• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Made-to-Measure Thread

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reinvigorating this thread with a few MTM commissions: (looking back through thread, I do need to get a pic of the TJ balloon cloth sport coat)

Carrara Fox Brothers Flannel sport coat (bring on cooler weather!)
IMG_8206.jpeg

Carrara Minnis Fresco suit (just the jacket try on, right out of the box, needs to settle a bit)
IMG_8204.jpeg

RJ suit in navy Glen check Fox Air
IMG_8056.jpeg

BomTrady

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful texture.....also, did you lose weight? 'Not trying to pry, but it's an issue that many on here deal with - you lose weight and are faced with an expensive time-consuming choice; do you get your wardrobe re-tailored or just grab some braces and go with the flow; do you send back to the original tailor, or just use a local person? If you did, what are your plans and if you didn't, well, you look good in any event. BTW, this dilemma can be faced by gaining weight, gaining muscle, losing muscle, etc.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful texture.....also, did you lose weight? 'Not trying to pry, but it's an issue that many on here deal with - you lose weight and are faced with an expensive time-consuming choice; do you get your wardrobe re-tailored or just grab some braces and go with the flow; do you send back to the original tailor, or just use a local person? If you did, what are your plans and if you didn't, well, you look good in any event. BTW, this dilemma can be faced by gaining weight, gaining muscle, losing muscle, etc.
Ive lost muscle mass throughout the years but my clothes more or less still fit. I just needed some cheaper options from bespoke and Carrara fits the bill.

Fenners81

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post in this thread and I was hoping to benefit from your knowledge. I live in Bucharest and am about to venture into the world of MTM suits. I'm not entirely trusting of Google reviews so was wondering if anyone had any local recommendations.

I also wondered if MTM was worth the extra money. I'm a pretty typical build, 180cm and 80kg on the athletic side so I find OTR suits fit reasonably well.

Last edited:

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B&Tailor MTM, Cacciopolli Chocolate Brown Linen 360gsm

Collar gap needs to be fixed, hopefully they can do that.

Lapels are 10.5cm / 4.1” . Thinking of doing 4.3” / 11cm next time.

Any feedback welcome!

IMG_1932.jpeg
IMG_1933.jpeg
IMG_1934.jpeg
IMG_1818.jpeg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unbelievably, it seems there's no master thread that focuses on made-to-measure tailoring. Let's start one.

Post your made-to-measure classic menswear garments in this thread. As with Ongoing Bespoke Projects, photos that emphasize fit are particularly welcome, as are "in the wild" shots. Details about corrections for posture, etc are welcome.

Ideally, this thread will show the possibilities and some of the limits of made-to-measure tailoring for those who want an alternative to bespoke with more customized options than off-the rack clothing can provide.

To get the ball rolling, here's a recent commission that I picked up late in the spring of 2020. This is a deadstock alpaca/lambswool tweed. Adjustments made for my low right shoulder, erect posture, and hollow lower back. Sleeves are rotated backwards to account for posture.

View attachment 1471968

View attachment 1471969

Excellent ! Who made it?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent ! Who made it?

OP answered same question a few posts below his original post from 2020

Thanks Colin. Yes, jackets, trousers, and shirts are all fair game. Even knitwear, if people want to post. Price point is optional. In my case, both of these jackets are from Flanigan Clothing, a relatively new made-to-measure operation that's been making my jackets and trousers since last year. The tweed was a steal, and the hopsack considerably more (about $1200) because of the expense of the fabric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads