Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I wear a medium in J Crew slims and BB extra slims. I'm going for the size 40 on the Yosemite, because in my experience "pre-shrunk" is a lie unless you are meticulous about hand washing and hang drying. My size 38 from last year definitely shrank a bit, especially in the sleeves. Anyway, just went ahead and ordered one in each color, trying not to convince myself to buy a an extra red.

2. taylorstitch

taylorstitch Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I haven't worn TOO much RT but I find that their stuff is pretty similar. In my experience our 38 is pretty close to their Medium and a 40 to the Large, to give you a starting point.

The fella in red is wearing a size 40, as is the dude modeling the grey. (Say hi to Barrett and Michael, two of our three co-founders.) Dusty Blue is, I believe, wearing a 42. Plus, here's our fit guide-- which we're pretty sure is going to be quite accurate for the new shirts. The aforementioned Barrett actually just recently made sure to update the fit guide to compensate for a few seasons of slight alterations to the fit. It's a never-ending pursuit of perfection.

[​IMG]

We're pretty serious about pre-shrunk-- our factory puts almost all of the fabrics we use through a pretty serious ringer to soften up the fabric. THAT SAID, my gut tells me that the chamois factory is going to be way more shrink-friendly than the oxfords and chambrays we use. Thicker fabrics often make up slightly larger, too, though, so I think most guys should feel very safe going with their true size.

Just like denim, most fabrics shrink lengthwise, not width-wise. That's why sleeves, tails, and collars are usually the parts that shrink. Wash it cold and hang dry it and you shouldn't see more than a half-inch of shrink in the length. I'll see if I can't wash-test a Yosemite shirt for you guys and give you some more precise measurements.

3. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Is the Rust Yosemite the same color as last years Red? From the pic, it looks to be kind of orange-ish color?

Thank you!

4. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

What is the status on the Workshop Standard Issue Chinos?

5. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

In for answer

6. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Email from TS today regarding Chinos: Slims ship Friday, Regulars ship Monday.

7. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

Yeah, I saw that. Slight bummer. I'm too impatient.

8. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

Thanks for the info! Really looking forward to future projects. Are any jackets in the pipelines? I loved the maritime jacket that was made out of melton wool a while back, but missed out... Would love to grab one, or something similar later on down the track.

9. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Will the Maritime shirt come back? Or something similar that adds hand warmer pockets?

10. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

quick! before the yosemite funding ends! will this season's be longer? fingers crossed on not since the old fit perfectly

11. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

Anybody get a shipping confirmation for their Chinos?

12. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Just got shipping confirmation for my Regular Fit Chinos.

13. Creasy729

Creasy729 Active Member

Just got my slim workshop chinos yesterday and have to say that I am thrilled with them. The sizing chart was spot-on and the fit is perfect for me as a tall, slim guy. The fabric also feels a lot more substantial as compared to what you get with something like J.Crew urban slims. Hope more are made in the future, as I would love to pick some up in other colors.

14. Tdizzle

Tdizzle Active Member

I also agree that the chinos are absolutely incredible. The fit and fabric is awesome. I haven't worn chinos since high school... But these are legit.

Also hoping the Yosemite shirts are a little bit longer than prior years. the fit on all my NEW TS shirts seems perfect after a few washes... it shrinks to the right size.

15. 1989thenumber

1989thenumber Senior member

My Sea Washed Japanese Denim Glacier Shirt just arrived. It's really nice, but the measurements are not accurate. I got a 40, the same size as the previous Fair Ends collab - the Sea Washed Indigo Selvage Chambray Glacier Shirt.

Although the fit guide for both have exactly the same measurements, the new shirt is slightly smaller. In particular, the sleeves are a good inch shorter and it's tighter in the chest and a little shorter.

I'm tossing up about returning for a 42. I like in the pic on the website how the guy is wearing it as an overshirt, over a henley. I don't think I could layer underneath as it is. I'm also concerned about shrinkage - any shrinkage at all and it won't work for me.

@taylorstitch what kind of shrinkage can I expect on this?