• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Washington looks great on you. It does strike me that the jacket must be longer than most people would prefer, but the proportion does look good in this length.

Just curious, do you have extremely long legs or are you just super tall in general?

Thank you kindly. The jacket is what would classically be considered the 'correct' length; i.e., it bisects my body in the middle. Note the way it clings to my hips; it's a very elegant silhouette. Longer jackets just look better in my opinion.

I'm 6'2, so not freakishly tall by any stretch. I suppose I have long legs, but I also have a long torso and slightly shorter arms. That complicates things a little.

Thilgela

Reaction score
Thank you kindly. The jacket is what would classically be considered the 'correct' length; i.e., it bisects my body in the middle. Note the way it clings to my hips; it's a very elegant silhouette. Longer jackets just look better in my opinion.

I'm 6'2, so not freakishly tall by any stretch. I suppose I have long legs, but I also have a long torso and slightly shorter arms. That complicates things a little.

Yes. I definitely love the classic silhouette that achieves the 50-50 proportion. I think the shorter arms does give the impression that the jacket looks long but it does not in reality at all.

In my case, I am 5'11. If my jacket reaches the tip of my index finger, it will definitely be way too long.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it depends on your proportions. That would not be ideal in your case. But you're probably at the ideal height in terms button placement and what have you.

It's sadly ironic that most SuSu products are ill-suited to tall men, considering they are Dutch.

BlairW

Reaction score
2093A54B-B301-4C69-9649-B17257DB571B.png
It would be very interesting to know what size each SS model is, and do some of them wear long sizes. I find in particular this guy looks aesthetically pleasing but a lot of the others do not.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they just wear whatever size SuSu tells them to wear. Sometimes they get it right, but many of the models - especially for the newer stuff - are styled absolutely atrociously.

I get the impression they are heading in a more fashion-forward direction these days. Which is a pity.

TheSupplier

Reaction score
All the initial suits and samples they produce are in 38R. Its the size on most mannequins as well. So I believe all the models they use in campaigns are the same size.

Timaro

Reaction score
I've visited the Brookfield Place location once and it's safe to say its a much smaller store and isn't worth visiting unless you happen to work or be close by in the area.

I ultimately went to the Brookfield Place location, just to avoid the crowds at SoHo. I can't compare it to SoHo, but I'll warn future readers that the service is realllllly hit and miss. Some people are competent, others are...not. I would advise not using their alterations service for anything other than trivial changes (e.g. hem), because you can't trust the floor employees to measure/pin things. At all. Suitsupply makes a good product, but at the end of the day, you're still dealing with floor employees who might work at a Men's Wearhouse.

I went through two different rounds of alterations measurements with three different employees, and none hit the mark. The first lady got the pants almost right, but didn't properly fit the back of the jacket. The second lady had no idea how to fix the problem, and the tailor himself had to step in to correct the impending disaster (thankfully!). Unfortunately, after reducing the back, the neck wasn't square, but the last guy seemed not to realize that it was even a problem (I had to argue with him that, no, the back of the neck really shouldn't be wrinkled like that! Dude was literally prepping the garment bag and the receipt...:brick:)

I was starting to think I was just overly demanding, but then I took the suit to Wazin, and they noticed all of the problems with the fit before I said anything at all. You get what you pay for...

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't notice the lining on the grey linen waistcoat is white. Really liking the wc but I thought white lining is generally associated with wedding attire?

caschta

Reaction score
Did you guys check out the new collection in-store?
I was in a store yesterday and saw some of the pieces. It looks way more casual than I thought (the houndstooth with a vest in blue and Brown for example). Also I'm not sure about the polyamid blend in those. A little bit of a let down for me, maybe I'll skip a winter-suit this year and invest in a mtm suit.

TheSupplier

Reaction score
If anyone is looking to sell a 38R or 38S Madison aka Havana DB Pleated Suit or Jacket let me know. New or Used in decent condition doesn't matter.

I'd like some more of these for my personal collection and am willing to get you items from Suitsupply or trade if necessary. Again new or used doesnt matter as long as it isnt tailored to death.

I do NOT want a Soho (hate the jetted pockets!!)

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually prefer the jetted pockets to the patch pockets on the db suits. The patch pockets just look too 'busy' to me.

Thilgela

Reaction score
Jetted pockets are fine, especially on business suits. it looks sleeker and bolder. Definitely something that's not very conservative. I do like the look, but that's just me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics