Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

anyone have the camp pants? did they shrink in wash?

2. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

Intrigued by the moleskin pants at half off. They pretty much unwearable in california s/s?

3. irbe

irbe Senior member

Anybody chime inis the mole skin pants measurement are accurate on the website. Heard sizing is all over the place sometimes and never owned a pair of TS pants

4. bigwhat62

bigwhat62 Well-Known Member

this last release of moleskin pants i believed ran about 1.5-2 inches shorter. all the other dimensions were spot on. i tried to size up one for the waist to fit and then the legs were too baggy. either way i reordered my previous size to get these in khaki. i'll just have to drop a couple of lbs

5. irbe

irbe Senior member

Is there a code for first time buyer for the 15 percent???

6. oynag

oynag Senior member

If you sign up for their newsletter, you'll get the 15% for a new customer plus 10% coupons for products on the day of their release.

Indigo Star Jack is tempting. I regret missing it before but do I really need another blue shirt?

7. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Is there any more room in the rise or seat area on the TS chinos? Basically are they any easier to sit in for the day? Fabric softness alone may help with this?

8. halcyon725

halcyon725 Well-Known Member

sacafatos is pretty right on... I find the fit very similar. If anything the Gustin ones are a little tighter in the thigh/waist area.

Also, based on what I have, in general TS has softer/more pliable fabrics, but the Gustin American chinos are relatively soft as well.

9. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

TS construction is solid. I'd be willing to replace all my casual non denim trousers with the brushed Spanish twill chinos, if only they came in more colors.

I do wish the pants came with metal button flys, not the zipper style. But that's a minor detail. The map of SF on the pocket bags is a great touch.

Gustin's upper thigh flares out a tad more, almost as if the fabric was cut in a slight crescent shape. TS nails the seat area, but that means less margin for tapering the upper thigh; that would throw off the shape of the seat, according to my tailor.

10. oynag

oynag Senior member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015

11. sleu

sleu Senior member

First time ordering with TS, their website says USPS Priority shipping. Do they usually actually use Priority, because mine was shipped First Class. Those couple of days make a difference on the east coast.

12. oynag

oynag Senior member

I can't remember a time when they haven't shipped Priority Mail to me, but I'm fairly close to San Francisco. The post office once told me that shipping to/from where I am to SF can only be done via Priority Mail- first class isn't even on the menu.

13. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

I usually get my stuff that I order on Tuesday by Friday...occasionally it's Sat but I blame that more on the post office than anything else.

anyone know if they shipped the sand work chambray shirts yet? Were supposed to be shipped sometime between 3/5 and now I believe

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015

14. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

@taylorstitch

Any timeline on the slim chino re-stock? & is there any other colors coming for this season? Thanks. Really want to try a pair.

15. emeles86

emeles86 Member

Waiting on my TS Ash Twill shirt to be delivered. Been 10 days now, I'm patient but so excited. [​IMG]