• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Taking a lead from the Mayor @mdubs to end 2020.

My top 9 purchases this year (no particular order, don't make me choose my favorite! Too hard!):

1. CJ Whiskey Pembroke - (CJ London store)
2. Ravello LHS - (Alden DC store)
3. Ravello NST - (Alden DC store)
4. Whiskey Tankers - (Another SF member)
5. EG Snuff Camden - (Gentlemenfootwear)
6. Cigar Dr. G's - (Ealdwine)
7. Color 8 WTB - (Ealdwine)
8. Cigar MCT - (Alden DC store)
9. Ravello CT - (Another SF member)

View attachment 1526794

V, a fantastic haul and a great foray into the Alden world right there! Congrats on your 9 excellent acquisitions! Also glad to see you get some EGs from Steve at GF! I liked visiting Steve when it was wise to do so...

Happy New Year!
Mike

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Closing out the year with the B+M Marvaments:

20201231_marvaments.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
A couple recent wears...

B+M Davis Boot
View attachment 1526792

AOC 122.
View attachment 1526793

Krebsy, those are two fantastic takes on the Cap Toe Boot. Both look exquisite and are up to the high standards that I expect from Yenni. Hope that you are wearing them in good health!

Ky, those King Gunboats are looking superb! Great looking and classic shoe that will take great care of you for many years!

And ... last footwear / outfit shot from me in 2020!!!! See you guys next year!!!
View attachment 1526813

Looking as sharp as always V, love those Dr. Jones Boots that Dr. G connected you with! Enjoy them and have a great one!

Ending the year with a bang and some Color 4. Here's to hoping everyone has a better 2021 than we did 2020.

View attachment 1526819

Vocans, your Color #4 PCTs are looking superb! I hope that 2021 is going to be a great one, but am expecting it to be several months until we start to rebound. I hope that you have a great night and enjoy your beautiful boots!

Happy last day of the year. Dark Brown Country Calf boots and moleskin, this morning. View attachment 1526832

Looking as good as always Dog in your CT Boots. Love the Brass Hardware with them and I am certain that the moleskin is keeping you nice and cozy today.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
2021 Thread.jpeg

Gentlemen, the Official Alden Thread for 2021 is live and ready for you all to begin the migration! Cheers and have a fantastic and safe holiday!

-Mike

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to thank all of those who have contributed to and enjoyed this Official Alden Thread for 2020! Sharing your pictures, stories, and advice has led me to finally join the Alden Army and I look forward to a brighter 2021 full of positivity (and more rare shell!)

Here are my 2020 pick-ups
  • Ravello Shell Wingtip Boot (B&M Make-up)
    • My first pair of Aldens that I bought on eBay
  • Color 8 Shell Wingtip Boot (TSM Make-up)
    • Pre-ordered these through TSM and due to a clerical error, received these 8-months late
  • Snuff Suede "Debonair" Wingtip Boot (B&M Make-up)
    • The combination of all eyelets, antique reverse welt, and double waterloc sole checks all the boxes for me!
PhotoGrid_Plus_1609439958388.png

PXL_20201122_203847450.jpg

PXL_20201205_190037636_2.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I wanted to thank all of those who have contributed to and enjoyed this Official Alden Thread for 2020! Sharing your pictures, stories, and advice has led me to finally join the Alden Army and I look forward to a brighter 2021 full of positivity (and more rare shell!)

• Pre-ordered these through TSM and due to a clerical error, received these 8-months late
    • The combination of all eyelets, antique reverse welt, and double waterloc sole checks all the boxes for me!
View attachment 1526935

View attachment 1526937

View attachment 1526936

Wow, holy cow those are three fantastic models. I am noticing a slight pattern of favor towards the Wingtip Boot design here somehow. :) All are amazing finds and holy cow on your Ravello Wingtip Boot with Brass Hardware. Have a great and prosperous new year!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Can I ask to ID those jeans?

Definitely, they are the Tanuki x Denimio Kusaki Selvedge Denim. Their weft is dyed with kusaki (or for non-Japanese speakers, like me, pomegranate) to give it that more unique olive-ish color hue. The warp is supposed to be only surface dyed to create a quicker and deeper fade.

Unfortunately, they were a very limited run and appear to be sold out.

-Mike

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every once in a while this thread forces me to reflect on things and I always enjoy it. Thinking about it through the shoe-game lens, what I moved was far more significant than what I acquired. Cigar LHS, ravello utips, whiskey georges and tankers, ravello ptb's......on aberdeen, and countless pairs of 8's. For the first time in a while, my collection is at a very manageable number. Everything I have will be a regular part of my rotation (if you know, I ever get outside again). And it was just time. I've got a few years left but I'm close enough to retirement that it just made sense to let some pieces go. But the topic at hand is about 2020 acquisitions, so with that, I'm going to go with my top 5. They are
  1. Ealdwine see-gaaaar Indy on Plaza. There is Cigar and then there is see-gaaaar. Man, these are simply the most perfect pair of footwear I have ever owned. Having said that, picking 3-5 was easy, choosing between 1 and 2 was tough.
  2. Ravello splits from the @JayDotz store of fine footwear.
  3. Viberg Garnett/Color 2 Service Boot. 2030 is simply my best fitting boot last and the color of these things is incredible.
  4. EG Shearling Lined Galways - easily the most comfortable pair of footwear I have ever owned, dethroning the previous champ, unlined BB 8's.
  5. Harrison Ltd Ravello Plaza Indy's - I love these but they are the twin of the Ealdwine make and my fear is that they will not get the activity such a beautiful boot merits.
  6. Whiskey chukka - only listing because they are in transit from another SF'er, @nbernie. If they were in-hand at the time of this post, they would replace the Harrison boot in the top 5.
20201231_2020Top5-1.jpg
20201231_2020Top5-2.jpg

Happy New Year Alden Fam.

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1526935

View attachment 1526937

View attachment 1526936
3 beauties!
Super late to the party but finally came home to these on the porch. Absolutely love the color.

Happy New Year

View attachment 1527007 View attachment 1527008 View attachment 1527009 View attachment 1527010
Fantastic pick up, Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedracer124