• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't stocked up tonight - 3x barrel aged Old Rasputins, 2x Dogfish Pearl Jams, a DH 120, Fort, and Ta Henket, 2x Victory Dark Intrigue, anOmmegang Seduction, and a few others.

Last edited:

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Duly noted.
Since it clocks in at 3.00% abv, so I'll make sure to buy four of them if I ever run across them.

Its a Berliner Weisse, really cool beer style. Professor Fritz Briem 1809 Berliner Weisse is also really good and not super hard to find.

svd

Reaction score

Had a Lagunitas Sucks tonight. Kind of reminded me of Pliny The Elder.

I usually HATE Lagunitas beer. But I would buy Sucks on a regular basis if it were readily available. Would replace Flower Power as my default IPA.

Did anyone try the King Henry? Was it good?

Good to hear. I've got a growler of Sucks for tonight from Bowery Whole Foods.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it's two months old, but sitll pretty good. nose is fantastic. bitterness is all but gone. i think i'd prefer fresh flower power tho. im also kind of amazed that flower power stands up well to it.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is my friend's brewery in NYC http://www.losttribesbrew.com/ has anyone tried it yet? he just called me for X-Mas and he's sending me a case but it's not available in my area. I'll be waiting patiently....

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their Tej beer sounds very scrumptious.. I'd love to try their beers out (except the light one; **** light beer).

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good to hear. I've got a growler of Sucks for tonight from Bowery Whole Foods.

If I was down near Bowery today I would totally get a growler. Lucky!!

I hope that it comes out again in 6 pack form.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Starting out - Left Hand Fade to Black vol 3 - Sort of a spicy porter/ale. Not bad but not worth buying again.

Delirium Noel - Too spicy (nutmeg/clove/christmas).

Great Divide Hibernation Ale - A very pleasant surprise. I think this could rival Anderson Valley's Winter Warmer for best winter ale

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout - Completely worthless

Red Brick - Smoked Vanilla Gorilla - Too much smoke in this.

Last edited:

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Delirium Noel - Too spicy (nutmeg/clove/christmas).

I'm finishing up a bottle of Delirium Noel right now. I'm not getting the spiciness that you describe. That may be because I love spices so something has to be really spicy for me to even notice. I thought it was a good beer, a bit bitter with a hint of caramel. One of those beers that I'd drink again, but wouldn't seek out. Just a bit above average for me. Was hoping for more since to date, Delirium Tremens is my favorite beer.

Last edited:

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried a Berliner Weisse on Christmas Eve. Maybe I'm still too much of a newcomer to sour beers--it was a bit much for me, although I did appreciate the 3% ABV quaffability. I'll stick to my Petrus and Monk's sour Flemish ale for now.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Their Tej beer sounds very scrumptious.. I'd love to try their beers out (except the light one; **** light beer).

ya I want to try that Tej as well... & +1 to **** lite beer!

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried a Berliner Weisse on Christmas Eve. Maybe I'm still too much of a newcomer to sour beers--it was a bit much for me, although I did appreciate the 3% ABV quaffability. I'll stick to my Petrus and Monk's sour Flemish ale for now.

Glad you tried it! I agree it is kind of intense, but keep drinking sours and give it another shot down the road. For the ABV, or lack thereof, I think the amount of flavor that it contains is incredible.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
whoever it was that recommended lagunitas sucks, hats off to you. that was a pretty delicious beer. top 5 best ipa i've had this year

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glad you tried it! I agree it is kind of intense, but keep drinking sours and give it another shot down the road. For the ABV, or lack thereof, I think the amount of flavor that it contains is incredible.

It certainly wasn't lacking in the flavor department. I thought the brett flavors were super interesting. Will try again after a while and see if my palate has changed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads