• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone recommend a Taylor Stitch chino that fits similar to the Gustin Chino?

I think TS slim 31 = Gustin Slim 31. This is based on my trying out both. The Gustin leg is slightly wider. But the TS fabric is much, much nicer.

Last edited:

vorhven

Reaction score
I think TS slim 31 = Gustin Slim 31. This is based on my trying out both. The Gustin leg is slightly wider. But the TS fabric is much, much nicer.
Saca, do you have any pictures of your slim TS you can post? There are few pictures of them and I'd like to see how they fit.

goldenbear

Reaction score

To be fair though, Gustin uses a variety of different fabrics. And it depends what you mean by nicer. The Gustin weight also tends to be heavier. According to the size charts the TS slim is wider in the thigh and knee, but smaller in the leg opening than the Gustin slim.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True. The brushed Spanish twill that TS is currently using for its chinos is buttery soft, and it has a good heft.

I have the graphite Gustin chinos. I do like the construction and details, but the twill is much rougher by comparison.

goldenbear

Reaction score

True. The brushed Spanish twill that TS is currently using for its chinos is buttery soft, and it has a good heft.

I have the graphite Gustin chinos. I do like the construction and details, but the twill is much rougher by comparison.

That makes sense. I don't have Gustin chinos. I have several pairs of Rogue territory. They are definitely not soft. But that's what I wanted. I've never liked soft clothing except to sleep in. I think Gustin is going more for a work chino which will have a rougher feel.

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys - We've been slammed and coming up for air.

Wanted to drop a couple things in front you guys today.

First - I forgot to give you guys a code for the Japanese Donegal Jacks that launched yesterday. If you're on the email list or follow us on other social media channels we will always post the 10% off on day of launch and it's always in our email. For today get on down on the code SFDONEGAL for 10% off those shirts.

I also wanted to tell you about the collaboration wingtip boot we did with Rancourt that is in the Workshop (our internal crowdfunding project). If you guys have never felt Kudu before the leather is absolutely incredible. I'm not just being biased. They sourced something really special here. Since the animal is wild and strong you end up with a really dense leather with tight fibers which means it will last forever. The nep is also incredibly soft. Anyways, you got til the end of tomorrow to grab a pair of those too.

As always give us a shout if you need anything!

Take good care,
Mike

matt1985

Reaction score
If I wear a medium in the Yosemite shirt, should I order a medium in the mechanic shirt? Just want to know if sizing is similar, thanks.

digga

Reaction score
I have both, sizing is similar. Yosemite feels slightly tighter, maybe because of the thicker fabric. I would order the same size if I were you.

SouthNarc

Reaction score
Hey Mike can you put the natural crew neck tees on the website? I didn't even know that you made those until I was in the Valencia Street store last week and saw them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads