• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkclassic

Reaction score
I asked earlier this week but anyone able to comment on the instep of plaza compared to barrie?

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked earlier this week but anyone able to comment on the instep of plaza compared to barrie?

Fairly similar IMO. I'm very instep sensitive due to an old injury. I love both lasts, but my left instep can get pretty sore at the end of the day until the boots are broken in.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fairly similar IMO. I'm very instep sensitive due to an old injury. I love both lasts, but my left instep can get pretty sore at the end of the day until the boots are broken in.

I would say the difference is not in instep, but lower instep or vamp. Plaza is tad fitting closer to lower instep area, with Barrie has higher volume around the vamp area.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hanging out at an Esperanza concert wth Mrs. Shawnc in what is likely the crown jewel of my modest boot collection, ravello utips from our good friends at AoC......

20181207_190053.jpg
20181207_185849.jpg

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hanging out at an Esperanza concert wth Mrs. Shawnc in what is likely the crown jewel of my modest boot collection, ravello utips from our good friends at AoC......

View attachment 1085696 View attachment 1085697
:rotflmao:Love that, Mrs. Shaunc. Never thought of Mrs. RTP. My wife would probably give me the death-stare if I used that reference. Beautiful Boots!!

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say the difference is not in instep, but lower instep or vamp. Plaza is tad fitting closer to lower instep area, with Barrie has higher volume around the vamp area.

+1 exactly how it feels to me, and that’s even comparing plaza a half size larger. I’ll only add that plaza seems to hug my narrow heel slightly better.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 exactly how it feels to me, and that’s even comparing plaza a half size larger. I’ll only add that plaza seems to hug my narrow heel slightly better.

I got almost E width and A heel by trying a pair of 7.5C Modified pair.

Plaza got much noticeable arch support and smaller heel cup, but not as small as Modified or 379X.

But I was told the heel of Alden last are the same. Maybe it’s the extended stiffener of orthopaedic last.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got almost E width and A heel by trying a pair of 7.5C Modified pair.

Plaza got much noticeable arch support and smaller heel cup, but not as small as Modified or 379X.

But I was told the heel of Alden last are the same. Maybe it’s the extended stiffener of orthopaedic last.
A/E would be a hard fit!

Hmm... that's interesting that someone said that about the heels. I could see the general shape being the same, but even sizing down the TB doesn't feel like the plaza heel to me. I'd have to play with width too, maybe. Maybe it's the difference in how far they carry the heel stiffener?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads