• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was looking back over the Palladium collection, and found myself quite liking some of the looks. I think overall some of the color schemes are discordant, but a lot of the black stuff looks great.

Anyone have experience with teh "guitar jacket"? I was searching through the moribund SLP thread and found a few people picked it up, and found the quality quite good (they were members I don't think post anymore). I feel like this might be a rider that would work better in my wardrobe than the traditional L01 and l17. I think it looks fantastic. It is lamb.
_AIT0186.jpg
_PAB0143.jpg

SpencerA

Reaction score
Was looking back over the Palladium collection, and found myself quite liking some of the looks. I think overall some of the color schemes are discordant, but a lot of the black stuff looks great.

Anyone have experience with teh "guitar jacket"? I was searching through the moribund SLP thread and found a few people picked it up, and found the quality quite good (they were members I don't think post anymore). I feel like this might be a rider that would work better in my wardrobe than the traditional L01 and l17. I think it looks fantastic. It is lamb.
_AIT0186.jpg
_PAB0143.jpg
I was so excited for this jacket and pre-ordered it in 44, I remember the fit being terrible for me personally, it kinda felt slouchy and oversized. The leather had a nice finish, very soft and showed lots of natural character with a washed and tumbled feel. I'd probably try a 42 if I saw one for sale as I Iove the curved lapels.

Randeep

Reaction score

_PAB0143.jpg

I like the roll neck underneath. I can’t picture you wearing this (without the stuff rire mentioned being observed). Is this just another prospect in your routine sifting through the SL jacket section of grailed? I picture you looking better in the neater offerings at Celine.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More built frame rocking Monochroms pieces

The chunkier CT-01s really balance his frame. The world would be a more beautiful place if more people can be clothed by Hedi, but I accept that people would be angry at the lack of exclusivity. I just want a dystopian where Hedi is the appointed State designer. I'm not saying for everyone to be wearing the same pieces, but for Hedi to place his touch on the different genres people do wear. Already Hedi has touched on many genres that there's bound to be something for someone.

I believe in the Oscar Wilde quote where life imitates art. I feel like my approach towards wardrobe curation has been heavily influenced by films and tv shows. Those characters often have a signature look and their clothes don't vary much from scene to scene. I like that idea of signature jackets and pants, and they would mainly rotate the top. I also rotate footwear just to give them some rest between wears to help with longevity. The clothes are more of an afterthought and the focus is on the plot. The characters are just effortlessly stylish, since it is the wardrobe department that meticulously craft's each character's style and decides on the clothes. I'm just both the character and the wardrobe department, but I won't ever show the audience the amount of thought I put into it at all as I don't want to break immersion.

I've been supporting Hedi's Celine since day one but I'm questioning my commitment to SS21. There are some pieces that I like but I can't decide if I like them because they are "Celine" or if I actually like the piece. Curious to see if he'll continue the tiktok aesthetics into the next collection, and I hope that SS21 will prove to be profitable enough for the Arnaults to keep him around for a few more collections...
You're definitely not alone in your feelings and I feel like this is worth exploring. I think my framework above is partly why I've never felt the pressure to need to be a part of the newest trend or season's looks. Based on my framework, I place a heavy emphasis on having a consistent style like characters in shows and movies. It would be jarring for the character to be styled in fw20 for one scene, and then suddenly wear ss21 in the next scene. That would be such a disconnect unless the character wants to show that they're a fashionista. I believe that the clothes the character wears is a tool that helps give the audience a quick idea of the qualities the character might project. However, I do acknowledge that my framework is very limiting and I don't believe in imposing that framework onto others. I understand that some see fashion as adultery, like Hedi said on one of the interviews to highlight how he aims for his fragrances to be more timeless and constant, compared to his fashion, at Celine. I understand the framework many have for fashion includes a heavy importance on chasing the next thing, and being current, but that just never resonated with me. I believe in fitting different genres into my wardrobe so that I have enough options to take me from casual situations to black tie situations, while still maintaining consistent style elements so nothing looks very out of place. I also believe in having the flexibility to include certain pieces that might not very neatly fit into the rest of the items, but it is worth collecting because it is beautiful.

I do appreciate people who jump from season to season and rock drastically different looks on social media. They're helping support Hedi to be able to continue designing. I feel like it takes time for the project to fully blossom. It took after almost 4 years since Hedi took the reigns at Saint Laurent to formally announce the couture division, before it all got shut down as he left months after. I look forward to see how Hedi's plan for Celine will look more fully fleshed out. How will his fragrances develop? There seems to be road blocks already for his initial idea of launching 11 fragrances. Will he release a more mainstream fragrance, similar to Dior Homme, to be sold at Sephora? I was very impressed with the range of items Hedi designed at Dior Homme. I wonder how he will expand his vision for Celine.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy wearing denim culottes I think.

Depending on perspective, some might call them cropped JNCO jeans instead.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very trashy for a luxury brand, but I feel like Hedi gets away with it because it is an artist collaboration design so it becomes elevated. Would be trashy if Hedi and his team designed it, but since an established artist did it, it becomes legitimate. I acknowledge that this is very arbitrary. Perfect hoodie for health goth.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Very interesting conversations lately...would love to be sorted into Thorns archetypes one day!

Some of these "fits" found on instagram though, are truly cringe worthy... I guess money really can't buy you taste?

I've been supporting Hedi's Celine since day one but I'm questioning my commitment to SS21. There are some pieces that I like but I can't decide if I like them because they are "Celine" or if I actually like the piece. Curious to see if he'll continue the tiktok aesthetics into the next collection, and I hope that SS21 will prove to be profitable enough for the Arnaults to keep him around for a few more collections...

The only pieces I see myself liking from the mens SS21 collection are the pieces I liked from Hedi even before this collection (knitwear, skinny jeans). It's possible to like just a few items from a collection or like the entire collection even if you wouldn't wear it. I don't think the entire collection is bad, I actually think it's quite good, I just wouldn't wear much of it. I love the new womens collection on the other hand.

Another example. I love Rick Owens and I'm always interested to see what he does, but I wouldn't ever pull up in a full Rick Owens outfit.

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score

The clothes are more of an afterthought and the focus is on the plot. The characters are just effortlessly stylish, since it is the wardrobe department that meticulously craft's each character's style and decides on the clothes. I'm just both the character and the wardrobe department, but I won't ever show the audience the amount of thought I put into it at all as I don't want to break immersion.

You're definitely not alone in your feelings and I feel like this is worth exploring. I think my framework above is partly why I've never felt the pressure to need to be a part of the newest trend or season's looks. Based on my framework, I place a heavy emphasis on having a consistent style like characters in shows and movies. It would be jarring for the character to be styled in fw20 for one scene, and then suddenly wear ss21 in the next scene. That would be such a disconnect unless the character wants to show that they're a fashionista. I believe that the clothes the character wears is a tool that helps give the audience a quick idea of the qualities the character might project.

I can appreciate a _lot_ of thought must have to go into styling characters in the latest movie/HBO/netflix etc. release, in order to accurately portray somebody in a certain light, so I've often wondered what it'd be like for Hedi to be tapped to do this. I would love to see how he's given a brief for a show/characters and then styles them from the ground up. Bit silly but I remember thinking when Trixz posted the outfit with the slim jeans, the Celine white mid tops etc a few pages back how it looks "just so" and wouldn't look out of place in a tv show (Fargo?), i.e. its all well put together but doesn't detract the focus from the character.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was so excited for this jacket and pre-ordered it in 44, I remember the fit being terrible for me personally, it kinda felt slouchy and oversized. The leather had a nice finish, very soft and showed lots of natural character with a washed and tumbled feel. I'd probably try a 42 if I saw one for sale as I Iove the curved lapels.
Oh hey man, I saw your post in the SLP thread where you mentioned this. I've got some muscle on me, so I sorta doubted it would appear oversized on me, but that is definitely a worry. I found this pic that I thought did not look that good. In my opinion, you want a rider to be really slim, and I'm sure you agree. The arms here look particularly bad.
IMGP3525.jpg

IMGP3524.jpg

I like the roll neck underneath. I can’t picture you wearing this (without the stuff rire mentioned being observed). Is this just another prospect in your routine sifting through the SL jacket section of grailed? I picture you looking better in the neater offerings at Celine.
Yes, I've been rigorously going through teh second hand market for SLP leathers from Hedi's reign. The more I look through his work there the more disaffected I'm becoming with the stuff at Celine, although I really like some of it too. I think that collared aviator that Bryan posted would be straight up my alley if it fit snugly. But, in direct contradiction to this impulse, I also am tempted by an aggressive looking biker, but one at the less aggressive end of the spectrum. I like the Celine calfskin one, but I'm not seeing much love for it in this thread.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shirt collar Japan only blouson is really nice. Looking at pictures of people that look best in the Celine jackets it seems like they're sizing down to get a closer fit.

Have you considered the L01 or 17? I think we have fairly similar taste, and I'm not really a biker kind of person, but I do like them dressed up in a more classic way.

Screenshot_20201206-105918.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads