1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Distinguished Member

2. theh00d

theh00d Senior Member

Are the sleeves designed to be short on the chore coat?

3. matt1985

matt1985 Senior Member

I'm guessing you're referring to the canvas project jacket? If so, I bought one a while back when they released the very first bunch. My sleeves were quite short on that jacket. I still have it but it pretty much sits in the wardrobe cause it started annoying me, In hindsight I wish I returned both the green and tan now. Never mind.

But from what I have seen, they have rectified the sleeve length. But in saying this, I think they may have some old stock of the first jackets made possibly?

I ordered a 38 when the guys re - released the "new" jackets with longer sleeves. But I received a 40, the sleeves were perfect, just too baggy! Returned it, and in good fashion the guys resent me a 38. But it had the shorter sleeves just like my other one in the wardrobe. So I sent it back and kinda gave up on it.

So it may be possible you received an older model of the jacket? Does it have a little square leather patch on the inside of the jacket? Or does it have a white fabric strip with taylor stitch on it? The new longer sleeve jacket I received had a white fabric strip. Both my old jackets have leather patches on the inside.

4. sacafotos

sacafotos Distinguished Member

I have the tan one in size 36. Am going to put up in B&S soon. Great piece, just doesn't get much wear.

5. theh00d

theh00d Senior Member

Yeah its the jacket with the leather patch on the inside.
    Unfortunately, I got it on Ebay.
    Guess I'm have to put it up on sale.

6. matt1985

matt1985 Senior Member

I would say that it was one of the first made jackets. The only time I wear mine is with a hoody or jumper underneath so the short sleeves are not as noticeable. But feels a bit uncomfortable with the shorter sleeves. I think you would like the newer jackets, hopefully one pops up for you.

7. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior Member

Would cop this in a darker color (navy?).

8. shakemyhandplz

shakemyhandplz Active Member

Are the Telegraph trousers more similar to democratic fit or slim?

9. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior Member

I need some help from the board here. I had my Seagrass plaid shirt dry cleaned a few months ago and the collar got all messed up. Like creases. Since then it's been impossible to iron the creases out. And I've tried everything. There seems to be a structural problem. The two pieces of fabric which make up the collar are loose. Basically impossible to iron. And when you try to iron one side the other side gets messed up. Has anyone had this problem with the Seagrass plaid? And can anyone offer any suggestions to fix it? I don't think I will wear it again in this condition.

10. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior Member

ditto- would love to know the answer to this

11. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior Member

@taylorstitch is their a problem with the cuffs being too small on the Maritime shirt? I can't fit a shirt under it without squeeze my writs and the shirt fabric and there is no way to wear a watch. Can this be fixed?

12. vorhven

vorhven Member

Does anyone here have the chore pants and could you post a picture of you wearing them? Also, whats the difference between these and the moleskin crater pants, that theyre windproof/warmer( and if anyone has these post pictures please)?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015

13. sacafotos

http://instagram.com/p/svOKMUEira/

That's the second gen (current), which I feel fits much more relaxed than the first gen (12 oz duck). This second gen (10 oz) hasn't really softened up much, despite repeated hot washes and a few hot ironing sessions.

That's a good thing if you want a serious pair of beaters. These things are bullet proof.

14. vorhven

vorhven Member

that link doesn't work sacaf

15. sacafotos

Sorry, all IG share links seem to be broken at the moment. I reached out to them for support.