• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny812

Reaction score
I have a new pair of Whiskey SWB on Aberdeen last. I have worn twice and shoes are tight in the front of shoe. I can wear either 12d or 11.5d on Barrie last. The Aberdeen last is 12d. How long should I expect for these to break in? I took a chance on the Aberdeen and may regret it.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who have a suede tanker in Barrie ( @Misterg12 ), does the boot fit any looser or more snug than the Barrie tanker in shell? Thanks very much in advance!
I don't have shell Tankers (Ravello Tanker is my ultimate grail - would trade my Ravello WTBs for some if there's an 11.5D Barrie guy out there who really wanted WTB's...), but the shell WTB fits looser than my Choco Tankers. The Choco pair is more...fitted?...than even my leather Barrie stuff, but so soft that they're stupid degrees of comfortable (also true of my suede WTBs - the fit/feel between those is very similar). Highly recommended.

jjschube

Reaction score
4994E8C0-58F5-4F05-B5FF-401B10BB4D2F.jpeg
Christmas came earlier thanks to a tip from a fellow styleforum member. Can’t believe I got a pair.

fourdoggies

Reaction score
I have a new pair of Whiskey SWB on Aberdeen last. I have worn twice and shoes are tight in the front of shoe. I can wear either 12d or 11.5d on Barrie last. The Aberdeen last is 12d. How long should I expect for these to break in? I took a chance on the Aberdeen and may regret it.

I have yet to find an Aberdeen that fits me right because it tapers so quickly at the front...

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird question but does anyone take the same size in Barrie and Plaza?

Personally, I take a half size larger in the Plaza relative to the Barrie. I believe popular consensus is to go up a width from your Barrie size, not length, on the Plaza.

Then again I also take the same size in Barrie as I do the Grant, which is also atypical.

That said there is absolutely no substitution for trying the shoes on in person. Unless the cost is trivial, it will save you significant time and money traveling to a stockiest for a fitting compared to arm-chair guessing your size over the Internet. I’m speaking from my experience, take from it what you may.

gilby

Reaction score
I’ve tried to size down on the plaza to my Barrie size and it was just a hair to tight. I’m an 11.5d tts but in reality maybe an 11.25d. I like a snug fit so I’m always tempted to size down. I’ve tried a 10.5d in Barrie and an 11d in plaza. Both were very close to perfect, but just a touch small. Most boots would have stretched out just fine, shell doesn’t stretch and Alden calf doesn’t stretch much either. In the end after a couple grand in trials the standard TTS on plaza and 1/2 size down on Barrie suggestion held true.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have shell Tankers (Ravello Tanker is my ultimate grail - would trade my Ravello WTBs for some if there's an 11.5D Barrie guy out there who really wanted WTB's...), but the shell WTB fits looser than my Choco Tankers. The Choco pair is more...fitted?...than even my leather Barrie stuff, but so soft that they're stupid degrees of comfortable (also true of my suede WTBs - the fit/feel between those is very similar). Highly recommended.

That’s good to hear and keeps me excited for the LS choco tankers. It’s the only pre-order I’m on and really have no idea when to expect them. Feel free to post your pics anytime you feel the need

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s good to hear and keeps me excited for the LS choco tankers. It’s the only pre-order I’m on and really have no idea when to expect them. Feel free to post your pics anytime you feel the need
I'll wear 'em tomorrow...

In the meantime...
I9QUD9q.jpg

bu4OAse.jpg

2AlyyPD.jpg

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll wear 'em tomorrow...

In the meantime...
I9QUD9q.jpg

bu4OAse.jpg

2AlyyPD.jpg

Yep - still great. And since we get to sweat the details here, I feel like the reverse welt makes large enough difference that I’m cool with waiting for the LS version. I think you originally pointed that out to me over a year ago, so thanks for that!

GGMac

Reaction score

I’ll throw a curveball and say sometimes. I’m a borderline C / D with a narrow heel and have lower volume feet. Plaza in 10D is my optimal Alden fit. Barrie shoes in 9.5D fit well with thinner socks. I’ve sized up to 10D on a few pairs of Barrie boots as I wanted room for thicker socks. This works but I sometimes use a thin insert to fill the volume. 10C is likely my ideal fit in Barrie but chasing Alden models is tough enough without adding a narrow width to the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads