• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

Wildeep

Reaction score
Hi, loads of useful info in this thread! I’m thinking of getting RMC M65 jacket. Any sizing guidance ? I’m 188cm, 78kg and approx 39” chest. Japanese clothing is often a bit too short in the body and arms for me but I love it!

jmiller123

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! How did the length feel? At least from the measurements, it seems to be slightly longer than other comparable brands.
Most repro brands have very short denim jackets that look odd if your shirt isn't tucked or is longer than 23-24 inches. As someone who doesn't often tuck in shirts, I actually preferred the additional length as it works fine in either situation

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Hi, loads of useful info in this thread! I’m thinking of getting RMC M65 jacket. Any sizing guidance ? I’m 188cm, 78kg and approx 39” chest. Japanese clothing is often a bit too short in the body and arms for me but I love it!
That jacket fits TTS so take your normal US size. Not sure about the new versions v old.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a pair of Real McCoy's 996 White denim and a pair of RMC Blue Seal Chinos in the dark tan/brown, both in size 36. I'll be putting them up at some point, but willing to let go for a reasonable price. DM if interested.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got an itch for a white/off-white waffle stitch henley. Anyone got experience with Dubbleworks?
I have a couple of these well made and heavy weight just wish they had 3 collar buttons

Treble

Reaction score
Got a pair of Real McCoy's 996 White denim and a pair of RMC Blue Seal Chinos in the dark tan/brown, both in size 36. I'll be putting them up at some point, but willing to let go for a reasonable price. DM if interested.

Want the 996 White in a 34, in case anyone has some for sale... Longshot I know.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Where’s the best (cheapest) place to buy RMC if you’re in the EU?
Do you need to buy it in the EU?

The EU stockists are Frans Boone, Stuf-f, Denim Heads, Burg&Schild, Jinji, VMC, and Clutch Cafe. FransBoone and Stuf-f will be the cheapest I think, but I don't expect price to vary much (denimheads seems to be the highest price).

If you can buy from JP, celluloid and barnstormer.

Gustaf

Reaction score
Do you need to buy it in the EU?

The EU stockists are Frans Boone, Stuf-f, Denim Heads, Burg&Schild, Jinji, VMC, and Clutch Cafe. FransBoone and Stuf-f will be the cheapest I think, but I don't expect price to vary much (denimheads seems to be the highest price).

If you can buy from JP, celluloid and barnstormer.

Thanks a bunch for a helpful response. No, I don’t really need to buy in the EU but with the way duty is calculated and the VAT we have here, importing from outside the Union, even from the UK, adds a lot to the cost. I was curious, as I haven’t done the math myself, if there is a place outside the EU that offers comparable prices once landed cost is calculated? If only to have a greater selection. I haven’t tried buying from the Japanes sites you mention, but I assume it would be more expensive than purchasing from within the EU. Perhaps someone knows?

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for a helpful response. No, I don’t really need to buy in the EU but with the way duty is calculated and the VAT we have here, importing from outside the Union, even from the UK, adds a lot to the cost. I was curious, as I haven’t done the math myself, if there is a place outside the EU that offers comparable prices once landed cost is calculated? If only to have a greater selection. I haven’t tried buying from the Japanes sites you mention, but I assume it would be more expensive than purchasing from within the EU. Perhaps someone knows?
I have no clue how customs are calculated in the EU, but I know it can be prohibitive. Celluloid will be cheapest because they don't use a proxy, you just fill out a form and buy direct. They will put the total on any customs docs. Celluloid, unlike Barnstormer and The Real McCoys JP retail, deducts the JP VAT. I would try there and see how it goes.

US has a $800 customs limit, so I have never been hit with customs yet for JP purchases because I keep them under that limit.

All that said, the cheapest place on the planet outside of Japan to buy TRM (in my experience) is Shoplostfound.com

Wildeep

Reaction score
Have you got a link for celluloid online store? Couldn’t find it by googling! Barnstormer I found and it didn’t seem to have any RMC

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Have you got a link for celluloid online store? Couldn’t find it by googling! Barnstormer I found and it didn’t seem to have any RMC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads