• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

TXtoTN

Reaction score
If anyone else has input on the fit of the Cushman Tsuri-Ami sweatshirts, I'd love to hear it. Listed length is pretty inconsistent across websites. I see some that suggest close to 26" (which I could maybe do), while some are only around 24.5".

I'm also considering the SDA Suvin Gold Loophweel sweatshirt.

At 6' tall and 175 lbs, it's been tough to find something that is long enough for my torso. A lot of the repro sweats are so short they look pretty silly on me.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on a quest for a loop wheeled hoodie (or crewneck, if I must) that has the following criteria:

- truly loop wheeled (no side seams)
- combo of 43-44" chest and 27" in length
- a nice, snug bottom opening that doesn't stretch way out after two wears

I'm wearing RMC 10oz hoodie in size large as we speak, and while I love the fabric, the bottom opening has stretched looser than I would like. I'm hoping for something with a tight opening at the bottom that will hold its shape.

If anyone else has input on the fit of the Cushman Tsuri-Ami sweatshirts, I'd love to hear it. Listed length is pretty inconsistent across websites. I see some that suggest close to 26" (which I could maybe do), while some are only around 24.5".

At 6' tall and 175 lbs, it's been tough to find something that is long enough for my torso. A lot of the repro sweats are so short they look pretty silly on me.
From my own experience, brands like Cushman, Deluxeware, Two-moon,etc. are really only made with the Japanese market in mind. Their largest sizes are still really rather small compared to western sizing.

RMC, Freewheelers, BR and maybe Warehouse are the only repro brands I can think of that make large enough sizing for some sweats for larger folk.

The lengths being short is on par with a repro sweat, and should be alright with high rise (12-13") trousers to not look too off. But as some who's only 2" shorter than you and all torso, it is difficult sometimes.

TXtoTN

Reaction score
From my own experience, brands like Cushman, Deluxeware, Two-moon,etc. are really only made with the Japanese market in mind. Their largest sizes are still really rather small compared to western sizing.

RMC, Freewheelers, BR and maybe Warehouse are the only repro brands I can think of that make large enough sizing for some sweats for larger folk.

The lengths being short is on par with a repro sweat, and should be alright with high rise (12-13") trousers to not look too off. But as some who's only 2" shorter than you and all torso, it is difficult sometimes.
Hard to hear, but I know you are right. Studio D'Artisan or RMC are probably my best bet at this point. The RMC would be perfect if the bottom hem didn't stretch out so much.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, that would be awesome, thank you!

If you have a fit pic or two, that would be awesome, though no worries if you’d rather not.

Right so here’s the measurements. Keep in mind that the hem was physically stretched out post wash and then the shirt was worn, so this will affect the numbers. I usually need to buy shirts one size larger than my chest (36) might indicate because my hips are big for a guy. This is a size 40 L (US M), purchased from Tempo.

19 3/4” middle of waistband
5 5/8” neck hole
22 3/4” chest
24 3/4” top of neck to hem at the back
22 3/4” sleeve seam at shoulder to cuff end

elongatedskull

Reaction score
I find the Warehouse and RMC offer the longest fit.. Warehouse in particular is slightly longer in the body whereas the McCoy’s has a longer rib.

Gonzogonzo

Reaction score
I'm on a quest for a loop wheeled hoodie (or crewneck, if I must) that has the following criteria:

I'm wearing RMC 10oz hoodie in size large as we speak, and while I love the fabric, the bottom opening has stretched looser than I would like. I'm hoping for something with a tight opening at the bottom that will hold its shape.
Maybe at https://wonderlooper.com/ ?

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score

I’m about your size and have one of these from Warehouse in Large

The pre wash dims are close to what you’re looking for, but After a cold wash, hang dry, the dimensions shrink about an inch in all directions so it ends up as a vintage fit.

I would never order an XL in a US brand but could easily do an XL in one of these if I wanted a more modern fit sweatshirt

TXtoTN

Reaction score
Right so here’s the measurements. Keep in mind that the hem was physically stretched out post wash and then the shirt was worn, so this will affect the numbers. I usually need to buy shirts one size larger than my chest (36) might indicate because my hips are big for a guy. This is a size 40 L (US M), purchased from Tempo.

19 3/4” middle of waistband
5 5/8” neck hole
22 3/4” chest
24 3/4” top of neck to hem at the back
22 3/4” sleeve seam at shoulder to cuff end
Man, thanks so much for taking the time to measure! That's definitely going to be too short for me at under 25" in length.
I thought Wonderlooper looked nice out of the gate, but I'm not a fan of side seems or paneling on sweatshirts. Full loopwheeled construction is what I'm hoping for.

I know, I'm being particular, to say the least. I realize it comes down to three main things for me in my search:

- loopwheeled
- long enough for a 6' person of typical torso/leg ratio.
- robust ribbing at the bottom hem that stays snug

I know the nature of loopwheel fabric is to loosen with wear, I don't really have a problem with that. It would be awesome if it were pair with ribbing that is tightly woven and really holds it's shape. I have some 4-ply William Lockie sweaters that are very much like this (body that loosens with wear, and snug ribbing), and it's such an appealing combo to me. I'd just love the sweatshirt version of that.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8