• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
First of all… Happy 2022 everyone! Sorry I’m a bit late. It’s been a busy two weeks.

2021 was a good year for me with Aldens. It was the year I finally became more disciplined and patient with my purchases. And, coincidentally, I started to receive notifications about rare shell orders.

The plan for 2022 is:

1) Adding one or two new pairs. I have a rare shell WT boot arriving in the summer (hopefully) and I’m leaving space in the closet for maybe another pair of boots if I get lucky at some point in 2022.

2) To sell a pair whenever I get a new pair. It’s not even the money… but perhaps an OCD type behavior. But I feel better if I keep my collection / rotation to no more than 6 - 7 pairs. 8 tops. Thus the one pair in, one pair out policy.

3) To actually wear my Aldens more in 2022! I have two great unworn pairs — including a pair of rare shell LWBs — still in their boxes from last year. I commit to wear, occasionally abuse, and then take care of both pairs as well as my other Aldens in 2022.

As for today… I’m walking around the neighborhood and running errands in my whiskey PTBs.

Take care,

AHS

View attachment 1734402

AHS, you are looking great in those Whiskey PTBs. One of my all-time favorite models! You have a great plan going on there and glad to hear that you found the happy point for your collection to be at!! I am looking forward to seeing your incoming WT Boots and look forward to seeing your exotic LWBs and the others! I totally appreciate the strategy to just simply wear them all, that is what we get them for after all! :)

Have a great 2022!

-Mike

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1729685

January: Your Alden Plans for the New Year
Gentlemen, believe it or not, but 2022 is upon us! So, I am restarting the monthly topic discussion idea and will put a valiant effort into doing a better job of keeping the momentum with this than I ended up doing last year!

To that extent, the first topic is intended to discuss your thoughts or ambitions with your shoe collection in 2022. Are you planning to buy more pairs or let go of some? Looking for particular models or open to what the Alden-verse generates. Let's share and maybe make some connections that you may not have made otherwise...

There is no rush on this, you have all month! So take the time that you need to put together your strategy! Please "Reply" to this Posting, for easier differentiation of responses to the monthly topic.

Cheers and Happy New Year!
Mike
Well, I plan to not purchase any shoes this year (if I'm a good boy...we've got plenty other things to be spending on right now!)
I've got a pair of Carmina shaved black shell boots still in the works, but that should be the only pair to arrive.

Kind of a boring post, but I know my shoe size bother @DawgPound is looking for a TB lasted #8 shell Indy on antique/commando with speed hooks in 11EE. I know he's SOL right now until Alden gets the greater than E commando soles options back online...all of mine are fine. Not sure what the problem was with the wider widths.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
04E811E8-4527-4DD6-8719-B162A4E91BC8.jpeg

jt2gt

Reaction score
Anyone know who has Indy Chukka's available in reverse chamois or other makeups?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gang, our good friend Jim is near the end of his journey. Please say a prayer as he makes his crossover. They broke the mold on this good man.

Appreciate the heads-up Matt. Thanks and condolences.

Todd V

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

These are my grant last captor cigar shell boots. Is there any remedy for the peeling toe on the commando other than resole? It’s a shame because it is otherwise in fine shape. I’m a bit of a toe dragger. I noticed my other pair is doing the same thing albeit much much less seriously.

Thanks,
Todd V

3131557A-6F3F-47E1-9C21-EC70716A96D1.jpeg

4DC08293-970A-42CE-A168-D7526C4E8848.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

These are my grant last captor cigar shell boots. Is there any remedy for the peeling toe on the commando other than resole? It’s a shame because it is otherwise in fine shape. I’m a bit of a toe dragger. I noticed my other pair is doing the same thing albeit much much less seriously.

Thanks,
Todd V

View attachment 1734927
View attachment 1734929
You could probably get a cobbler to add metal toe taps to them

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I spotted a similar issue today with my Indy boots after cleaning some salt off the soles. The Commando sole is slightly lifting from the welt where the stitching wore off. Reason for concern (i.e. recraft) or still good to go?

6CC1A04E-0E58-42F8-B85D-A4FC6E38E269.jpeg

4E38A987-BD0A-4C45-8DC4-C2780330762E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads