• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Louys

Reaction score

Just otter waxed my pine project jacket and absolutely love how it's turned out! Just leaving it to cure, then will be wearing it pretty hard! It has softened it up slightly which is nice, and has created a nice look to the jacket. 

I'm considering waxing mine so keep us updated.

1989thenumber

Reaction score

Hey man, that was a collaboration with Fairends and they've still got 40's in stock!  http://fairends.com/products/tan-chambray-glacier-shirt

So my replacement arrived, and within a week. It's a very, very nice shirt. Great fabric and detailing. Wish I'd gone for the blue as well, will have to see if it's available. Like I need any more blue shirts. Ha. I'm coming to he conclusion that I can't go wrong with a TS shirt.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How should I wash the chore pants? Warm, inside out, mild detergent, hang dry?

I'm loving the three pairs I bought (navy, pine, grey), but wish I had sized one down. They really opened up and now they're slightly too big. I couldn't button the top button on the 29, but I think had I worn the pair for a while, it would've opened up and allowed me to button up all the way. Lesson learned: buy one, experiment, then buy multiples.

I do have one main gripe with this new generation of chore pants:

Because of how big the top block is, and I think because there's a bit too much fabric between the buttons, when I try to button up the fly, either the bottom or one of the middle two buttons becomes undone.

It does not happen with the first gen khaki chore pants I have, so I think it has to do with your cut.

The button holes don't appear to be too wide, it's just the way the fabric relaxes when closing the top button that allows one of the lower buttons to pop out. I don' t know how else to describe it. This happens on all three of the new chore pants I bought, FYI.

Love the pants, but this issue is super annoying. TS crew, please take note.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
How should I wash the chore pants? Warm, inside out, mild detergent, hang dry?

I'm loving the three pairs I bought (navy, pine, grey), but wish I had sized one down. They really opened up and now they're slightly too big. I couldn't button the top button on the 29, but I think had I worn the pair for a while, it would've opened up and allowed me to button up all the way. Lesson learned: buy one, experiment, then buy multiples.

I do have one main gripe with this new generation of chore pants:

Because of how big the top block is, and I think because there's a bit too much fabric between the buttons, when I try to button up the fly, either the bottom or one of the middle two buttons becomes undone.

It does not happen with the first gen khaki chore pants I have, so I think it has to do with your cut.

The button holes don't appear to be too wide, it's just the way the fabric relaxes when closing the top button that allows one of the lower buttons to pop out. I don' t know how else to describe it. This happens on all three of the new chore pants I bought, FYI.

Love the pants, but this issue is super annoying. TS crew, please take note.
ditto on the popping buttons

rusticchasm

Reaction score
just got my huckberry x taylor stitch explorer shirt in the mail. its big. very big. size down 2 sizes big...

unless it shrinks. but i dunno about that yet.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the variance in TS sizing if they actually updated the size charts for each shirt.
Right now it's a total crapshoot.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only gotcha I've come across is when some shirts are trimmer; I have to go up from a 36 to 38. Kind of ruins the perfect fit, though, if the shirt isn't an over shirt piece.

My favorite shirts are from TS.

digga

Reaction score
TS sizing is pretty sketchy. Probably why new shirts sell out in a few hours. Everyone that wants one has to buy three sizes and return the two that don't fit.

Love my white 40 oxford though.

matt1985

Reaction score
I agree, I've had a fair bit of trouble working out sizing. I am normally a small is most shirts I wear, I can wear a 38 is TS but the length is a little short. So go with a 40.

In jackets I have to wear a 38, I have tried the project jacket is 38-40 and the 40 looks huge on me. The 38 is pretty well spot on.

Louys

Reaction score
From what I've bought from them I've found sizing very consistent. They definitely have a shorter cut than most places but the only item I've bought from the, where it was a little too much, the project jacket, they rectified in the second release.

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
From my limited experience, TS sizing does seem to be a little odd. I usually wear a small, but for TS stuff XS works better. They do cut their stuff shorter than most others, but I've been able to get a good fit in the shoulders that way so I'll stick to that. I did get a crewneck sweater that seems to be sized smaller than their other stuff, though. I ordered an XS and they accidentally sent me a S, but it fit just right so I kept it.

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm Jim and I'll be taking the reins as Taylor Stitch's Styleforum contact. We've got some exciting news about the brand and some of the projects we've got on the cooker.

As you guys may or may not know, we're an SF-based indie brand specializing in casual, ethically made menswear. With few exceptions, all of our goods are made right here in San Francisco. One of those exceptions are our custom shirts, which we've been doing since day one of the business and which are manufactured at Mel Gambert in New Jersey.

We've got a great tailored fit that we've been honing for years. Our specialty are durable, casual classics -- denim, oxford shirts, t-shirts, and practical outerwear. We release new stuff each and every Wednesday like clockwork to our retail shops (two in San Francisco) and our online site

I'd like especially to bring to your attention the Taylor Stitch Workshop. The Workshop is crowdfunding done our way. We found that our weekly releases were selling out so fast that some of our most loyal customers were having a tough time getting their mitts on goods in their size. The Workshop is our answer to making sure that everybody gets a seat at the table -- with a nice price break as icing on the cake. Come check it out-- we've launched the Workshop with our fan favorite Standard Issue Chinos and some great casual shirting for Fall.

I'm completely at your disposal. Get at me with any questions, comments, or feedback you've got. Curious about sizing? I'm your guy. Shrinkage on the Italian denim? You're in the right place. You can reach me right here on the thread, via PM, or hit me up at my email, jim [at] taylorstitch [dot] com. :cheers:

mikeharo

Reaction score
Jim,

Thanks for contributing! I have a pair of chinos in democratic fit that are a touch tight in the waist. According to the measurements on the workshop chinos, the waist size is 0.5" more than the democratic fit chinos. In my case, ordering the same size should be a perfect fit, correct? How is the fit on the Workshop chino? It does not seem to be a dedicated slim fit, which is great for me.

These compared to the Workshop version.
http://taylorstitch.com/collections...ed-summer-twill-chino-townsend-democratic-fit

I have a tough time finding chinos that fit well because of my thigh and seat. The democratic fit in the thigh and seat is great for me.

Last edited:

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @taylorstitch welcome (back).

Will all new releases be Workshop-based now, or will you still do "actual" drops w/ stock on hand that ships shortly after ordering?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads