• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The annual "What's your favorite horror movie?" thread

Choose your favorite first-film-in-a-horror-movie-franchise:

• Alien

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Friday the 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Night of the Living Dead (1969)

• Child's Play

• The Howling

• A Nightmare on Elm Street

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Halloween

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Hellraiser

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Leprechaun

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Alien's an interesting addition since only the first one was a true horror film. Aliens was a Sci-Fi action movie with some horror elements thrown in and i'm not sure what I would classify Alien 3 as. Let's just forget that 4 ever happened.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The problem is real horror hounds would tear your poll to pieces. I was tempted to show this poal to my gf but decided against it b/c I didn't want to hear ranting and raving for 6 hours straight before her having to watch the 1950 movie with the giant tarantula just to calm down.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Alien's an interesting addition since only the first one was a true horror film. Aliens was a Sci-Fi action movie with some horror elements thrown in and i'm not sure what I would classify Alien 3 as. Let's just forget that 4 ever happened.

How can you classify Alien as horror but not Alien 3??? Not going to argue whether Alien 3 was good or not (I think it is, but I realize most hate it), but I don't get how you can't classify 3 as horror.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, I'd probably agree with you there.

Still think it's a interesting one to have on this list considering how many times the franchise changed genre.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

The problem is real horror hounds would tear your poll to pieces. I was tempted to show this poal to my gf but decided against it b/c I didn't want to hear ranting and raving for 6 hours straight before her having to watch the 1950 movie with the giant tarantula just to calm down.

lol wut?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I vaguely remember some movie from the seventies featuring a giant tarantula that they built on a VW Beetle, and at one point you can literally see the car beneath the critter :lol:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Howling series experienced a pretty significant drop off, but goddamn if that first one wasn't pretty weird and great and kind of slutty and sexy when I saw it at like age 8.

I always thought Wolfen should have been made into a series. I legitimately like the movie, not in any ironic way.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

How can you classify Alien as horror but not Alien 3??? Not going to argue whether Alien 3 was good or not (I think it is, but I realize most hate it), but I don't get how you can't classify 3 as horror.

We've covered this elsewhere, but I like all 4 of the "original" Alien films. In my book, Aliens is the only non-horror film in the franchise.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I vaguely remember some movie from the seventies featuring a giant tarantula that they built on a VW Beetle, and at one point you can literally see the car beneath the critter :lol:

That triggered a memory and I thought it might be Nude for Satan. Although N4S does feature a terrible giant spider there's no VW underneath it.

NSFW youtube link

******* loved that movie, greatest title ever.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You consider Alien Resurrection a horror film?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS count as a horror series? They were all pretty terrible, and Ilsa wasn't really a werewolf, but they were great in that "naked chicks in prison getting abused" way.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, important query.

Incubus

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

vs Sucubus

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Discuss.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Jesus Franco was ******* awesome.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Your horror knowledge is most impressive Birdman.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Your horror knowledge is most impressive Birdman.

It used to work well on goth chicks in high school/college. Not much use now.

Important fact, Incubus is the only film to have all dialogue in the language of Esperanto. If that doesn't tell you William Shatner is the greatest actor of his generation I don't know what to tell you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads