockstar ****.

Personally, I'm just taking advantage of the "myths" surrounding rockstars to add a little more edginess to how others perceive my clothes. I do not aspire to become a rockstar at all. I do not want to be on a stage playing music.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
This look says "I took all the lsd and now there's none left for you."
yep, king **** haha
man looks like he walked outta a video game as a max level priest

vs

I see this as almost two sides of the spectrum of the "authenticity" argument.

<--wear whatever you want--------------------------------------------------dress your age/appropriately-->

Personally, I'm in the middle and maybe lean a bit closer to the "dress your age/appropriately" category, which is another way of saying that your clothes fit your narrative. I wouldn't say I'm the type of person who says stuff like, "only wear a leather jacket if you also ride motorcycles", but I can appreciate what those people are trying to say. A lot of people despise "posers", and I think one way to get around that is to maintain a relatively youthful complexion. This gives you a wider range of styles to wear without looking too out of place.
I think you should dress however you want, that doesn't mean I'm not gonna roast people if they dress terribly on a forum dedicated to fashion. I think sagging pants that hedi often wears always looks bad. Just because you're breaking the "rules" because you know the rules, doesn't mean it looks good. The rules are there for a reason. Narratives are cool and all, but in this day and age, stereotypical subtypes and narratives are all starting to blend together.

And pushing the narrative that "rockstars have to do rockstar ****" is a very dangerous game. I don't see why you can't take the good out of the narrative (playing cool music, captivating audiences, not giving a **** about what people think of you) and leave the bad behind (sexual predators, fighting people because you're belligerently drunk, ODing, etc). Sure, if you're an actual rockstar, you're probably gonna get involved with some of the bad, just because the stress and glamour of the lifestyle, doesn't mean it's something to aspire to.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think sagging pants that hedi often wears always looks bad.
I haven't seen a front shot of Hedi with his jeans obviously sagged, so I'm reserving my judgement. Any sag I notice is all from the back. Every front shot I've seen, he wears them quite normally. I suspect his lack of an ass makes them look more saggy from the back. This model from ss13 also looks like he is sagging in this picture. But from the front shot, it looks quite normal.
1614478910686.png

1614479367151.png

Now I'm not going to say they're rocking it like ss14 runway where it is hiked so far up that you see the outline of their balls.
1614479468960.png

1614479831517.png

I think you should dress however you want, that doesn't mean I'm not gonna roast people if they dress terribly on a forum dedicated to fashion.

And pushing the narrative that "rockstars have to do rockstar ****" is a very dangerous game. I don't see why you can't take the good out of the narrative (playing cool music, captivating audiences, not giving a **** about what people think of you) and leave the bad behind (sexual predators, fighting people because you're belligerently drunk, ODing, etc). Sure, if you're an actual rockstar, you're probably gonna get involved with some of the bad, just because the stress and glamour of the lifestyle, doesn't mean it's something to aspire to.
I was making fun of your argument by showing how it is a slippery slope. The way that you police Hedi is how someone else would police you. They'll feel justified in their baseless criticisms of how you're a poser since you don't "truly" embody the rockstar life, and how it is all an elaborate dress up. They will gatekeep and tell you that you should dress more your lane.

To be honest, it is much cooler to just be who you are then to want to be a rockstar. If your own personal style coincidentally has some rockstar elements then so be it. But to feel a strong emotional connection to being a rockstar can be a weakness others will exploit and use to jab at you. Anyways, being a rockstar is overrated. Many of them suffering with antisocial personality disorders which is what allows them to live dangerously and not give a **** about what others think in the first place. Is that what you really want to emulate? I can tell you I wish I didn't have antisocial personality tendencies myself. Life would be so much easier.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I haven't seen a front shot of Hedi with his jeans obviously sagged, so I'm reserving my judgement. Any sag I notice is all from the back. Every front shot I've seen, he wears them quite normally. I suspect his lack of an ass makes them look more saggy from the back. This model from ss13 also looks like he is sagging in this picture. But from the front shot, it looks quite normal.
View attachment 1564088
View attachment 1564094

Now I'm not going to say they're rocking it like ss14 runway where it is hiked so far up that you see the outline of their balls.
View attachment 1564100

View attachment 1564102

I was making fun of your argument by showing how it is a slippery slope. The way that you police Hedi is how someone else would police you. They'll feel justified in their baseless criticisms of how you're a poser since you don't "truly" embody the rockstar life, and how it is all an elaborate dress up. They will gatekeep and tell you that you should dress more your lane.

To be honest, it is much cooler to just be who you are then to want to be a rockstar. If your own personal style coincidentally has some rockstar elements then so be it. But to feel a strong emotional connection to being a rockstar can be a weakness others will exploit and use to jab at you. Anyways, being a rockstar is overrated. Many of them suffering with antisocial personality disorders which is what allows them to live dangerously and not give a **** about what others think in the first place. Is that what you really want to emulate? I can tell you I wish I didn't have antisocial personality tendencies myself. Life would be so much easier.
the thing is I don't think hedi cares if some random 23 year old is roasting his fits on a random forum, just like I don't care if someone polices my fits. I've been roasted a thousand times before, another thousand isn't gonna stop me. If anything, it just feeds my ego more, because I love the way I dress haha, it's probably not a good thing.

And yeah, I guess it's not true sagging, but whatever's going on with his pants and the way he styles a lot of them where it looks like almost a pair of dropcrotch pants from the back looks really really bad. Maybe it's some youthful thing I never got.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the thing is I don't think hedi cares if some random 23 year old is roasting his fits on a random forum, just like I don't care if someone polices my fits. I've been roasted a thousand times before, another thousand isn't gonna stop me. If anything, it just feeds my ego more, because I love the way I dress haha, it's probably not a good thing.
I find it ironic that you would judge Hedi if you recognize how worthless other people's opinion's on your fits are to you. I applaud your ability to stick to your vision steadfastly despite the criticism. It reminds me of Instagram user bignas.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, his collection is great! And I thought I had maybe too much clothes! I'm so anal I was thinking of making a list of my Saint Laurent outerwear and rating each piece on fit, construction, etc., haha.

I'm on a similar wavelength with his aesthetic although he has me 100% beat in color diversity and shoe collection. In fact, I think I was wearing the same exact outfit SL Teddy/Celine pants as him yesterday. The pants are so killer and the Teddy makes everything more rock n' roll or fun.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I can't see his profile for some reason, as if his account is deleted. Don't think I'm blocked or anything.

Edit: I can see his profile when I'm not logged in, so I guess I am blocked? In any case I've never interacted with the man so I doubt it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics