• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

rusticchasm

Reaction score
For water proofing you mean? Why not use the nano protectant spray made for suede and other fabrics?
i like the way waxed fabrics age over time. to me, its similar to working on my raw denim fades but working on my waxed canvas fades

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comment on the chambray trousers:

The top block and upper thigh areas are too big.

Your brenham slim fit has the right taper from the knee down—for this to be worn to a nicer affair—but the top block and upper thigh feel just like your Chore pants.

Also, the fabric is incredible, but since it isn't as breathable as a linen, maybe consider making v2.0 with a lighter weight chambray.

Wish it fit right for me. I'm a smaller guy at 5'7, 150 lbs.

If anyone hasn't seen these trousers, the fabric feels divine.
Hope they do a cotton-linen one in the future. Would look great with the white oxford.

goldenbear

Reaction score
I got the chambray trousers slim fit in navy yesterday. First off, they aren't really navy. They are a pale blue, light grey color. They could even be worn with a blue shirt. The color is accurately represented in the website pic of the guy in the White Oxford sitting on the bicycle. I like the color as it is, but don't expect a true blue color.

I really like the fit. They are little looser in the thigh than some other slim fit models, but not too loose. I am over tight fitting pants anyway. I suggest going with your jeans size, since they run a little large. Don't size up. I'm 6 ft, 165 and the 31's fit great. For comparison, I take a size 32 in the Left Field slim chinos, and a size 31 in the Rogue Territory Chinos. The fabric is excellent. They are a little too heavy for August weather. More of a Spring pant than a late Summer pant. Though they would work well in the evening or on a cooler Summer day. The rise is nice. High enough to look good w/ a tucked in shirt if need be. And the color is versatile enough to be worn year round (though I'll have have to experiment to know for sure). It matches well with the Spring plaids.

I like the look so much I'm tempted to also buy the Khaki color, but I've got to start saving for Fall. Just MYHO, but Taylor Stitch is as good a value as you will find.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone size down on the Chore pants? I'm finding the size 30 to fit a little larger after a few wearings; I didn't expect that, especially given that I couldn't even button up the 29 all the way.

They appear to have stretched quite a bit.

Tought as nails though. I grabbed a navy (for a denim alternative), grey, and pine.

1989thenumber

Reaction score
After waiting more than a month for delivery, I had to give up on my Sea Washed Tan Selvage Chambray Glacier Shirt and get a refund. Seems it was lost in the post.

Bizarrely, I got a full refund to my card for the shirt, but Mina was adamant they could not refund the shipping charge - the shipping could only be refunded as a gift card. It's only $30, but still. I feel like I should get back the full amount that I paid.

That aside, am gutted. If anyone bought a size 40 and isn't feeling it, I'm your man.

Last edited:

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I imagine your credit card company would have a different opinion, if you wanted to press the matter.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@taylorstitch Any chance you'll re-run some of these, or something similar?

Louys

Reaction score
Do those shirts have a different collar from TS's other point collar shirts or are they the same collar before it gets broken in?

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We will be running some short sleeved oxford shirts in two weeks, but nothing printed unfortunately. I loved those prints and they are some of my favorite shirts to wear, however they did not sell that well.

I wonder if it had to do with the price point. It costs as much to sew short sleeve shirts as long sleeve and consequently we still have to charge $115 - $125. Does that price scare you away from a long sleeve?

To answer another question, that is the same point collar we always use. It is just that that shirt is unwashed and the fabric had more structure.

Good on you for pulling some oldy photos out!

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that second shirt is fantastic. Price wouldn't scare me away, personally.

Will you guys be doing a true linen or cotton-linen trouser? Your chambray trouser is fantastic, but the cut isn't for me.

Great stuff as always. Bringing a buddy from NYC to your shop in a few weeks to stock up.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Sadness. I missed my size the first time around and have regretted it, particularly recently with all the warm weather in the Bay Area. Those short sleeves would be perfect, and I would not be afraid of the price! If you could get a similar fabric, would it be possible to do a group MTO?

onehotchili

Reaction score
TS,

I know I would TOTALLY into printed short sleeve shirts at your normal price range. I love those floral prints....

rusticchasm

Reaction score
i really like the floral prints. i think that the same price-point as a long-sleeve usually does make me more hesitant to pull the trigger.

Dino19

Reaction score
Generally, people would expect a much lower price for a short sleeve compares to long sleeve. The rationale is the amount of fabric & work involved are lesser.

From my understanding, the work & time spent on a short sleeve is not so much lesser. Plus, the fabric on the sleeve is usually considers as "wasteage" because it's not of much use. Thus, the price is almost the same. Hence, I would also prefer to buy long sleeve as I can either wear it long or rolled.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads