• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipperoo

Reaction score
Whiskey Wednesday

IMG_20181003_104933_504.jpg

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They recently (within the last 3-6 months) got cigar Indy, whiskey tanker, and cigar tanker.
I know that AoM requires a purchase of a “regular” pair to be added to a list. Will they add you to a different list for every purchase?

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the 39701?

1D_39701__41402.1520466885.jpg

If you could share some real life pictures, that would be great. It's a nice looking boot and probably one of the few boots in plain old calfskin that I'd consider buying. Thanks!

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that AoM requires a purchase of a “regular” pair to be added to a list. Will they add you to a different list for every purchase?
Ahh, a hint. I saw the discussion of the Cigar Indy from AoM and immediately began to wonder what the protocol is to get on a list for them. That's a for sure member of my cigar dream team: PTB, NST, LHS, Indy.

I need to prioritize that list because obtaining all of them before my time on earth runs out is probably quite unlikely. Which leads me to my next question... can your spot on the list be passed on in your will? Would be great for my son to get a head-start if he happens to end up with the same shoe size that I have.

So, does "regular" mean a stock pair or can it be one of their other make-ups that they have in stock? I do particularly enjoy that brown CXL tanker and of course the chocolate tanker.

Andrew Carkhuff

Reaction score
Ahh, a hint. I saw the discussion of the Cigar Indy from AoM and immediately began to wonder what the protocol is to get on a list for them. That's a for sure member of my cigar dream team: PTB, NST, LHS, Indy.

I need to prioritize that list because obtaining all of them before my time on earth runs out is probably quite unlikely. Which leads me to my next question... can your spot on the list be passed on in your will? Would be great for my son to get a head-start if he happens to end up with the same shoe size that I have.

So, does "regular" mean a stock pair or can it be one of their other make-ups that they have in stock? I do particularly enjoy that brown CXL tanker and of course the chocolate tanker.

Regular means any of their color 8 or black cordovan offerings.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, for example, I could buy a 975 there and then get on a list? Or an exclusive black or color 8 model?

They just want you to have bought something from them before. They don't really care what it is. I'm not sure if it has to be shell or not. But they just are sick of random people calling up and asking to be put on the lists.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can get on the PTB list at SF and DC easily. DC is also doing the LHS again relatively soon, not sure about SF. AOM has done the LHS and the Indy. DC has done an Aberdeen NST, and TSM has done a Barrie, but I'm not sure if it will be offered again soon or by whom.

Andrew Carkhuff

Reaction score
So, for example, I could buy a 975 there and then get on a list? Or an exclusive black or color 8 model?

Yep you could buy either a stock 975 or an AoM custom pair. After you buy any pair of color 8 or black cordovan from them you just email them that you’re interested in joining the waitlist for exotic shell and they’ll send you a list of the makeups that they offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads