• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Made-to-Measure Thread

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see why I can't take a jab at a guy promoting stuff from a company that again "uses Savile Row fabrics, but not the price tag" and again uses some unknown factory in Asia.
Your jab was explicitly about what it "looks like," not any complaints about marketing copy or manufacturing location.

BBSlayer

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Paying MTM $1000+ for large armholes, high buttoning stance, non existent lapels and then pushing a coupon code for discount (which usually means kickback) (he actually removed the promotion part) is why I made a comment.

If he didn't mention his discount code, I wouldn't have said ****.

Maybe that’s his budget and he looks young so probably just getting started in this …imagine being so petty as a grown ass man. Really pathetic my guy.

He posted a picture and said he had a good experience and dropped a code if anyone is interested. Who cares. Like you really went out of your way to put someone down in this community.

You could have kindly gave him some feedback and pointed him in places you think is better. But you had to put someone down who looks like they’re having a good time. Nice job 👍🏻

BBSlayer

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Your jab was explicitly about what it "looks like," not any complaints about marketing copy or manufacturing location.

Exactly. He assumed he knew all these things and had some ill intentions to trick us or something and went out of his way to be a ass to someone. Really sad to see. We all start somewhere.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe that’s his budget and he looks young so probably just getting started in this …imagine being so petty as a grown ass man. Really pathetic my guy.

He posted a picture and said he had a good experience and dropped a code if anyone is interested. Who cares. Like you really went out of your way to put someone down in this community.

You could have kindly gave him some feedback and pointed him in places you think is better. But you had to put someone down who looks like they’re having a good time. Nice job 👍🏻
You sure know my age.

All I said was "looks like men's warehouse. " Which isn't wrong. 😂

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Andrew0409

Reaction score
The damn thing is, regardless of how you feel about the denizens here and how they stack up against a Real Housewife on the biatch scale, this was not even the right time for a snarky jab, as it actually looks pretty good from here, despite OP not posing in that stiff arms-down position that we all do when photographed in tailoring.

@Andrew0409 Not to put you on the spot, but which Scabal book is that from? Most of my wardrobe came from when I lived where we had actual seasons, but since moving to California, I've been wanting to pull the trigger on something in that shade/weight/texture, for pretending like I am an Italian playboy living a life of leisure on the French Riviera who counts amongst his mistresses both Sofia Loren and Audrey Hepburn, when really I am just traveling to Long Beach CA or Tampa FL or something bleh like that, and only for work when I do.

Funny enough that’s kind of the look I’m going for. I split my time between the UK and Tuscany now that I’ve left my job and started my own business. I can’t remember which fabric book it is but I’ll let you know when I get back from Italy.

Andrew0409

Reaction score
I literally only talk about the garments. But people have to personally attack me with new accounts 🤷‍♂️

It seems I’ve offended you somehow? I’ve just shared my positive experience.

Ill admit, I literally don’t know **** about suiting. It’s one of my first MTM that I got for leisure as I no longer work in London in an office. I just wanted something fun to wear to a wedding which I did have fun in. Everyone else liked the jacket so it kind of goes to show you most people don’t really know a lot of the thing people in this community cares about. We just want to have fun with it.

However, I do not appreciate your jabs just to be an ass to me. It really does come off kind of strange to think a adult will find offense to my lack of lapels and having it made in china and think to try to put me down.

Anyways, I’m off to enjoy the country side here in Tuscany. Enjoy your sartorial collection of excellent lapels made by Henry Poole himself and I’ll enjoy my ****** arm holes. (I actually asked them to make them large enough for me to move comfortably. I’m 6’3 and 210lbs, not easy to get the right fit from my understanding if you’re athletic shaped and I did mention I needed it urgently and they would take it in a bit when I get back)

Andrew0409

Reaction score
I had this jacket made from Edit Suits. I need to get it slightly taken in (They offered but I needed it urgently but they will do it when I return). Used Scabal fabric and absolutely loved wearing it to a wedding last weekend. It also full canvas. They offer both half or full canvas.

View attachment 1816484
I’m wearing Suit supply chinos and Crockett and Jones hand grade loafers.

The pink shirt I got from them as well. I’ve gotten multiple suits and jackets from them and i found them really good value for the money in terms of MTM.

Idk if the arm holes are too big? Maybe just the way I was hanging them. I look like this so it’s usual a struggle to get my shape right.

Attachments

• E1D8EA6E-9FDE-4DE4-AE5B-0EF837B7EBCB.jpeg
    E1D8EA6E-9FDE-4DE4-AE5B-0EF837B7EBCB.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 111

garigo

Reaction score
I had this jacket made from Edit Suits. I need to get it slightly taken in (They offered but I needed it urgently but they will do it when I return). Used Scabal fabric and absolutely loved wearing it to a wedding last weekend. It also full canvas. They offer both half or full canvas.

View attachment 1816484
I’m wearing Suit supply chinos and Crockett and Jones hand grade loafers.

The pink shirt I got from them as well. I’ve gotten multiple suits and jackets from them and i found them really good value for the money in terms of MTM.
Speaking of honest feedback, I suggest you consider trousers that have a significantly higher rise. That would definitely improve the overall look!

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Idk if the arm holes are too big? Maybe just the way I was hanging them. I look like this so it’s usual a struggle to get my shape right.
Big might not be the correct term. Armhole looks low is probably what I'm thinking. Having large delts doesn't change anything.

Of course some people don't like high armholes because they just don't find it comfortable, like wearing a tie. Can ask Frank Shattuck what he thinks about high/low armholes @Toninno

garigo

Reaction score
I personally do not like high rise pants. These were however very last minute from suit supply and I haven’t had a chance to tailor them in and they’re quite loose around the waist. They are actually far too long as well, I folded them to make them work for me on the day.
Lol dude you forgot to switch accounts...

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems I’ve offended you somehow? I’ve just shared my positive experience.

Ill admit, I literally don’t know **** about suiting. It’s one of my first MTM that I got for leisure as I no longer work in London in an office. I just wanted something fun to wear to a wedding which I did have fun in. Everyone else liked the jacket so it kind of goes to show you most people don’t really know a lot of the thing people in this community cares about. We just want to have fun with it.

However, I do not appreciate your jabs just to be an ass to me. It really does come off kind of strange to think a adult will find offense to my lack of lapels and having it made in china and think to try to put me down.

Anyways, I’m off to enjoy the country side here in Tuscany. Enjoy your sartorial collection of excellent lapels made by Henry Poole himself and I’ll enjoy my ****** arm holes. (I actually asked them to make them large enough for me to move comfortably. I’m 6’3 and 210lbs, not easy to get the right fit from my understanding if you’re athletic shaped and I did mention I needed it urgently and they would take it in a bit when I get back)
@Andrew0409 you've been hacked by @BBSlayer ! Don't worry I won't take offense to what bbslayer wrote using your account.

Do note that large armholes doesn't mean more mobility.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads