• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Carkhuff

Reaction score
Indys today
0nI9saO.jpg

Those are looking great!

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh, a hint. I saw the discussion of the Cigar Indy from AoM and immediately began to wonder what the protocol is to get on a list for them. That's a for sure member of my cigar dream team: PTB, NST, LHS, Indy.

I need to prioritize that list because obtaining all of them before my time on earth runs out is probably quite unlikely. Which leads me to my next question... can your spot on the list be passed on in your will? Would be great for my son to get a head-start if he happens to end up with the same shoe size that I have.

So, does "regular" mean a stock pair or can it be one of their other make-ups that they have in stock? I do particularly enjoy that brown CXL tanker and of course the chocolate tanker.

Regular means any of their color 8 or black cordovan offerings.

For what it's worth, I was separately e-mailing with AoM on another question and just asked about their policy for being placed on a list. Any shoe (cordovan or not) paid in full within the past 5 years will work.

On a separate note, I'm trying to decide between their natural CXL Indy and the chocotanker for my next pick-up.

Andrew Carkhuff

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I was separately e-mailing with AoM on another question and just asked about their policy for being placed on a list. Any shoe (cordovan or not) paid in full within the past 5 years will work.

On a separate note, I'm trying to decide between their natural CXL Indy and the chocotanker for my next pick-up.

Ah okay, I must’ve misunderstood what they meant from the email they sent me.

The choco-tankers would get my vote.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We are definitely sliding into heavy choco tanker season. I’ve lusted after those a while but realize they feel specifically fall/winter to me. It will remain on the list though

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are definitely sliding into heavy choco tanker season. I’ve lusted after those a while but realize they feel specifically fall/winter to me. It will remain on the list though

I was thinking the same thing. They're gorgeous but may look out of place in the warmer months which I don't think would be the case with natty Indys. The Indys seem like they would be ever so slightly more versatile as well as far as colors they could be paired with as well. Not sure I can go wrong either way, though.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well. Is a good thing it’s fall/winter then!

My thoughts are, cxl Indy’s are available and arnt going anywhere. The choco tanker is much more rare.

I wear dark brown suede a lot. Goes with everything.

Someone should run a Choco Plaza Captoe Boot, or Choco Plaza WTB. @Misterg12

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
I'm looking for a really bad weather boot. Anyone own the stock Indy in Kudu on Vibram? I have reverse chamois for rainy days, but I want something to walk through mountains of snow in.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden x Epaulet:

C24289FE-FD85-438A-A189-7456F4BA29AA.jpeg

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a really bad weather boot. Anyone own the stock Indy in Kudu on Vibram? I have reverse chamois for rainy days, but I want something to walk through mountains of snow in.
Uh, black genuine horween shell cordovan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads