• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

1989thenumber

Reaction score
Any possibility of the highlands shirts returning for fall?

I love my Highlands shirts. I've got the British Khaki and the Olive.

Last edited:

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Welcome back to SF!

I missed out on the water repellent project jacket the last time around - any chance of that coming back?

We should be running them again, but for the moment the washed versions of the Project Jacket are our go-tos. Once we clear through those we'll probably run them again in the waxed fabric.

I visited the Marina location while visiting from out of town yesterday. Ain't a damn thing crisp. SF fall = summer. 85 degrees! Super nice staff in the store. Exchanged a shirt and chatted them up about the new workshop model. I was worried I'd miss out on the adrenaline rush of those Wednesday drops. That's my midweek fix. Glad they'll still be around. 

Thanks so much! I'll pass your feedback on our team at the Chestnut shop.

Hey Jim

I have some feedback on your Tshirts.  The collar is too spread out.  Would appreciate a tighter collar that doesn't stretch out like crazy when you wear it.  The FairEnds shirts fit about right... the basic T's don't. 

Interesting -- we're always dialing in the fit of the basics. Do you refer to the v-necks, or the crewnecks?

Any possibility of the highlands shirts returning for fall?
I love my Highlands shirts. I've got the British Khaki and the Olive.

We don't currently have the Highland Shirt on the release schedule, but I'll definitely take note that there's interest on the ground in those guys. I, too, definitely miss having 'em in the shop.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We should be running them again, but for the moment the washed versions of the Project Jacket are our go-tos. Once we clear through those we'll probably run them again in the waxed fabric.
Thanks so much! I'll pass your feedback on our team at the Chestnut shop.
Interesting -- we're always dialing in the fit of the basics. Do you refer to the v-necks, or the crewnecks?

We don't currently have the Highland Shirt on the release schedule, but I'll definitely take note that there's interest on the ground in those guys. I, too, definitely miss having 'em in the shop.

Jim,

Any word on the sea washed denim project jacket?

Eric

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we're talking about the return of past loves...a return of the Mechanic's Shirt would be So Welcome.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Jim

I have some feedback on your Tshirts. The collar is too spread out. Would appreciate a tighter collar that doesn't stretch out like crazy when you wear it. The FairEnds shirts fit about right... the basic T's don't.

I wanted to echo this, but point out the my experience with the indigo crew neck; that collar stretched a bit much, but I still love the shirt dearly. The plain black crewneck I got is perfect; I heard from one of the guys that the indigo crewneck has been or will be restocked with a tighter collar.

Their basics have a near perfect cut for me, I gotta say.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mikej77

Reaction score
Any plans for some new denim releases. Love the pairs I have but I would love to see some cone mills.

SouthNarc

Reaction score
Guys I'll be the dissenting one and say that I think your crew necks and v necks are great! Would love to see an olive color.

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

If we're talking about the return of past loves...a return of the Mechanic's Shirt would be So Welcome.

I think you're gonna have an exciting Fall. But if I told you more, I'd have to kill you.

Any non-denim pants coming other than the workshop chinos? (already backed a pair)

There's some exciting canvas fabrics coming through the pipe, but it's a little tentative right now. I'll keep in mind that there's interest on the ground for some stuff that's a little but further outside the norm, though!

The highlands shirt would be a welcome re-run.

Interesting. We don't have anything on the horizon, but if there's enough interest in it something might pop in the Workshop in the near future. I'll keep you guys posted.

Tdizzle

Reaction score
Hey Jim

I have some feedback on your Tshirts. The collar is too spread out. Would appreciate a tighter collar that doesn't stretch out like crazy when you wear it. The FairEnds shirts fit about right... the basic T's don't.

- The crew necks. The sequoia stripe shirt fits good too (along with the FairEnds). But the basics and the indigo dyed shirts are really really stretched out in size 44.... not super flattering for most dudes. Just my 2 cents, thanks for taking the feedback.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you're gonna have an exciting Fall. But if I told you more, I'd have to kill you.
There's some exciting canvas fabrics coming through the pipe, but it's a little tentative right now. I'll keep in mind that there's interest on the ground for some stuff that's a little but further outside the norm, though!
Interesting. We don't have anything on the horizon, but if there's enough interest in it something might pop in the Workshop in the near future. I'll keep you guys posted.

Kinda feeling a little ignored. Sea washed denim project jacket?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads