• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

hobojones

Reaction score
Anyone got opinions on Warehouse stuff? Particularly their loopwheel sweats lol. I feel like I’ve gone full circle (like many on here have) and am all the way back at being interested in loopwheel even though I’m like 10 years late

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SS21 stock has been added to Real McCoy's London. I'll excuse that they're using the "drop" parlance.

1614611511632.png

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll be curious to see what else releases as we get further into spring and summer. I kind of like the cotton aviator jacket but I believe even the Jp price was close to $500 though which is a stretch.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone got opinions on Warehouse stuff? Particularly their loopwheel sweats lol. I feel like I’ve gone full circle (like many on here have) and am all the way back at being interested in loopwheel even though I’m like 10 years late

I too am joined in this eternal recurrence – I was both too poor and too aware of the trendiness of Americana to take much part in the last go around circa '08. But now that I'm older, and what with the state of the world, comfortable, durable nostalgia is pretty appealing.

I did not put much stake in elevated sweats in particular, but now find myself with three RMC loopwheel sweatshirts, which I find to be distinctively comfortable in a way I had not found until now. Jury's out on durability as of yet.

I have not had experience with Warehouse other than a pair of painfully-undersized Dubbleworks jeans I owned in my low 20s. I have a couple of their loophweel tees included in my preorder from Celluloid. My guess would be that any of the Japanese loopwheel makers are comparable other than certain aesthetic details and fit. My understanding is Warehouse leans a little toward short and boxy.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll be curious to see what else releases as we get further into spring and summer. I kind of like the cotton aviator jacket but I believe even the Jp price was close to $500 though which is a stretch.

There's nothing I'm too enthused about, primarily because I find spring, and particularly summer, to just be about surviving: you're not going to look good regardless what you wear and any attempt at layering or interesting assemblage will find you awaking on a hospital gurney with a saline drip strapped to your arm.

Crisp windbreakers always seem like a utilitarian purchase but never get any wear for me. I think the same would be for M65s or any other such jackets. Of course, this doesn't prevent me from wanting an RMC roughout jacket.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
You could find real ones in the 80s at surplus stores for $15 maximum ?

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's nothing I'm too enthused about, primarily because I find spring, and particularly summer, to just be about surviving: you're not going to look good regardless what you wear and any attempt at layering or interesting assemblage will find you awaking on a hospital gurney with a saline drip strapped to your arm.

Crisp windbreakers always seem like a utilitarian purchase but never get any wear for me. I think the same would be for M65s or any other such jackets. Of course, this doesn't prevent me from wanting an RMC roughout jacket.
Haha yeah agreed. Summer humidity gets me every time. I’m only hoping to maybe try some short sleeve prints if there’s a design or two I like. I may even be tempted to try some shorts as they’re generally a bit fuller cut from some of these brands.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The white denim is maybe a little appealing, in that I still have it my mind to reproduce the below look, sold to me by Frans Boone when I bought their "McQueen" Lockie shawl collar, which looks on me nothing like it does on him (I still like the cardigan, though). I got a pair of the Resolute 710 anniversary denim for this purpose.

The reality is my 710s are borderline too slim for my pretzel-scarfing ass and white denim = dirty denim within ten minutes of wear. If I do continue wearing my 710s, I'm just going to let them go to pot and embrace the grunge vibe.

Anyway, the cut of the RMCs appears more accommodating.

1614691815698.png

1614692220596.png

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer Other than being white denim, how did you like the overall quality of the Resolutes? I like the idea that its the former founder of Denime behind it, but I'm thinking its just overall a bit too slim for my liking since I'm so used to such fuller fits now. Same reason as much as I like the Orslow 107, but probably too slim (also has a zipper unfortunately)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer Other than being white denim, how did you like the overall quality of the Resolutes? I like the idea that its the former founder of Denime behind it, but I'm thinking its just overall a bit too slim for my liking since I'm so used to such fuller fits now. Same reason as much as I like the Orslow 107, but probably too slim (also has a zipper unfortunately)

I'm actually wearing them right now.

I'm not much of a denim expert but have my own perception of quality based on jeans I have handled. Coming from the 19oz Samurais that have been my go-to this winter, there's an obvious divide in terms of handfeel, weight, etc. The Resolutes are about 13oz and have a decent weave (from what I can tell), plus those details some people covet, such as leg twist and loose threads. They have a paper tag, which some people are vehemently opposed to.

In terms of fit, they are very slim. This batch in particular was undersized – I'm wearing a 34 and they're quite close to the leg from thighs on down. The weave does stretch considerably and quickly, so in terms of the top block, they're accommodating.

Buffon.bj

Reaction score

I have been thinking about buying this sweatshirt from Warehouse. I want a shorter sweat, as I always use high rise jeans or trousers. The Buzz Rickson sweatshirt I have is short, but I feel its hem is too wide so that it doesn't sit "fitted" on the waist like, say, a Rubato knit. Does anyone have any experience with the Warehouse sweats, even fit pics? I am 190cm / 90kg, athletic, and was considering a size large.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads