• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Randeep

Reaction score
Anyone know when the fw21 show will be presented? According to FHCM men's will run "from Tuesday, January 19 to Sunday, January 24 2021". Is that likely to include Celine? I'm curious to see what he'll shine a spotlight on post Dancing Kid.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
I recently picked up the current collection Chelsea Jacno boots (finally) as I wasn't a fan of the earlier slimmer heel but while browsing the site I think I saw the zipped version having an even thicker heel? is this true or the Chelsea and zipped both have the same heel shape and size? Also is the toe shape identical in both?

Appreciate the help. Shopping for boots online is a tough one for me.
I'm guessing you're referring to this set of images?
1608866756460.png

The rest of the boot looks quite similar so I'll just focus on the heels.
1608867332739.png
1608867369214.png

My best guess is that the zipped version, when being photographed, was slightly tilted more to the camera. You see a sliver more of the front portion of the heel in the picture on the right. This indicates that the boot isn't perfectly showing the profile.

I remember how this would play tricks with my eyes with the ss19 Jacnos and it can look slimmer or wider depending on the angle the photo was taken.

1608867741353.png

1608867905179.png

The heel looks visually slimmer when it is perpendicular with the viewer. As the angle tilts either way, you either see more of the front of the heel or the back of the heel which makes it look more substantial. I think photographs squishes a 3D image into a 2D image so this helps tricks the eyes. However, there is a chance they might have made the post-fw19 zipped Jacno 60s have a thicker heel than the post-fw19 Chelsea Jacnos...but it feels unlikely.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1608868259935.png

1608868326684.png

I wonder if this is written by a girl or boy. I'm guessing the messier ones are written by the male SAs and the neater versions are by the female SAs. Also I'm curious if they ever considered people comparing the penmanship of the notes "written" by Peter.

Now I have to say, the design of the CT-01s and CT-02s are great. I also get why they are resorting to gifting almost every social media influencer a pair just to really push it out since Celine isn't getting the brand recognition it needs and "organic" growth is not good enough for LVMH. I can't fault Hedi since commercial success has a lot of factors and brand recognition is one of them. Only Hedi fans really know that he's at Celine. I bet a significant portion of consumers were buying Saint Laurent sneakers, not even knowing that Hedi is behind them back in the day. I think Hedi is partly to blame for his lack of recognition and hype with the more mainstream luxury consumers. He is so shy and doesn't hog the spotlight like Karl Lagerfeld does. He is stubborn and wants his designs to speak for themselves, but I do see the beauty and appreciate his approach.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lisa looking cute in her crop top and jersey suit.
1608869096922.png

Suits used to be viewed as casual attire back in the day. I wonder if jersey suits will be viewed as formal attire in the future.

1608869249844.png

Seems like they're really pushing that miniatures coffret set and fragrances. I wonder if Lisa is keeping all of this for her to re-gift to friends and family or if this is just meant for a photo shoot. I wonder if 9 is going to be the complete set and they have decided to cancel Bois Dormant and Rimbaud.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the Tournon blazer is a more fw13 grunge style
1608869771763.png

I respect how Federico stays true to his style while moving forward with time.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is a great design. Doesn't look out of place like Air Force 1s when paired with skinny jeans.

Just based on Instagram alone, I feel like more people have been gifted Z trainers than actual customers who bought and posted it on their Instagram. This doesn't include those who bought it and I couldn't find their post or don't bother posting in the first place. I doubt normal people would even consider this kind of thing and just feel confidence in the brand when they see more celebrities and influencers rocking it.

I've seen Americans, Japanese, Koreans, and Chinese people being gifted Z trainers. Did they opt out of targeting Europeans or if it isn't on Instagram.

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like it when girls wear the men's pieces. Not only do the colourful pieces suit them, but it also gives off the impression of borrowing their boyfriend's cardigan.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those cropped harness Jacno 60s look good with flares

They look pretty ugly and unbalanced as a standalone item
1608871737202.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sequined version. I can imagine it just being dazzling while walking around and light bounces off the sequins. I don't think I can imagine myself wearing any sequins personally.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fur coat and cropped flares with Pages make a lot of sense together. Too bad it feels a bit too flamboyant for my personal taste.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rocking ss20 Jacno 60s, very sexy. I think the chunkier heel makes the boots more versatile. Can wear it with flares/wider hems, skinny jeans or with cropped slim jeans. It is more toned down than the ss19 version, so some might argue that this is a con.

1608873120540.png

The Jacnos just make a lot of sense for channeling a more sophisticated image.

Side zip or Chelsea Wyatts would look fine with the look, but it would tone down the sexiness/sophistication due to the less pointy toe, and lower heel. In 2020, the Wyatts would look a bit more standard and less interesting than the Jacnos. Standard is nice too, it gives a more grounded and even more competent feeling. The Jacnos give a more suave frivolous feeling.

Last edited:

moesarhan

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're referring to this set of images?
View attachment 1523257

The rest of the boot looks quite similar so I'll just focus on the heels.
View attachment 1523274 View attachment 1523275

My best guess is that the zipped version, when being photographed, was slightly tilted more to the camera. You see a sliver more of the front portion of the heel in the picture on the right. This indicates that the boot isn't perfectly showing the profile.

I remember how this would play tricks with my eyes with the ss19 Jacnos and it can look slimmer or wider depending on the angle the photo was taken.

View attachment 1523276
View attachment 1523277

The heel looks visually slimmer when it is perpendicular with the viewer. As the angle tilts either way, you either see more of the front of the heel or the back of the heel which makes it look more substantial. I think photographs squishes a 3D image into a 2D image so this helps tricks the eyes. However, there is a chance they might have made the post-fw19 zipped Jacno 60s have a thicker heel than the post-fw19 Chelsea Jacnos...but it feels unlikely.
I think you are definitely right, been viewing pictures on Insta, Grailed.... and the ones pictured with a tilt do give an impression of a thicker heel even with the post -fw19 Chelsea model. I'm just now wondering if I should've gone for the zipped instead as it looks easier to pull off as this is my first 60mm pair : )

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to be an only side zipper kind of guy until I started really thinking about the elastic gore of the Chelsea boots. Now traditionally, the elastic gore is still quite formal, but to me I interpret the elastic gore as something that makes the boot less formal. The elastic gore of the Chelsea model breaks up the "all leather" look of the boot compared to the side zip version and feels less formal and more casual as a result. I think the elastic portion serves as a distraction to visually drag the eyes up, so less focus is on the heel height.

I do think at the end of the day it is a matter of preference since you will be the one spending most of the time with it. Life is too short to not love what you're wearing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads